Realize

Gyuri-Saerom

“Thank you, I hope you guys enjoy our new song ‘WE GO’ and watch our performances.” Saerom closed the interview with bright smile. The other seven members close it with more loud noises, especially Jiwon.

 

“You should really control your stares when she talks during interview.”

 

Gyuri almost slammed her phone when she heard the comment. “SH-What?” The girl was rewatching their interview with a station TV in the previous day.

 

“Your stares, Unnie.” Chaeyoung sat down beside Gyuri and the TV.

 

The older girl acted dumb. “What are you talking about?”

 

The younger girl sighed and took a seat beside her Unnie. “Oh come on. We, the kids know that you’re still into her. Now that you ‘divorced’ with Jisun Unnie, I think you could lessen the awkwardness.”

 

Gyuri rolled her eyes. “You’re fantasizing.” She then opened the food delivery menu. “Imma buy something to eat. You want some, Gweng?”

 

Chaeyoung looked at Gyuri with much of a judgemental stare. “I want you to sunk in the idea of get closer to her again.”

 

“We’re close!”

 

“You both were. Now you two are so awkward I can’t stand it.” Chaeyoung cooly commented.

---

 

Gyuri awakened because of the commotion outside her bedroom. “Jiheon-ah…” She called out her roomate.

 

“Yes, Unnie?” Jiheon was catching up with her homework from the break.

 

“What’s going on outside?” Gyuri asked while stretched her body, still not wanting to get up.

 

“Probably Saerom or Jisun Unnie preparing breakfast.”

 

Right after Jiheon finished her sentence, their bedroom door was opened and a soft voice greeted. “Jiheon-ah, is it your egg in the fridge?”

 

Gyuri was frozen on her bed when she heard the voice.

 

“Oh… It’s Gyuri Unnie’s, Saerom Unnie.” Jiheon answered.

 

“Oh…” It took Saerom a second before asking Gyuri. “Can I use it, Gyuri-yah?”

 

“Sure.” She tried to sound cool.

 

“Thanks.” Saerom went out and closed the door.

 

“What’s wrong with the atmosphere…” Jiheon commented. “Why are you two so awkward to each other, Unnie?”

 

Gyuri sighed. “I don’t know.”

 

Jiheon hummed. “Is it possible that she still likes you?”

 

Gyuri loudly exhaled. “I don’t know, Jiheon-ah.”

 

“Do you want me to ask her?”

 

“No, please don’t.” The older girl pulled the blanket to cover her face.

 

---

 

“Okay. We have discussed it before the promotion cycle that we are going to shoot another Channel 9 Season for this album. The shooting will start in 2 days. So expect camera crew in the dorm today girls.” The manager announced. “Should we go through the rundown again?”

 

“Yes please.” Saerom answered on behalf of the member. They were having a meeting with their company to prepare their upcoming comeback.

 

“Part one. We will shoot your dorm activity for a day and have interview in roommate groups afterwards. Then part two, we will have a trip. Part three, healing camp, in this part we will divide you into couples, since 1 member will have no couple, so Captain Saerom would have two couples to shoot with. Clear?”

 

“Do we get to choose the couples?” Jiwon asked.

 

“We have chosen them for you.”

 

The answer made commotion within the members except the oldest line. Gyuri silently wished that she would not be the Captain’s couple.

 

---

 

Gyuri was walking inside the dining room when she found Saerom was there. “O…” She was about to turn her heels when the other greeted.

 

“Morning.”

 

“Hey. I’ll uhh…”

 

“It’s okay, sit here. I’m finishing my video and leave for the gym.”

 

“Alright.” Gyuri took the seat opposite from Saerom. She too, arranged her phone so she could watch her favorite reality show while eating her breakfast. She couldn’t help but to steal glances at Saerom every now and then.

 

It was until Jiwon arrived there too. “Oh… Unnieeeee.”

 

The two looked at Jiwon. “What is it Megan-ah?”

 

“Saerom Unnie made you breakfast??!!” She whined at Gyuri.

