Six

So My Best Friend Likes You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YUGYEOM'S POV

As I entered our room, I immediately dropped my whole body on the bed. FACE FIRST.UGH. I am frustrated that I could not help but growl loudly.

"Yah, are you planning to tear the sheets?" 

I heard Mark hyung so I sat up and sighed. He was holding a towel while drying his hair. He sat on the opposite bed.

"Yah, you all right?" Hyung asked again. 

I sighed again and ruffled my own hair. I heard Mark hyung snickered. 

"Rosè problem?" He said smirking.

I looked at him and lied again. 

"Jungkook came when I was about to confess, hyung. Effing timing. "

I heard him snickered again. 

"So that's why you're frustrated, huh? Why? She haven't even confirmed if she really does not like you."

"You're mean, hyung." 

"But, on a serious note, why are you so angry? You're friends with Jungkook, right?" 

"Yeah, but, he likes her. He likes her, too. He's been texting me about helping him with her."

"If you really like her, don't help and tell him you like her, too.. It's that simple. Why are you making this complicated?"

"It's not easy to tell him, hyung. I don't want to hurt him."

"So, you're gonna hurt yourself? You'll also hurt him if he finds out you're hiding something this big to him. Including Rosè. "

And because of what he said, I became even more torned than I already was. 

"Look, be honest with them. You know that you need to. You're just afraid of what's gonna happen. If Jungkook really is your friend, yeah... he'll feel hurt but he'll understand. It's not rocket science." 

I breathed hard. 

"I wanted to claim her. So bad. But I know I would hurt someone else if I do that. And, what if she doesn't like me that way?"

"Well, there's only one way to find out."

"How?"

"Tell her."

-------

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"So you mean to say you met Jeon Jungkook yesterday?" Lisa asked for the nth time while we were eating our breakfast.

"Yes, Lisa." I answered and continued eating.

"And Yugyeom was what again?"

"Lisa, Chae already told us that he was stiff since Jungkook came in the picture." Jennie inserted.

"You know what, Chae, I'm not sure if you're densed or stupid. I mean, the guy clearly has some feelings for you." Jisoo eonnie pointed out.

"OMG! Your life is so much better than any k-dramas!" Lisa giggled.

"Good thing someone's enjoying this." Jennie chuckled. "But seriously,Chae, do you like him?"

I put the spoon and fork down and drank some water before speaking. "He's not a difficult person to like. There's nothing not to like. I just don't know why he was acting like that."

"Because he was jealous! Have you seen some vidoes of Jungkook oggling at you? He's a fanboy of yours, Chaeng. I bet he's already asked Yugyeom's help to get close to you that's why Yuyeom looked so torned."

"He's threatened." Lisa added.

"And if he's not gonna step up his game, this Jungkook guy will definitely get close to you." Jennie said and finshed her food.

What great friends. Ugh.

---
YUGYEOM'S POV

We were doing or rehearsals for our New Era promotions in Japan and I've never been this upset. I have always been cool with everything and I  hardly tell anyone what I feel so I guess that's why my heart feels so heavy. I keep everything to myself. I don't like bothering others with my feelings. 

I was panting heavily while seating on the stage.

"Gwenchana? You're doing too much. You're going to kill yourself." Jaebom hyung said while he handed me some water.

I smiled and got the water. "I'm okay, hyung."

He sat beside me and drank his water. "You've not been yourself since this morning. Are you sick?"

I smiled assuringly. "Ani. I'm okay, hyung. Chincha. I'm fine."

"Tell us if you need to rest. It's not bad to rest." 

I just nodded. He tapped my shoulders and stood up. I stood up to get my phone which I placed in front of the stage. She's been texting me since last night but I don't really know what to tell her. I haven't sent her anything.

I miss her. And I feel such a bastard treating her this way. So, I decided to call her.

----
CHAEYOUNG'S POV

I have not received any messages from Yugyeom since last night. I was very anxious. What if he hates me? But why would he hate me? Argh! I'm getting even more frustrated. 

I was about to call him when I saw him calling. 

I suddenly felt nervous. I grabbed my phone and sat on my bed before I answered.

"Yoboseyo." 

There was silence. But I can hear some noise. Probably he's in rehearsals.

"Yugyeom-ah?"

"Hi."

Dammit. With just one word, my frustrations and  anxiousness were forgotten. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter