Pretty Doctor

Gyuri-Saerom

Pretty Doctor

Gyuri was just done cooking in the kitchen when she felt a tug on her pajama pants. She looked at the culprit and smiled as she bent down. “Good morning, Baby.”

“Jiheon up!” The little girl extended her arms, wanting to be picked up.

The young mother grunted when she held her child up. “What does my Jiheon want?” She asked once she put her daughter on top of their kitchen island.

“Jiheon wants to make breakfast!”

“But Appa already cooked breakfast.” Gyuri said as she smooched her daughter. “See?” She pointed at the omelette on the plate.

“But Jiheon wants cereal.” Jiheon jutted her lower lips and batted her eyes cutely. She knew exactly what to do to her Appa to grant her wish.

The mother smiled lovingly. “Okay. Appa will get it.”

“Yay!” Jiheon clapped her hands. “Jiheon down!” The little girl quickly escaped and sat on her small dining table where she used to have her tea party.

“You don’t want to sit here with Appa?”

“Noh. Appa sit here with me.”

Gyuri chuckled. “Okay.” She prepared the necessities of the so-called cereal breakfast for her child before finally setting herself on the small chair with her own breakfast. She attentively watched her daughter pouring the chocolate bits to the bowl and helped the kid tidying up the spill.

After finishing their breakfast, Jiheon insisted to help her mother cleaning up by carrying some of the dirty dishes. One plate actually, her mother’s. Everything went smoothly until the little girl tripped on a toy and fell. The plate was broken and the scraps pierced Jiheon’s small hand.

“APPAAAAAAAA!” Jiheon wailed.

“Oh my God. Oh my God.” Gyuri quickly and carefully picked her daughter up. She inspected the open wound for a couple of second before rushing to get her wallet and keys and then went outside their apartment.

---

Gyuri raced to the E.R. as soon as she got the sight of it.

“Can I help you, Ma’am?” One of the nurses went to the panic mom and the wailing kid.

“My daughter… I think you need to stitch her up.” Gyuri said.

The nurse observed the crying girl in Gyuri’s arm and nodded before leading the way to an empty bed. “Please wait here. The doctor in charge will come here shortly.”

Jiheon tightened her hug when she heard the curtain slid up.

“Good morning, I’m dr. Lee Saerom.” The doctor calmly greeted. “I was told this little girl has a little wound?” She approached the crying girl and smiled when their eyes met.

Jiheon stopped crying when she saw how beautiful the doctor was. But then, “Appa… No…” She tightened her hold on her mother.

“It’s okay, Baby. The pretty doctor just wants to see.” Gyuri cooed.

Saerom was a bit taken aback when she heard the mother’s praise but still remained calm. “Your… Appa… is right. I just want to see…” The doctor looked at Gyuri as in telepathy asking for the girl’s name.

“Jiheon.”

“Jiheonie.” Saerom kindly smiled and extended her hand. “It’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you.” She then fished something in her pocket and took out a lollipop. “I have candy. Do you want this?”

“Hey look, baby! It’s your favorite flavor.” The mother’s word made Jiheon to look at the doctor and forget about the wounded arm for a second.

Saerom quickly caught the hand and examined it. “So what happened… Appa?”

“She got tripped while carrying my plate to the sink, hence the wound.” Gyuri explained.

The doctor nodded. “Ah…” She put a bit pressure on the arm to check if there’s any remaining debris inside the wound.

“NO NO! HURT! HURT!” Jiheon tried to retract her hand.

“Sorry. Sorry. It’s okay. I’m going to fix this, Jiheon-ah.”

“Does she need to be stitched?”

“No.” Saerom looked at the worried mother and smiled. “I’ll glue it. Less painful and less traumatic for your daughter.” She rubbed Jiheon’s head. “It’s okay Jiheon-ah, you’ll be alright. Does she allergic to particular medicine?”

“No.”

“Alright. Let’s get you healed, Jiheonie.”

