1 Night 2 Days NFYT

Finding Sugar Man
Please log in to read the full chapter

Before the trip, Jiwon oppa--will I ever get used to calling Eun Jiwon “Oppa” in person--and I had been exchanging messages but he did not divulge much detail.

 

Are you sure?

I don't have to prepare anything for the trip?

I don't mind if you ask me to bring something.


Just be prepared to go into the water

Or climb a mountain

Bokbulbok, you know


 

Still, I consulted Jaehyun, who told me not to worry about a thing, that Jiwon is an experienced camper, having been a member of outdoor activity groups 1N2D and NJTTW through which the Kang's Kitchen crew became close like brothers.

 

When Jiwon said camping, I was thinking we would be pitching tents in a site near the beach or close to where we could go on an early morning hike to watch the sunrise. Though I might not exactly be the Law of the Jungle type, I think I am fit enough and more than willing to carry my share of the load. But perhaps he had comfort in mind because when he showed up at the hostel where I was staying that Saturday morning, he had a massive camping trailer. As he stepped down the trailer, I couldn't help but notice how much younger he looks in casual clothes. He looks even younger than when he had debuted. How is that even possible?

 

Jiwon smiled, and I blushed when I realized he caught me checking him out. Such a relief that he did not say anything though, because by now I have learned how mercilessly he could tease and even though I have yet to witness Jiwon play a prank, Jaehyun told me he could be playful like a choding. Jiwon just got my things and loaded them in the trailer.

 

Rather than straight up camping, Day 1 seemed to be more like a road trip. Our first stop was the Dodu Harbor site where visitors could try sea walking. I was terrified to try it at first because I was not a particularly strong swimmer.

 

“Seawalking is easy and safe. You don't even need to be able to swim,” Jiwon assured me.

 

“I'm scared,” I said. The idea of going into the deep had triggered some fears I had.

 

Jiwon said to trust him because he is the “Hawaii diving beetle” so he would definitely be able to save me if anything happens in the water. That made me laugh out loud, diminishing the fear.


“Don't you trust me?” he repeated, looking hopeful for a positive reply. How could I say no to him looking like that?

 

“Let's go!” I said with a strong resolve to overcome my fear. And I was glad I did because sea walking was totally enjoyable. We fed fishes and took pictures with an underground dolhareubang. Jiwon's favorite part was the jumping up and down while holding hands as if on a trampoline.

 

“I'm hungry,” I told Jiwon after we had our change of clothes.

 

“Then let's eat!” he replied. “Work hard. Play harder. Eat hardest,” we said in unison and laughed.


Considering the time we have spent together I find it kinda scary how much he knows me by now. It's as if he can read my mind. I only wish he doesn't think that I am simplistic or anything like that. I know I am slow to warm up to people that is why some people seem to have the impression that I am cold or closed off. But once I am comfortable and feel safe enough to express my dorkiness, I can be crazy loud.

 

“I hope you don't mind. I invited a friend to join us for lunch,” Jiwon said, suddenly sounding a bit worried.

 

“Not at all. The more, the merrier,” I told him. I wanted to ask who it was but chose to wait.


We went to the most famous milmyeon and suyuk restaurant in Jeju recommended by Jiwon's friend, who, Jiwon told me later, actually helped in planning our trip. When we got there, he was informed that his friend was already waiting at the special area that had been reserved for us. I suddenly felt nervous, but curious as well. Who is this friend?

 

OMG! It couldn't be him, but there he was, standing as we approached the table to give Jiwon a quick hug.

 

Lee Jaijin.

 

Sechskies Number 2. From the interviews I had read and shows I had seen, Lee Jaijin seemed to be such an interesting person. There were many instances that Jiwon and Jaijin were caught bickering on camera, and they both admitted to having differences in opinion on matters. Never did it cr

Please log in to read the full chapter