Going Back

Gyuri-Saerom

“Du du du du...” A girl smiled to herself, proud of a full course breakfast she made on the lovely morning. She the TV flipping through the channels until she found the one she was looking for. “Spongebob!” She then munched happily her breakfast.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Unlock.

“What the…” Said a girl when she saw a pair of sneakers near her door. She then heard TV noises from her living room. “The hell. Who the are—“

“Oh hey, you’re home!”

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE, GYURI?”

“I’m having my breakfast. Oh, you want some? I can make it for you too, Saeromie.”

The one who called Saeromie saw in disbelieve that the girl named Gyuri leisurely walked to her kitchen, opening her fridge to get her milk. “STOP!”

“Why? I’m making you breakfast too, Saeromie. You’d must be hungry from your business trip.” Gyuri grinned and stroll to a cabinet to get a bowl and to another to get cereal.

Saerom sighed. Her head was pounding so much from all of the jetlags. All she wanted was a warm bath and a whole day sleep to revenge all of her sleepless night because of her partner’s stupid project she had to fix. “Can you please stop calling me Saeromie and explain to me what are you doing here?!”

“What are you talking about? I live here—“

“No you don’t. We broke up a long time ago and I kicked you out, remember?”

Gyuri stopped what she was doing. “I said I was sorry. It won’t happen again.”

Saerom exhaled and massaged the bridge of her nose. “Look, we are not going through that again. I’m tired. So just please explain to me what are you doing in here?” She sighed and took a seat.

“I’m sorry Saeromie—ah. I uhh… I kinda’ need an escape from my life. And you know that I don’t have anyone but you. So I went here last night. I tried the old passcode and it worked.”

“You have all the money in the world to escape from your life, Actress Jang Gyuri.”

“But I don’t want to be alone. And you’re the only one who gets me.”

Saerom was too tired to get into another drama today. “Fine. Only for this weekend and after that please move out.”

Gyuri grinned. “Deal.” She ran to the owner of the apartment to hug but stopped by a hand.

“Do not touch me. I’m letting you stay, not letting you get back together with me.” Saerom sternly said then she walked to her bedroom to get the said warm bath and sleep, until… “JANG GYURI! WE ARE NOT SLEEPING TOGETHER!” She shouted from her bedroom.

“Might pushed myself too hard on that one.” Gyuri said to herself. “Sorry! I’ll get my things out after you showered!” She shouted back.

---

Saerom felt warm and comfy. The kind that she used to have before, so she snuggled deeper, inhaling the scent she got accustomed to. She was pretty happy until she realized that she should have not had those anymore. Saerom then opened her eyes. “The !” She kicked her ex-girlfriend off of the bed.

“Ow my !” Gyuri grunted. “Can’t you be more soft and kind to me?” She caressed her inflicted body part.

“How can I be kind and soft to the intruder of my bed?!” Saerom yelled. “I said specifically that we are not sleeping together yesterday!”

“So sorry. I wanted to sleep in the other room, but it was not set up yet. I tried to sleep on the couch but I really need to rest my back because I was cleaning your apartment yesterday!”

“Then why don’t you set up the guest room?”

“Because I was cleaning your apartment the whole day! Jesus Christ. Can we stop yelling to each other it’s still morning.” Gyuri moved to sit on the bed, holding her throbbing head.

Saerom inhaled and toned down her rage. “Right. I’ll set up the room for you today.”

“Thanks. You want something for breakfast? Pancakes and Bacon your favy?”

Saerom nodded.

“Okay. I’ll make that.”

“Thank you.” Saerom softly said as she watched Gyuri nodded and walked out from her bedroom.

---

“So what exactly happened until you want to escape your life?” Saerom asked.

The two were in the living room. The owner of the apartment had told her unexpected guest that they needed to talk. Gyuri obliged. So there they were, sitting on the opposite of the couch, each holding a cup of morning coffee.

“Actually…” Gyuri took a deep breath. “I’m kind of broke right now. I got kicked out from my apartment because I cannot pay the rent. I don’t know where else to go but you.” She lowered her head.

“What? Why? I thought you are the actress Jang Gyuri.”

“I lost all of my money on stupid investments. One, to a movie that it was not even made a week into the cinema. Two, one of my friends said that she was a big shot broker on an investment company that would double my money from market share something. So I invested and she lost it on day one. Also, I don’t have any jobs since the ‘Full-Moon Club’ case.”

“I still see you on TV from time to time.” Saerom commented on several reality shows that Gyuri appeared on.

“It’s only pities from other actors.”

Saerom actually felt sorry for her ex-girlfriend.

“Saerom-ah, I’m really sorry. I honestly didn’t want to burden you but I have no one but you. Can I please stay here until I can get back on my feet? I promise I’ll help.”

Saerom calmly sipped on her coffee. “Okay. But please keep the apartment clean. I know how messy you are.”

“Thank you and I will.” Gyuri smiled.

---

Out for casting. Have a nice day. :) Saerom read the post it on her coffee maker that already filled with coffee. She smiled.

A week they have been living together and Gyuri was nothing but a great help for Saerom. She changed. She thought to herself. She had seen how messy her ex-girlfriend would be on their old days. Although some of Gyuri little habits were still appeared time to time, but Saerom could tolerate that.

To: Gyul
Thanks for the coffee and good luck for the casting.

Saerom was about to put her phone back to her purse when an incoming message notification popped up.

From: <3
I’ll pick you up after work, Love.

. I forgot about you.

---

“Hi, Love.” A kiss on Saerom’s head.

“Hey you.” Saerom smiled and kissed her girlfriend back.

“I’m sorry, my boss held me up to catch up on the progress.” The girlfriend took a seat across her. “Did you wait long?”

“It’s okay. I’ve just arrived as well. Let’s order.”

The couple took their time to catch up on their dinner.

“So you’ve been missing.”

Saerom wiped trying to be calm. “Missing? No.”

“You are. You’re not texting me. You didn’t answer my call. Did something happen?”

“Sorry… You know I just got back from the States for the project and I’m really busy fixing the things up.” Saerom took a hold of her girlfriend’s hand. “Sorry if you feel neglected.”

“Well a bit. But I was just worried about you.” The girlfriend smiled. “You sure you’re okay?”

“I am.” Saerom reassured. She sipped her drink.

“Well, maybe I can stay at your place tonight? I missed you.”

Saerom chocked on her water when she heard the question, remembering that her ex-girlfriend was living there at the moment.

“Are you okay, Love?”

Saerom cleared . “I’d love to, but the apartment is really messy and uhh… I’m still jetlagging. I’m sorry.” She reasoned.

“It’s okay, other day then.”

---

Saerom let out a long exhale once she was inside her apartment, closing her eyes, leaning against her door. Lying was not her strong forte. But she has to do it because she detested conflict and living under the same roof with your ex-girlfriend would potentially be a huge conflict with the current girlfriend.

“You’re okay?” A concerned Gyuri asked.

“God! You surprised me.” Saerom said. She then changed into slippers. “Yes, I’m okay.”

“Have you had dinner? I bought pizza on the way home.”

“I have. But I can eat a slice.”

“Alright. Go shower. I’ll warm up the pizza for you.”

“Thank you.” Several minutes later Saerom sat next to Gyuri who was absorbed in watching late night movie on TV. “Thanks for the pizza.”

Gyuri glanced to the source of voice. “You’ve said that.”

“You didn’t answer.”

Gyuri chuckled. “You’re welcome, Saerom-ie.” She ruffled the wet hair of her ex-girlfriend.

The gesture was apparently still warmed Saerom’s heart. “What are we watching?”

“A movie about a writer that lost her daughter.”

Saerom looked at the TV. “Ah, the British actor that you like.”

Gyuri nodded. “The one that you can’t say the name, apparently until now.”

Saerom laughed. “My tongue is on Korean default and his name is actually hard!”

“I know I know.”

---

Gyuri huffed. Another day, another casting, another rejection. “I’m home.”

“Hi you. Cheer up.” Saerom greeted. Gyuri had texted her about the rejection. “I cooked dinner. Your favy.”

Gyuri gave a short smile. “Smells fantastic. Imma go shower first.” She then went to her room.

In the midst of their dinner, Saerom suddenly got an idea about Gyuri’s future. “Why don’t you try, you know, apply to an agency?”

“Tried that. Not working.” Gyuri flatly said.

“Alright.” Saerom patted Gyuri’s hand. “It will be okay, Gyuri-yah.”

Gyuri smiled and felt warm. “I know. Thank you.” She patted Saerom’s hand with her other unoccupied hand.

“How about we get the ice cream that you like tomorrow?”

Gyuri tilted her head. “Wait. Ice cream that I like?” She fully knew which ice cream parlor Saerom meant in that conversation.

Saerom rolled her eyes. “Fine. Ice cream that I like by the park.” She corrected the statement by emphasizing herself.

“Your treat and deal.”

“Deal.”

---

“Oh come on! How come every single time you picked a flavor is always better than mine?” Saerom sulked, looking at Gyuri’s ice cream.

“Because you on picking ice cream flavors.” The taller girl stuck her tongue out.

“Trade.” Saerom pushed her ice cream into the front of Gyuri’s face, smiling oh so sweetly she knew Gyuri would comply.

Gyuri clicked her tongue but obeyed anyway. They exchanged ice cream and the actress resumed enjoying her cold sweet treat. “How’s your parents?”

“So sudden. But they’re fine, thank you.” They found a bench in the park and rested there. “Why?”

“Nothing. They suddenly crossed my mind.”

“They sometimes talked about you. Mostly Mom. She often called me to update your daytime drama episodes.”

Gyuri smiled, remembering the warmth of Saerom’s family. “I should pay a visit. We should pay a visit.”

Saerom squinting her eyes on Gyuri. “Why are you dragging me into this?”

“Because they are your parents?”

Saerom defeated. “Fine. We’ll visit them on Chuseok.”

Gyuri’s eyes bulged. “Whew. I didn’t mean to pay a visit during such holiday. I’m not your girlfriend anymore. Bring your girlfriend on Chuseok, we can visit them next weekend.”

“Who says I have a girlfriend?”

Gyuri was surprised. “You don’t?”

Saerom sighed. “Well I have. But I never thought to introduce her to my parents. Not yet I mean.”

“So you do have one.”

Saerom nodded. “It’s new.”

“I see.” Gyuri nodded. Learning the new fact that her ex-girlfriend had moved on. “Is she your workmate?”

Saerom thought of an easier explanation. “She’s a partner of the holding company that I work for.”

“So she’s part of the big bosses?”

“Yes.”

“Does the big boss girlfriend know me? I mean not the actress Jang Gyuri, but the ex-girlfriend Jang Gyuri?”

“First, her name is Song Hayoung. Second, no she does not know that you are the ex-girlfriend Jang Gyuri.”

Gyuri clicked her tongue. “Then she must be didn’t know that you’ve been living with the ex-girlfriend Jang Gyuri for the past month, right? I felt like I’m your mistress.”

Saerom laughed when she heard the last sentence. “You are not. And I’m actually finding a way to let her know.”

---

“You are dating Jang Gyuri?!” Hayoung’s tone went up a few notches.

“What?” Saerom was at Hayoung’s apartment. She felt guilty that she had—again neglected the latter because she spent her time with Gyuri instead of her girlfriend.

Hayoung clicked her phone several times and showed the screen to Saerom. Apparently, it’s a Dispatch news that posted pictures of their ice cream date.

“It’s not what you think it is, Hayoung-ah…”

“What am I supposed to think then?”

“Let me explain.” Saerom said.

“Go on.”

“Gyuri is my ex-girlfriend. We dated several years ago before she made a breakthrough and became very famous. When she got famous and her schedules packed up, we drifted apart then I broke up with her. Until a month ago, she asked for help. And I helped because I still value our friendship. And yes, I went for an ice cream run with her last week. But just that. Not more. She knows about you.”

“So it was just a friendly meeting?”

“Yes.”

“Nothing else you wanted to tell me?”

“Nope. That’s all.”

“Okay. Truce.”

---

Both of Saerom and Gyuri did not realize that they were both getting accustomed of living together. They were like found their missing piece. Everything was in sync to each other. The clumsy Gyuri covered by the tidy Saerom. The uptight Saerom was having fun because of the laid-back Gyuri.

That day Saerom had promised Hayoung—the boss girlfriend, to a friendly dinner with Gyuri to introduce each other. So she briefed Gyuri for the upcoming supper.

“Noted. Living together and visiting your parents on Chuseok are not good discussion topics. Anything else?” Gyuri spoke over the phone.

“Don’t wear anything fancy, we’re not going anywhere fancy.”

“Okay.” Gyuri heard the sharp breaths Saerom took. “Hey, relax. I’m supposed to be the one who’s nervous here. Because she’d probably want to scrutinize whether I am a threat or not.”

“True.” Saerom calmed down. “Okay, text me when you’re done.”

“Okay. Saeromie. I’ll see you.”

---

“Hayoung-ah, this is Gyuri. Gyul, this is Hayoung.” Saerom introduced each other.

“Nice to meet you, Hayoung-ssi.” Gyuri smiled and offered her hand.

Hayoung took the hand and shook it. “Likewise, Gyuri-ssi.”

“Alright. Shall we? I’m famished.” Saerom said as she led the way to the restaurant and to the table that she had reserved. She then took a seat between the two. Not closer to either one of them.

The three read the menu. And Gyuri particularly interested in one section. “Now I remember why you like this place.” She commented.

That made the couple looked up from the menu. “Huh? Me?” Saerom asked.

“Yep. They have a section dedicated only for Tuna.” Gyuri chuckled.

Hayoung looked at Saerom. “Tuna salad, Love?”

“She’s more to a Tuna Steak kind of girl, Hayoung-ssi.” Gyuri stated.

Saerom kicked Gyuri’s leg under the table and smiled to her girlfriend. “I’ll have Tuna Salad.”

The three ate in silence until Hayoung cleared and dared to ask, “So how long you two dated before?”

Gyuri looked at Saerom who was apparently coding that Gyuri should answer that. “Uh… 4-5 years give or take? I proposed to her but she rejected me.” She then looked at her ex. “Was it before or after the movie?” Referring to the hell period they have been through.

“After the movie.” Saerom answered.

“Whew that was a long relationship.” Hayoung commented.

“Don’t worry, Hayoung-ssi. We’re just friends now.” Gyuri reassured. “How long have you guys been together?”

“3 months going on 4.”

“Cute.” Gyuri commented. “First year is the toughest.”

“We’ll be fine.” Hayoung confidently said, holding Saerom’s hand in process.

“Imma need ice cream.” Saerom said after she finished her meal. She read the menu and ordered a scoop of mint-chocolate ice cream.

“Oh hey, I’ll have cookies and cream ice cream.” Gyuri ordered as well.

“Don’t you want something Hayoung-ah?” Saerom asked.

Hayoung shook her head. “Pass. You know I don’t like ice cream.”

Saerom didn’t comment on that because she actually didn’t know that Hayoung didn’t like ice cream and that because they never went on an ice cream date. The situation was awkward but thankfully Gyuri save the day.

“So what do you do, Hayoung-ssi?”

Hayoung sipped her coffee before answering. “I manage several companies, including hers.”

“Whew big boss of big bosses.” Gyuri felt another jab on her leg when she commented that. She glared at the kicker.

But Hayoung seemed to be proud of it. “Well if you put it that way.”

“Ice Cream!” Saerom cheerfully said when the sweet treat displayed on her table. She then looked at Gyuri’s. “Seriously!”

“No. We are not trading this!” Gyuri protected her ice cream from Saerom.

“Tsk. Stingy ungrateful Seoul Tower—”

Gyuri clicked her tongue and switched their cups. “Next time just order the same thing with me.”

“Good idea but not fun. I better seeing you suffer with me trading or stealing your cup.” Saerom stuck her tongue out.

Gyuri made funny faces and ruffled Saerom’s hair.

The two were completely forgotten about Hayoung’s existence and they were completely unaware that Hayoung was watching them with jealousy burning in her eyes.

“Thank you for the dinner Hayoung-ssi.” Gyuri showed her gratitude when Hayoung finished their tab.

“Pleasure.”

“Let’s go home.” Both Hayoung and Gyuri said at the same time to Saerom.

“I mean I thought since I live near her, she would not hassle you to usher her home.” Gyuri quickly added the explanation.

Saerom nodded. “True, besides you have early flight tomorrow. I don’t want to tire you.” She said to her girlfriend.

“Okay. Please drive safely.” Hayoung said to Gyuri.

“Well noted.”

Hayoung then leaned in and kissed Saerom and deepened it.

Gyuri looked away.

“O…kay.” Saerom said when the kiss was over. “Safe flight tomorrow.” She patted her girlfriend’s cheek and turned to Gyuri. “Let’s go?”

“Thank you again Hayoung-ssi.” Gyuri said before leading Saerom’s way to her parked car. “Pretty excessive kiss right there.” She commented and chuckled once they were out Hayoung’s earshot.

“Shut up.” Saerom slapped Gyuri’s back.

---

“I decided to bring Hayoung for Chuseok.” Saerom suddenly stated.

Gyuri only looked at the later. “O…kay. I’ll stay at home then.” She then concentrated back to her game on TV.

“No. I already told Mom and Dad that you’re coming.”

“It’s gonna be awkward, Saerom-ah.” Gyuri commented, stating the upcoming fact.

Saerom nodded, predicting the condition. “I know. But if I don’t take her, I feel like I betrayed her in some way…” She weighed her reason.