Fifteen minutes later, Jiheon was finished being treated and happily on her lollipop.

“I might need to check on that wound in a week… umm… Mrs…?”

“Ah… It’s Gyuri. Jang Gyuri. But don’t call me Mrs. I’m not married yet.”

“Oh… Okay. So uhh… Yeah, I need to see your daughter in a week, Miss Gyuri. You can set up the appointment with the admin.”

“Sure. Well, thank you, Doctor.” Gyuri smiled. “Say thank you to the pretty doctor, Jiheon-ah.”

“Thank you, Pretty Doctor!”

Saerom grinned and patted Jiheon’s head. “You’re welcome, Pretty Jiheon.”

---

“Hi Jiheon-ah…” Saerom kneeled down to greet her patient. “How are you today?” She smiled.

Jiheon quickly hid her face on her Appa’s legs.

“I got you a lollipop, your favorite flavor. Do you want it?”

The little girl took a peek before looking up at her mother, asking for permission.

Gyuri warmly beamed. “You can have it if you want, Baby Girl.” She her daughter’s hair. She then saw her little princess reaching out for the candy. “What you should say to the Pretty Doctor, Jiheon-ah?”

“Thank you, Pretty Doctor.”

Saerom grinned before patting the girl’s head. “You’re very welcome, Pretty Jiheon. Now let’s check your boo-boo.” She pointed at the girl’s bandaged palm.

Gyuri moved her baby to sit on the examination bed in Saerom’s office room. She felt her baby clenched her shoulder when she tried to step away. “It’s okay, Baby. She wants to see if your hand is better.”

“I’m not going to hurt you, Jiheonie. I just want to take a peek~” Saerom said while grinning, trying to ease off the nervous girl.

The little girl finally gave in and stretched out her bandaged hand to the pretty doctor.

Saerom softly and carefully opened the bind and attentively checked the closed wound. “It’s healing pretty well. Did you give the ointment regularly?” She asked the mother.

“Yes. And I always kept the wound dry.”

Saerom nodded and smiled. “Awesome. You can just give her a band-aid now, don’t need the bandage since the wound is already closed. But still give her the ointment. And I’ll prescribe you a medication to smoothen her skin, covering the scar. Because pretty girls need their pretty hand, right?” Saerom patted Jiheon’s head and smiled. “So Jiheon-ah, I have princesses band-aids and Minnie Mouse band-aids. Which one do you want?”

“I want Elsa’s band-aid!”

“I’m guessing you like Frozen?”

“She’s obsessed with it.”

A few minutes later, Saerom finished treating the little girl and high fived her before smiling to the other woman present in the room. “Well, be careful with plates, Jiheon-ah. Don’t want to hurt your other hand, do you?”

The little girl nodded.

“Thank you so much, Doctor Lee.”

“You’re welcome.” Saerom showed her warm smile.

Little that Gyuri realized, that pretty smile of that pretty doctor shook her heart a bit.

---

Gyuri was just done briefing her café staffs and was about to enjoy her coffee when she heard the door opened. Her first customer for the day and it’s none other than the Pretty Doctor. “Doctor Lee?”

Saerom scrunched up her brows for a second before recognizing the person standing near the cashier. “Jiheon’s Umma?”

“Ah yeah, Jiheon’s Appa.” Gyuri corrected. “Jang Gyuri.” Gyuri offered her hand.

Saerom took the hand and shook it. “Right. Nice to meet you again, Gyuri-ssi.”

Nice indeed. Gyuri beamed. “So, what can I help you? Morning coffee and breakfast? We do have that package this month.”

“Oh… You worked here…?”

Gyuri rubbed her nape. “I uhm… I’m the owner.” She was actually shy to admit that out loud and she didn’t even know why.

“Ah I see. So uhh, yes to that package but I don’t drink coffee today, do you have tea instead?”

“Yeah. Which flavor do you want?”

