Chapter 1

Ordinary Thing

Chapter 1:

“A star is type of astronomical object consisting of a luminous spheroid of plasma held together by its own gravity….”

Eunji grunted as she didn’t bother to listen to the professor’s lesson in front. Her eyes wandered around the room as she sighed quietly. “That’s not what a star is…for me a star can be someone smiling brightly as you think you’ve found love... someone like” Her thoughts were cut off when her eyes caught at the girl in front writing her notes for the class.

“Her...” she whispers quietly. Her seatmate looks at her weirdly “Eunji be quiet, our teacher might hear you” The girl mumbles before paying attention to the teacher who is discussing in front. Eunji ignores her seatmate before continuing to look at the girl in front, writing her notes while she bites her lips. “Focused.” Eunji’s thoughts said as she continued to observe the girl. The way the girl’s hair falls down the side and the way her eyebrows furrow whenever she makes a mistake on her notes. Eunji chuckles seeing her cute facial reaction. As she chuckled, the whole class looked at her on why she did it.

“Miss Jeong…Did I say something funny?” The professor looked at her sternly “stand up!” Eunji looked at her professor before standing up. “Now tell me…Am I funny?” Eunji quickly shakes her head “No sir” The professor chuckles sarcastically before going near Eunji’s chair before hitting her in the forehead “This is not the time to fool around! This is a classroom! You should focus on the things that are important, not on the things that make no sense! You dense girl now sit down and listen to the lesson” Eunji gets hit in the head one last time. She rubs the spot where she got hit and sat down on her chair before looking at the girl in front who was now looking back at her. She sighs as she continues to rub the spot and looks down at her desk.

Naeun writes her notes neatly before hearing their professor yell in the class. She looks back and sees the person whom the teacher was scolding. Her eyes widen a bit as the teacher hit her head. As the professor goes back to teaching, it seems that she could not focus on her notes now. She continues to look at the girl in the back who was rubbing her forehead. She sighs softly before tapping her foot in a hurry, hoping for the bell to ring.

As the bell rings, Eunji quickly goes up to her said hiding place, the rooftop where no one goes to. She sits down on the pavement of the roof before putting on one ear pod on her ear as she listens to a soft spring-like song. She closes her eyes as she relaxes, breathing in and out slowly, forgetting about what happened in class.

“Eunji Eonni”

Eunji’s eyes open as she sees her girlfriend in front of her. She sighs a bit before taking off the earphone.

“Son Naeun” She pats the spot beside her. “Come sit down here” Naeun obliged and quickly observes her face “Does it hurt until now?” she brings out an ice pack from her pocket before hitting it on the ground for the pack to turn cold. “It’s a good thing that I have this Eonni because I know you wouldn’t go to the pharmacy to get that hit checked” Eunji chuckles before putting the pack to the sore part of the back of her head. “It’s not like I was beaten up Naeun” Naeun looks at her worriedly “Why did you even laugh in class?” Eunji shakes her head and puts a finger on her lips “It’s a secret Nangni” She chuckles seeing Naeun so worried “Yah…Baby don’t worry about it…I’m really okay I swear” Naeun gives up and nods “Fine then…” she continues to look at Eunji quietly. Eunji looks at Naeun in the eyes deeply before giving her a quick kiss on the lips “Hey…Nangni don’t worry about it too much”

Naeun gives her a hug carefully, trying hard not to hug her tightly. “I love you Eonni and I hope this wouldn’t happen again” Eunji kisses her forehead before nodding “I promise” Eunji’s promises are always kept and her secrets are never revealed to anyone…except for Naeun, after all their relationship was a secret too.