Gyuri huffed, it was also a fact that she agreed on. “I get you. Alright then. Whose car we’re taking? Mine? Yours? Hers?”

“Yours. Bigger.”

“Okay.”

So it began, the awkward road trip to Saerom’s parents house with Gyuri’s car. Gyuri of course the designated driver, Saerom sat beside her, and the boss girlfriend sat at the second row. The three shared little chit-chats of the weather, road condition and what-not just for the sake to kill the unpleasant mood.

“Your girlfriend is out.” Said Gyuri after peeking the said latter from the rear-mirror.

Saerom only hummed and opened a bottle of water then handed those to Gyuri. “Snacks? Pringles?”

Gyuri handed back the water after drinking it. “Your sandwich please. I’m a bit hungry thanks to you not waking me up.”

“I precisely told you that we’re going at 7 am to avoid the traffic. But you went on with your gaming console.” Saerom grumbled as she prepared the said sandwich and gave to the driver.

“Not retaliating, You’re right, I was wrong. Sorry.” Gyuri then ate the sandwich.

“Good girl.” Saerom patted Gyuri’s head.

Little that they know, Hayoung was actually paying attention to all of their gestures.

Not so long after, the three arrived at the said rest area. Saerom quickly ran to the restroom since she’s been holding it for the last 30 minutes. Hayoung went to get coffee for them and as for Gyuri was getting her gift for Saerom’s mother and corndogs while at it.

“Corndogs!” Saerom said once she was closer to Gyuri.

“Got your favy.” Gyuri gave Saerom disinfectant gel and wet tissue. “Where’s the boss girlfriend?”

“I thought she was with you.”

“I’m here.” Hayoung said. “Coffee, Love?”

“Thank you.” Saerom smiled.

---

“Oh… come in come in.” Saerom’s Mom welcomed her guests very warmly.

Saerom went first to hug her mother. “Hi Mom. I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Baby.” The oldest woman smiled. “Jang-seobang!” She widely opened her arms to Gyuri who was standing behind Saerom.

Gyuri chuckled when she heard the same nickname. She bowed before hugging the old lady. “Hello, Omoni. How are you?”

“I’m fine. You’re still the same. Still pretty.” The older woman took a good look of Gyuri. “I’m very glad to see you two.”

“You’re still beautiful too, Omoni. Oh by the way, I bought you roasted acorns on the way.”

“Aw you shouldn’t have, Jang-Seobang.” Saerom’s mother then noticed another guests stood awkwardly behind Gyuri. “And who is this, Saeromie?”

“Oh, she’s Song Hayoung. A… friend. My friend from office.” Saerom answered.

“Welcome welcome. I didn’t know that we’re going to have more guests. I only set up your bedroom for you two.” Saerom’s mother truthfully said referring to Gyuri and her daughter.

“It’s okay, uhm… Auntie. I can stay at the hotel.” Hayoung said.

“No don’t. I can sleep on the couch.”

Saeron decided to be the mediator. “Okay we’ll figure it out later. Where’s Dad, Mom?” She asked when she found her father missing from the house.

“He’s out to get you ice creams. Why?”

“We should give you new years bow.” Saerom said.

---

Apparently Saerom’s Dad quite chatty with Hayoung since he interested in topic about business. While the two shared their minds, Saerom’s Mom, Saerom, and Saerom’s ex-girlfriend were preparing tables for dinner.

“I saw your last movie, Jang-Seobang. It’s so good, too bad it’s not a happy ending.” Saerom’s mother stated.

“Oh yeah? Thank you Omoni.” Gyuri helped the mother getting out the kimchi and brought it to the table. “Uhh… The plate… Up top…”

“Up top second drawer from the right.” Saerom answered. She then walked to Gyuri to help with the task. “She’s going to star at a new drama, Mom.”

“Really?”

“Yes. What’s it again Gyul?” Saerom asked as she took several plates from Gyuri.

“Uhm… it’s about family, brothers, one has mental disability and the other took care of him. The caretaker brother met a writer and fell in love an they helped each other to find their life balance.”

“And Jang-Seobang is the writer?” Saerom’s mother asked, hoping that Gyuri would be the lead.

Gyuri smiled. “No Omoni. I’m starring as the brothers’ friend. A nurse in the mental ward.”

“Oh. But it sounds good, Jang-Seobang.”

“Hopefully Omoni.” Gyuri smiled. “The pilot episode is airing next week, Omoni. Saeromie will text you the detail.” She nudged Saerom and grinned.