“Can I have…” Saerom looked at the board that displayed the beverage variant. “… Citrus Mint Tea? And I’ll take the Cream Cheese Bagel.”

“Sure.”

“How much is it?”

“It’s on the house.”

Saerom tried to calculate the price she should pay from the menu displayed. “No no no, don’t do that.” She fished out some cash from her wallet.

“It’s okay really. A treat for a new loyal customer.” Gyuri kindly stated.

“That I’ll be.”

“Your order… are you going to eat here or…?”

“I’ll have my breakfast here.”

“Alright. I’ll serve it to your table when it’s ready.”

“The special treatment really gives me away to be your new loyal customer.”

Gyuri did not only serve it onto her new loyal customer’s table but also the one who made the order. “I added honey to your tea.”

Saerom took a sip. “Hmm. It goes really well, thank you Gyuri-ssi.”

Gyuri nodded and turned her heels to go back to her office but Saerom stopped her.

“How’s Jiheon?” Saerom asked.

“She’s okay. She’s at school right now.”

“You can sit there though, accompany me…? That if you’re not busy.”

“No, I’m not busy at all.” Gyuri took a seat across the pretty doctor.

“How’s the scar?”

“Your meds work like magic. It’s really covering it up. Although she still wanted to put band-aid over it.”

“I can give you band-aids, I have like tons of Elsa’s band-aids.”

“Nah, it’s okay. I’m trying to lessen the usage.” Gyuri chuckled. “So, you’re not on the clock today?”

The doctor shook her head after taking a sip of her tea. “It’s my day off. And I just moved to the building across the street thought that I have to familiarize with the neighborhood and I found your café. It’s cozy.” Saerom complimented.

“Your building across the street? I live there too. On block A to be exact.”

“Really? Me too! What floor are you?”

“I’m on the 7th floor. 701.”

“I’m on the 12th. 1227. If there’s minor accident with Jiheon, you can always visit me.”

“Well hello neighbor. And thanks for the offer. Jiheon does have a share of being clumsy.” Gyuri spilt a little fact.

“How old is she again?”

“Three.”

“And she’s already went to school?”

“I try to improve her social skill, that’s why she went into the pre-school.”

Saerom nodded understandingly but didn’t want to pry further. The two continued talking until Gyuri checked her watch and bid her goodbye to pick Jiheon up from school.

---

“Hey Baby…” Gyuri crouched down to be on the same eye level with her daughter who was busy drawing on one of her coffee tables at the café.

“Yes, Appa?” Jiheon briefly glanced at her mother before going back to her drawing.

“Do you remember Doctor Lee?”

Jiheon tilted her head and shook her head.

“The one that healed your boo-boo.” Gyuri pointed at her daughter’s fading scar.

Jiheon shook her head again.

“The one that gave you strawberry lollipop at the hospital?” The mother hinted again.

The little girl still shook her head to reply her mother.

Gyuri hummed trying to find another clue. “Ah! The one that gave you Elsa’s band-aids!”

Jiheon lit up when she heard the last hint. “Pretty Doctor!”

“Yes, the Pretty Doctor.” Gyuri showed her eye-smile when her daughter finally remembered. “She lives near us, do you want to visit her?”

“Umm… But my hand don’t hurt anymore, Appa.”

“We’re not going to check your hand. How about we give her a gift?”

“Gift?”

“Yeah, like… Brownies that you love… or maybe cheesecake from here? How?”

“Brownie!” The little princess grinned.

“Brownies it is then.”

Half an hour later, the duo found their selves standing on the doctor’s doormat. “Pretty Doctor!” Jiheon cheerfully greeted when she saw her Pretty Doctor opened the door.

“Aw Pretty Jiheon!” Saerom cheerfully greeted her little guest as well.

“Brownie!” The young girl presented the perfectly wrapped small cake box to the homeowner.

“Thank you. Please come in.”

“It’s uhh… Thank you and housewarming gift from us. I hope you like chocolates.” Gyuri explained while stepping inside Saerom’s apartment.

