Kang's Kitchen

Finding Sugar Man
Please log in to read the full chapter

As I was parking my car I thought the owner of Kang's Kitchen hit the jackpot as far as location is concerned. Accessibility? Check. Picturesque view? Double check. As a self-proclaimed foodie and travel enthusiast, I make it a point to check online reviews, blog posts, and what-nots on restaurants and other places before I actually go. Kang's Kitchen has only a few items on its menu: donkatsu, omurice, kimbap, and ramen, but it has customers standing in lines and waiting. “Delicious food. Great service,” they said.

 

On my way I was hoping the line was not as long as I imagined it be. Maybe because it was already past the dinner rush, there was only a couple of customers ahead of me in the waiting area by the entrance of the restaurant. A middle-aged man with smiling eyes greeted me “Welcome!” and asked if I was expecting company so he could assign an appropriate table for me. I told him I was alone.

 

“It's your lucky day, young lady. A table for one had just arrived today,” he joked. “I love this place already,” I said.

 

The jolly man led the couple ahead of me to their table, served water, and gave them the menu. Then he came back and did the same for me. As he gave me the menu, I told him I was ready to order, which earned me a salute from Lee Sugeun (I read his name tag).

 

Please log in to read the full chapter