 

“What?! No. I made this by myself.” Gyuri defended.

 

“True. I had cereal.” Saerom showed her empty bowl.

 

“Oh okay.” Jiwon left the scene.

 

The two looked at each other. “What a weird kid.” Gyuri commented before earning a good laugh from Saerom.

 

“I’ll go first. Byeee.”

 

“Careful on your way, Saeromie.”

 

Saerom smiled when she heard that nickname.

 

---

 

“That’s a wrap. Thank you guys. Don’t forget to pack for 2 days 1 night trip for tomorrow. We will depart in exact 10 AM, okay?”

 

“Yes, Manager Unnie.”

 

“Right. Goodnight. Have a good rest.”

 

“Alright. Packing packing and rest guys.” Saerom lead.

 

Gyuri was about to turn into her room when she heard. “Saerom Unnie.”

 

“Wae Hanyang?”

 

“What about tomorrow’s car? We didn’t asked Manager Unnie.”

 

“I’ll go with the loud kids, you go with the rest.”

 

Hayoung chuckled. “Loud kids as in Jiwon, Chaeng, who else?”

 

Nakyung heard and jumped in. “Me me me! I want in the car with Chaeng!”

Saerom then added. “Well, Syeon must be with me. Then you take the rest.”

 

“So, Gyul, Jisunie, Maknae, and me.”

 

Gyuri went inside the bedroom. She actually sometimes jealous with Hayoung’s position as co-captain because she got the excuse to talk to Saerom about anything. But then she remembered that she at being a leader so she let it go.

 

The next morning Gyuri woke up earlier than usual. She quietly walked out her bedroom and found Saerom busy made something in the kitchen.

 

Saerom turned around when she heard the familiar steps. “Did I wake you?”

 

Gyuri shook her head. “Do you need some help?”

 

“Can you make coffee for the kids?”

 

Gyuri chuckled when she heard the sentence.

 

“Wae?”

 

“Kids and coffee do not match in one sentence.”

 

Saerom thought about it for a second, laughed, before went back to her task. “True.”

 

After finishing her job, Gyuri said to Saerom, “I’ll go wake them up.”

 

“Jisunie is awake, she’s taking care the upstairs.” Saerom informed so Gyuri did not need to go upstairs.

 

“Okay.” Gyuri went to do what she had planned. She went to the loud kids room and surprised to see all of them are awake. “Sh--You scared me!”

 

“We know what you just did.” Jiwon teased in a sing-sang note.

 

“Shut up and take a shower. Chop chop.”

 

Gyuri tried to minimize every single communication to Saerom during the filming. Except for the part of when they were playing the Whisper Challenge. The keywords questioned were ‘Injeolmi’ and ‘Goguma’ she had no idea then gave out the clue that those two were Saerom’s favorite food.

 

---

 

Saerom was surprised to find Gyuri at the balcony after the filming, having a cup of warm tea. “Oh, you’re not resting?”

 

“Jiheon still working on her homework, I don’t want to disturb.” Gyuri answered.

 

“You’re roomming with Jiheon again?”

 

“And Seoyeon. But she’s sleeping on the hammock.”

 

“She--”

 

“I know, I’ll move her later.”

 

Saerom smiled knowing that they still have this unexplainable connection. She sipped her tea and remembered the game that afternoon. “You remembered.”

 

“Uh?” Gyuri looked at Saerom.

 

“My soul food.”

 

“Oh…” Gyuri silently sipped her warm tea too.

 

“Saerom-ah.” - “Gyuri-yah.” They both said at the same time. Gyuri chuckled. “You go first.”

 

“I uhh… I’m sorry.”

 

“For…?”

 

“Us. I mean. I don’t know why we are drifted apart. I really want to go back to our old days you know. I mean I realized that you’re my best partner to discuss, to take care of the kids, to lean on.”

 

“Does that mean that…”

 

“Yes. I am very much still in love with you.”

 

Gyuri was actually elated when she heard the statement.

 

“You’re no longer feel the same way, aren’t you?” Saerom dared to ask when she heard no reply from the tall girl.

 

“I never stop.” Gyuri paused. “I never stop, Saerom-ah. No matter how hard I tried. You’re still the one that I love. The one that I want.” She stated.

 

“But…” Saerom sighed. “You know the kids… We can’t-”

 

“The kids know.”

 

“What?” Saerom was surprised.

 

“They know about us. They may not talk about it to you because it may stress you out. But they talk it out to me.”

“And they’re okay with us?”

 

Gyuri nodded. “Surprisingly yeah.”

 

“Even Jisun?”

 

That made Gyuri chuckled. “How many times should I tell you that Jisun and I were just roommate. She even moved upstairs for the sake to avoid your jealousy.”

 

Saerom felt relieved. “Let’s fool them.”

 

“Does that mean that…”

 

Saerom walked closer to her puppy and kissed her. “Yes, we’re back.”

 

---

 

It came to the last day of shooting where the girls were having the healing camp. Basically talked about everything in couple setting. Gyuri and Saerom still did not know that they were destined to be a couple in this healing camp until the shooting began.

 

“Tararararaaaa.” Saerom walked inside the frame while Gyuri was already situationed inside the tent set up in their dorm’s living room.

 

“Is it you?” Gyuri asked in disbelieve.

 

Saerom nodded. “Destiny~” Saerom sang.

 

“It’s going to be a boring broadcast.” Gyuri commented.

 

“Let’s hope we didn’t cut out.” Saerom laughed.

 

“What do we do exactly?” The taller girl asked.

 

“I don’t--Oh! Mission card! Like the one in ‘We Got Married’ Program.” Saerom said after she saw a card being given to Gyuri by the producers.

 

“Present the food you have prepared to your partner.” Gyuri read. She then looked at the camera before looking at Saerom. “I was not told to prepare food.”

 

“Don’t worry. I got you.” Saerom put two plastic bowls of salad in front of them. “Ta-Da.”

 

The members were starting to gather to watch the two.

 

 

“Ew, greens.” Gyuri commented and earned a loud laugh from Jiwon.

 

“About time to make you eat more veggie, Gyuri-yah.” Saerom prep the meals fro Gyuri and while they were enjoying the meal another mission card arrived. Saerom was the one to read. “Question round begin.”

 

Gyuri took out a piece of paper where she had been asked by the staff to write several questions for each members. “I really wrote serious question for you. I wrote fun question for the kids but not you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know why.” Gyuri opened the folded paper and began to read. “If you’re about to give your position as a captain to other member for a week, who would it be?”

 

“Okay, that’s a super serious question. Other member as captain. Hmm…” Saerom screened her members one by one. “I think… Hayoung or Megan.”

 

“Hayoung is obvious because she’s the co-captain. But Jiwonie?”

 

“She’s good at leadership and she’s pretty realistic.”

 

“Oooo Unnieee!” Jiwon squaled when she was praised.

 

“Okay next question.” Gyuri cut her off. “Is there still any hardships as captain that you want to share?”

 

“Hardships…” Saerom thought for a second. “It’s getting easier. I mean compared to debut era. Now, since we continuously talked it out together, so I think it gets easier for me to lead.”

 

Gyuri nodded. “That sometimes I feel sorry for you. I mean I’m included in oldest line but I never contributed you know. Hanyang and you did such an amazing job leading the kids, but I didn’t get to help but I know it’s a tough work.” She sincerely said.

 

Saerom smiled and wanted to kiss Gyuri right then and there but she know she couldn’t do that.

 

“Okay last question.” Gyuri smiled. “I don’t think we can air this though.” She looked at the producers. “And it’s for the kids.”

 

“For us?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“What is it Unnie?”

 

“Do you guys agree to have new married couple in the dorm?”

 

Of course Jiwon gasped the loudest. “SERIOUSLY?!”

 

Saerom grinned and showed her ringed finger.

 

The kids immediately hugged the couple and they live happily ever after.


hello gais!