“Chocolate is life. Thank you again, Gyuri-ssi. Really. This one really gets me to be your loyal customer. Do I get the pretty delivery girl every time I order at your place?”

The café owner chuckled. “I can arrange that, but she might ask for Elsa’s things in return.”

“Don’t worry I keep an Elsa stash somewhere.” Saerom grinned. “Hey Jiheon, how’s your hand?”

Jiheon who was already made herself comfortable on the couch coolly answered. “Hmm… Good…”

“Good? Can I see?”

The little girl quickly hid her hand. “But Appa said you’re not gonna see my hand because it doesn’t hurt anymore.”

“Right.” Saerom was shocked when she heard the checkmate reply from the little girl. “Smart girl you have there.” She said to Gyuri while unboxing the cake.

“That she is.” The Appa proudly replied. “Anyway, Jiheon handpicked herself the brownies.”

“We can share. Do you want brownies, Pretty Jiheon?” Saerom asked.

“Can I, Appa?”

“Of course Baby Girl.”

“Do you want too, Gyuri-ssi?”

“Ah no, thank you. I have them everyday.”

“Right. I forgot that you own this.” Saerom gave small plate to Jiheon before taking a bite. “Hmm… This is really good! I wish I could have this everyday.”

“Come to the café then. I’ll reserve one for you every day.”

---

The doctor did stop by every single morning to have her breakfast at Gyuri’s café. They sometimes even go out together because they happened to meet at the elevator. Saerom too occasionally went with Gyuri to drop Jiheon off to school if she was not in a rush.

Because of that, the relationship between the three had gotten closer. Saerom learned that she and Gyuri were in the same age. And that she now knew that Jiheon’s real parents had passed away though she didn’t pry further about it.

Gyuri heard her café’s bell ringing, indicating that another customer just went in. She looked at her watch, it was almost closing time. “Good evening. How may I help—Saerom-ah?”

“Can I have coffee? Black. Please.”

“Sure. Rough day?”

“Super.”

“Go sit somewhere. I’ll bring it to you.”

“Aren’t you going to close the store? Can we just talk at home?”

“Home? Your house or?”

“Yours please. I need baby hugs.”

“I think Jiheon might have fallen asleep by the time we get there.”

“I just don’t want to be alone right now.”

“Alright. Heard you loud and clear.” Gyuri nodded. “Wait here, okay?”

“Okay, Puppy Appa.”

Saerom patiently wait for Gyuri to close her store. Then they walked home together to the latter’s apartment. The café owner checked her sleeping daughter first and paid the babysitter before settling down beside the doctor in the living room. “So what happened?” She asked.

The doctor heavily sighed. “I lost a patient today from a terrible car accident. DUI.”

“Oh…”

“This patient just got a daughter, I couldn’t save him. I tried my best but I couldn’t… I just… couldn’t…”

Gyuri circled her arm across Saerom’s shoulder, trying to comfort her. “Hey, it’s not your fault. It’s the reckless driver fault.”

“…”

“You know, Jiheon’s parents—My Oppa and her wife—passed away because of a drunk young punk. Doctors did everything they could but the inflicted wounds were too severe.” Gyuri told the doctor. “Jiheon was only six months old by that time.”

“I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay. I’m getting better. Jiheon is my savior. She healed my wounds, filled the empty spaces in my heart.”

That night Saerom made a silent promise to look after Jiheon with all her heart.

---

Gyuri paced back and forth in her kitchen while holding her phone against her ear, waiting for a certain someone to answer her call. “Hey Saerom-ah, sorry to have bothered you…”

“What is it, Gyuri-ah?”

“I really need your favor to look after Jiheon for a while because there’s been chaos in the café. Are you free?”

“You know that I have a day off.”

“But you might have appointments that you need to go?”

“Oh yeah, but it’s only lunch with my friends. I can bring her along.”