Saerom only sent deadly glares to her ex-girlfriend.

“Can I help with something?” Hayoung went to the kitchen after minutes seeing the three interacted oh so closely.

“It’s almost done, thank you Hayoung-ah. Go sit with Dad.” Saerom cutely to drive-away her girlfriend from the kitchen

Hayoung could only sat there and watched how Gyuri was very close to Saerom’s family. And how her girlfriend was very in sync with Gyuri and how happy she was doing receiving and giving all the gestures from and to Gyuri. And how different Saerom when she was with her and Saerom now. So lovely, so happy, so alive.

After the dinner Hayoung successfully dragged Saerom out of the house. “I suddenly realized something.”

“Huh? What is it?”

“You’re still in love with Gyuri and I really have to go.”

“What—No. I don’t.”

“You are. Maybe you’re not realizing it now. But I can see it. And I also can see that this—our relationship—are going to end soon. So please, just go back inside and I’ll return to Seoul. My driver is on his way here.”

“But Hayoung-ah…”

“It’s okay Saerom-ah. Saves me from more broken heart. Thank you.” Hayoung hugged Saerom until a black sedan stop near them. “Come on, I need to bid farewell to your family.”

“Sorry, Hayoung-ah.”

Hayoung only smiled. “It’s okay.”

---

“You okay?” Gyuri asked while getting their bags from her car’s trunk. Saerom had told her about the break-up after Hayoung went home that night. Taking out the statement that she was still in love with Gyuri.

Saerom nodded.

“You sure? We can buy ice cream…?”

Saerom smiled and took her bag. “I’m really fine, Gyul.” She went inside the apartment building.

“You just need your moment. I get it.” Gyuri followed suit.

---

A month after the break-up, Saerom was still deeply thinking about what Hayoung told her that night. You’re still in love with Gyuri. She exhaled. “Do I really?” She looked at Gyuri who was busy tidying up their pantry with their freshly brought snacks.

“What?” The tall girl asked when she felt eyes on her.

“What?!” Saerom defended.

“You’re staring at me and said something.”

“Ha! You wish.” Saerom nudged Gyuri to move so she could store other groceries too.

“Pretty sure you’re starring before.” Gyuri mumbled. She then had a naughty idea to whisper, “Don’t fall in love with me, Saeromie.”

That whisper earned a good slap on Gyuri’s upper arm. “YAH!” And definitely managed to make Saerom’s heart skipped a beat.

---

“I really don’t want to go to work.” Saerom said when they are having their breakfast. Already suited up, ready for work.

“You don’t want to go to work or you don’t want to drive to work?” Gyuri asked, fully knew that Saerom detested Monday morning traffic.

Saerom only replied with a sly grin.

“Fine. I’ll drive you today and pick you up after work.”

“You’re the best!” Saerom hugged Gyuri.

---

That one night was a very miserable night for Gyuri. Thunderstorms were very heavy and she was really scared of the sound. She really didn’t want to sleep alone because she genuinely terrified. She decided to slip into Saerom’s room and lied down beside the latter.

Saerom awakened when she felt the dip and rolled over that’s when she saw the cute Gyuri curled up with her blanket that apparently shifted to be a hoodie as well. “Aww.” She admired the cuteness first before opening her eyes. “Thunderstorms, huh?” She asked when she felt Gyuri snuggled into her arms. She automatically covered Gyuri’s ears and planted a kiss on the latter’s head.

“Night Saerom-ie.”

“Night, Baby Gyul.”

Slowly but surely they went into the old soothes of having each other’s company. Felt complete to one another. And seeing that there are no other people would stranded their way, Gyuri braved herself to ask Saerom.

It was not over a fancy dinner or a dreamy proposal. Gyuri and Saerom were watching romantic movies, with their hot choco-marshmellow. Curled up to each other under the blanket fighting the cold winter breeze. It just felt right for Gyuri. “Saeromie?” She softly called, inhaling Saerom’s shampoo aroma.

“Hmm?” Saerom was enjoying the soft kisses.

“What if I go back and we stay like this forever?”

“What do you mean?”

“With you marrying me. Please say yes, so I can get you to get up kiss me since my arm is starting to feel numb.”

Saerom laughed and sat up properly on the couch. “You stupid.” She pulled Gyuri by the collar and kissed her.

“Your stupid.” Gyuri smiled and added more kisses.

Saerom nodded. “My stupid for the rest of my life.”