Cool Kiz on the Block

Finding Sugar Man
Please log in to read the full chapter

Water always has a calming effect on me that every time I need to clear my head, I would go for a swim. If I have time and the weather allows it, I would drive to the nearest beach; otherwise, I would do laps in the swimming pool. Sometimes, the members would join me, and we would race or do some other game in the water eventhough they know the futility of that exercise. I always win anyway. I am not called the Hawaii diving beetle for nothing. I do not fear the deep; I revel in it.

 

Duc et altum. Go into the deep.


Embraced by water, holding my breath, I closed my eyes, and I see her. Dara. She is wearing the bubble helmet she wore when we went seawalking in Jeju. She is smiling, in childlike awe of the colorful creatures swimming by. Then she is reaching out her hand, getting ready for the jump, my favorite part of the seawalking adventure. I reach out to hold her hand, then she's gone. I opened my eyes. That's when I felt a strong pair of arms grabbed me from behind, hauling me out of the water.


"Hyung! Jiwon hyung!" I could hear the panic in Sunghoon's voice from a distance.


"Hyung!" Jaeduck and Suwon called out in unison.

 

I shook my head vigorously, shaking water out of my hair, my lashes, and I saw Jaijin looking at me, brows raised, his question unasked but understood.

 

"I'm alright."


Jaijin still looked worried, but he nodded, and we swam back to the shore where the others were waiting.


"I won, right? How long was I under water?" I asked as I took the towel Jaeduck was holding.


"You scared us, Hyung! Really!" Sunghoon, though clearly worried, looked like he had enough of my pranks. I would have to apologize to them later.

 

"This hyung, aish!" Suwon threw his towel at me and walked away. I laughed at his childish reaction.

 

"Too long. You were down there too long. Long enough to get us worried." Jaijin answered from behind me. I turned to look at him, and felt guilty although what I did was unintentional. We were playing a game, and I took it too far.

 

"Let's get back to the house." I pat Jai

Please log in to read the full chapter