“Alright. I’m sending her up in a bit. Thank you so much.”

Several moments later, Jiheon and her Appa stood in front of the doctor’s apartment door. “Pretty Auntie!” Jiheon sheepishly smiled when she saw her Pretty Auntie.

“Pretty Jiheon!” Saerom smiled when she saw Jiheon ran inside her apartment and made herself comfortable in the living room, playing with her dog. “You want to come in, Puppy Appa?”

Gyuri looked at her watch. “I should go to the café. Thank you for willingly looking after my kid.”

“You’re welcome. And don’t worry, she will be fully fed today.”

“Okay. See you later?”

“Of course.”

---

“Saerom Unnie!” A woman tightly hugged Saerom, surprising Jiheon in progress.

“Ow yah! Human speaker! Don’t shout at my ears.” Saerom said after she was released from the hold.

The woman grinned. “Sorry.” She then noticed that a little girl was hiding behind her best friend’s leg. “Oh, who’s this pretty little girl? Your kid?”

“Yeah.” Saerom nodded.

“SERIOUSLY?”

“Yep. “ The doctor reconfirmed. “Hey Jiheon, this is Auntie Jiwon, don’t be afraid, she’s my friend. Jiwon-ah, this is Jiheon.” Saerom introduced the two, pushing Jiheon a bit forward.

Jiwon kneeled down and extended her hand to Jiheon who was welcoming a bit unsure. “Hi Jiheon-ah. Nice to meet you~” She warmly said.

“Where are the others?”

“On their way.”

“Okay then, let’s just order. I have a kid to be fed.”

Saerom’s cliques finally reunited. Every one is curious about Jiheon and the doctor did not really explained who the little girl was. But nonetheless her friends were so kind to Jiheon, the kid felt comfortable to be among them. Saerom’s phone suddenly went off, immediately stopping her from the on going conversation. “Oh, Jiheon-ah, it’s Appa.” She said to her kid of the day after she saw the name flashing on her phone screen. “Hey, Puppy Appa?” She picked up the incoming call.

“Hey Pretty Doctor, just want to check out my daughter. How is she?”

“She’s fine, she’s eating lasagna. You want to talk to her?”

“Yes, please.”

Saerom handed her phone to Jiheon and let the little girl talk to her Appa.

“Okay, I haven’t met you in three years, now you’re married and have a kid? Spill, Unnie!” Chaeyoung demanded. She had asked about this earlier but did not satisfied with Saerom’s answer.

Saerom chuckled and finally admitted her defeat. “She’s not my kid. She’s my friend’s daughter—Oh you’re done?” But she didn’t get to finish her explanation because Jiheon handed back her phone.

“Appa wants to talk to you.”

“Yes, Puppy?”

“I can pick you guys up wherever you are now.”

Saerom smiled brightly when she heard the statement. “Your café thing is done?”

“Yep.”

“I’ll share my location, okay?”

“Alright. See you Saerom-ah.”

“See you, Puppy.” The pretty doctor beamed after she hung up. “Anyway, where were we? Oh! Jiheon is my friend’s daughter and since she needs to go to her workplace, so I babysit this beautiful young lady.” Saerom explained while affectionately patting Jiheon’s head.

“Your friend—The Puppy Appa?” Hayoung asked.

“Yeah.”

“Puppy. Appa.” Jiwon reconfirmed the nickname, because it was something that friends usually don’t share.

Saerom sighed, understanding the tone. “Jiheon calls her Appa and I kinda got used to it, and she looks like the smiling puppy when she smiles.”

“Kinda got used to it?” Chaeyoung’s turn to dig.

“Stop questioning every single sentence that I said.”

“We need to know this Puppy Appa, Unnie!” Hayoung defended.

“She’s coming here to pick us up.” Saerom informed.

Jiwon aww-ed. “So sweet. She even willingly picks you up.”

“Her kid is right here, remember?”

“Still, Unnie! Oh I can’t wait to meet her!”

