Two Yoo Project: Sugar Man

Finding Sugar Man
Please log in to read the full chapter

Surreal.


I went to Jeju to seek some solace after the failure that my relationship had been. Never did I imagine that I would encounter Eun Jiwon, shake his hands, eat dinner with him, and even wash dishes with him. Hodong oppa initially refused my offer to help clean up, but it was the least I could do in exchange for the hearty meal and conversations that I had partaken in.

 

But really, everything was totally surreal.

 

Before tonight, I had only seen Eun Jiwon with musical instrument. Drums, keyboards, guitar. His pink ukulele. I had seen video clips of him working in a studio, talking about music, bickering with s in interviews. I have always thought that he was born to make music, perform on stage, and make all of us sway and swoon or jump and scream.

 

Never had I imagined him wiping tables, vacuuming floors, or washing dishes. Or pounding a 400-gram Jeju black pork for a serving of Kang Hodong-katsu. This is not to say that working in a restaurant is any less than being a rockstar. Erase rockstar. In one of his interviews, Eun Jiwon mentioned that he disliked being regarded as a rockstar, even though that is exactly what he is to me: a star.

 

So if not a rockstar, maybe a shooting star? Because Sechskies was shining the brightest, and before I knew it, they were gone.

 

I had so many questions. I already asked Hyesun why she didn't tell me that Jaehyun and Jiwon were working together. She replied that it was not her secret to tell. I kinda understood that because I would likely have done the same. Preoccupied with thoughts of Sechskies and Eun Jiwon, I almost ignored my phone lighting up and vibrating. I checked to see who had sent me a message. It was Park Narae.

Please log in to read the full chapter