“Who says that you are going to meet her? You’re only going to see her.” Saerom then turned her attention at little Jiheon. “Whoa, good job Jiheon-ah!” She praised when she saw Jiheon’s plate was clear from lasagna. The doctor gently and carefully wiped Jiheon’s mouth and hands. “You want ice cream?”

Jiheon shook her head. “I want to eat ice cream with Appa.”

“Alright.”

---

From: G1
SERIOUSLY SHE’S SO PRETTY!

From: Habbang
UNNIE! YOU TWO LOOK CUTE TOGETHER OMG

From: Chaengs
IF YOU DON’T TAP THAT, I WILL UNNIE!

“Wow, your phone keeps beeping ever since we left the mall.” Gyuri commented.

“My friends are sharing pictures in the group chat.” Saerom replied. “Oh, I just remember that your daughter wants to eat ice cream with you.”

“Really, Jiheon-ah?”

“Eung!” Jiheon eagerly nodded. “Pretty Auntie can come too!”

“Awww how sweet of you, Baby Girl.”

The three spent their evening eating the said ice cream. And then Gyuri decided to walk Saerom’s home before going back to her own. “Alright. Thank you for taking care of Jiheon so well today. I’ll get back to you about it.” She said, standing in front of Saerom’s apartment with a tired Jiheon in her arms.

“Naaahh… No biggies, Puppy. You should go, she’s tired.” Saerom said, rubbing’s Jiheon’s back that was facing her.

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Sure. I’ll have my breakfast at your café.”

“Night, Saerom-ah.” The café owner smiled.

Jiheon gathered her last energy to face her babysitter for the day. “Nite, Pretty Auntie.” She smiled before yawning.

“Night Jiheonie.” Saerom kissed Jiheon’s cheek. “Night, Puppy.”

“I don’t get the kiss?”

Saerom’s cheeks blushed. “…”

“Was just teasing you.” Gyuri snickered. “Bye.”

---

Saerom’s brows creased when she saw Gyuri’s name flashed on her phone screen. “Hello?” She quickly picked up, a bit worried.

“Hey, Saerom-ah, are you busy?”

“No, not in the moment. Why, Gyuri-ah? Something happened with Jiheon?”

“Umm… Yeah, but it’s not health related. And I kinda need your help about it.”

Saerom sighed in relief. “Sure, what is it? Does she want to play with Yeoreum again? I’m off around 5 p.m. if she wants to wait.”

“No… Uhm…” Gyuri hesitated, but since it’s her kid’s wish, she just had to try. “She will have parents day in two days and she insisted that you have to come and explain to her friends about your cool job since apparently my job is not cool enough for kindergarten students.” She explained.

Saerom laughed. “Alright. But, you’re still come, right?”

“Of course. Oh, don’t forget to wear your doctor jacket and bring your stethoscope.”

---

“This is dr. Lee Saerom. Could you please greet her, class?”

“Good Morning dr. Lee Saerom!”

Saerom grinned before cutely waved at Jiheon’s classmates. “Good Morning, Class~”

“So, dr. Lee Saerom is Jiheonie’s—“

“UMMA!” Jiheon shouted.

Saerom was actually surprised when Jiheon shouted but she tried to remain calm and smiled. “Yes, I’m Jiheon’s Umma.”

Gyuri on the other hand was in total shock and confused. She didn’t know why her heart was beating so fast. Maybe because her daughter publicly admitted that she wanted the Pretty Doctor to be her Umma, or the fact that Saerom publicly admitted that she is very okay being Umma to her daughter.

Saerom did really well in explaining her job to a bunch of kids in Jiheon’s class. She even made it fun with letting the children use her stethoscope to satisfy their curiosity. All in all, Jiheon was very proud because she has a super cool and pretty doctor as her Umma, and Gyuri was very relief and thankful—for Saerom— to see her kid happy.

Jiheon did not let go Saerom, even when they were having lunch. “I want to eat with Umma!” She insisted.

“But Um…ma…” Gyuri tried to level with her daughter way of talk, but slightly awkward because Saerom was not her wife to begin with.

Saerom grinned when she heard the title. “Umma’s fine. Do you want to share with Umma, Jiheonie?” She offered her bitten sandwich.

“Yes!” Jiheon then took a bite.

Saerom then turned her glance to the awkward Puppy sitting across her. “Does Appa want to share with Umma too?”

Gyuri’s cheeks turned pink. “Ah no… Thanks.” She quickly gulped her drink and threw her glance somewhere, somewhere that was not Saerom.

“Cute.”

That small comment made Gyuri’s not only cheeks but also ears turned red.

Once again, Gyuri walked Saerom’s up to her unit, but this time with a sleeping Jiheon in her arms. The three had spent the day together. “So uhm… Thank you very much for today. You’re really great with Jiheon.”

“You’re welcome.” Saerom smiled.

“Well uhm…” Gyuri stepped forward to kiss Saerom’s cheek to express her gratitude—and to actually funnel her desire to kiss Saerom all day. “Goodnight... Umma…”

“Night… Appa…”

That night, both Gyuri and Saerom sleep with the biggest smile on their face.

---

Since that day, the three had gotten very close, even Jiheon already gotten use to call Saerom with Umma and introduced her as her Umma to everyone. Gyuri and Saerom’s relationship was on another level too, but they did not really label it yet. The three had spent most of their time together, sometimes Saerom and Gyuri took turns to sleepover.

And today, Saerom had a plan in her mind to make everything official with asking Gyuri to be her official girlfriend. So she dress prettily and ready to walk to the café where she knew by heart Gyuri and Jiheon would be.

As soon as she got there she saw a woman, very pretty, looked very familiar with Gyuri and very close with Jiheon. She didn’t know why, but she did not like that scene not even a bit. She was about to turn her heels when Jiheon called her. “Saerom Umma!”

Saerom tooh a deep breath and tried to paste her biggest smile before facing the kid. “My pretty Jiheon!”

Saerom saw Jiheon dragged the unknown woman to her direction. “This is Auntie Jisun! Appa’s girlfriend!”

Saerom clenched her jaw in reflex.

The woman did not miss the changed expression. “No no no no. Not anymore. We were done a long time ago. I didn’t know that she’s married to a really beautiful woman now. I’m sorry, Jiheon’s Umma.” Jisun quickly corrected. “I was passing by when I saw them inside the shop. So I dropped by and said hi.”

Saerom finally smiled again. She picked Jiheon’s up. “Oh… Okay. So, uhm… Coffee?” She offered, like the true café owner’s wife.

“Well, I uhh… I was about to go, my fiancé is waiting.”

“Ah… Okay…”

---

Gyuri was actually aware that Saerom a bit silent that day. “Hey… Are you okay?”

“Yeap.” Saerom shortly replied.

“Is it about Jisun?”

“Uhm…”

“It is.” Gyuri smiled. “Were you jealous?”

“A bit. But I’m okay now.”

“You sure you’re not jealous now?”

“I’m sure, Puppy Appa.”

“You know, when Jisun stepped inside the store Jiheon was lit up like the fireworks…”

Saerom frowned, she didn’t like where that was going.

“And Jiheon couldn’t stop talking about her Pretty Umma to Jisun. And that she wanted to introduce this Pretty Umma of her to Jisun.”

The Pretty Doctor was actually like where that was going. Her frown turned into pretty smile as she heard the next sentences.

“You don’t know how happy and proud I was about that. And that I want to do what Jiheon has been doing too to every single person I met. That I want to introduce you as Jiheon’s Pretty Umma… as My Pretty Wife, My Pretty Doctor…”

Saerom silenced Gyuri with a kiss, a very passionate one.

“Can I take that as a yes?” The Puppy Appa asked once they were apart.

“A hundred percent yes.”