Like Umma

Gyuri-Saerom

Like Umma

“You’re on Seoyeon duty, Appa.”

Gyuri stopped drying her hair and looked at her wife. “Why???”

“Because I’m on breakfast duty, so you’re on Seoyeon duty.”

“But my Seoyeon duty is yesterday!”

Saerom looked at her wife disapprovingly. “Did you seriously just protest about taking care of our daughter?”

“Realized it as soon as I said it. Sorry.” Gyuri kissed her wife. “I’ll go wake her up.”

“Wait…” Saerom kissed her wife once more to show her gratitude before heading downstairs to make the said breakfast.

Gyuri walked to her daughter’s room and found her dearest little princess still deep in her sleep. “Seoyeon-ah…” She her daughter’s head. “Wakey-wakey. You need to go to school.”

Little Seoyeon did not budge even a bit.

“Seoyeon-ah…” Gyuri the head once again. “Jang Seoyeon…” She smooched her kid.

“Eung?” Seoyeon peeked from her blanket. “Appa?”

“Yep, it’s me. Come on wake up.”

The Jangs’ three year old quickly latched on her Appa’s body once she was out of her blanket, searching for more warmth and more nappy time. Seoyeon hid her face on the crook of her Appa’s neck.

“Aigoo…” Gyuri grunted once she stood up with her daughter in her arms. “Breakfast or shower first?”

“B%&)#fast.”

“What’s that?”

“Breakfast, Appa…”

Saerom heard her wife’s footsteps coming closer to her and knew well that her daughter would prefer to have breakfast first before shower, like her. So she just went on finishing her task on hand.

“She wants breakfast, Seoyeon’s Umma.” Gyuri informed.

“I know.” Saerom smiled, serving plates of omelette. She then kissed her daughter’s head and tried to move the hair aside so she could see Seoyeon’s face. “Good morning, Sweetie. Can you please sit on your chair and eat your breakfast so Appa can eat too?”

Seoyeon nodded and quietly pointed her high chair so that her Appa could put her there.

Gyuri handed a small fork to her daughter and patted her princess’ head before letting herself to have her own breakfast.

---

As breakfast went on smoothly without disturbance, Gyuri continued with bathing and dressing up her daughter. The two were now in the bathroom, Seoyeon had demanded that she wanted to bathe with duckies. So there she was, sitting in her bathtub with her squeaky little duckies.

“Appa!”

“Yes, baby?”

“I want to use that.” Seoyeon pointed at her mother’s body wash.

“But that’s Umma’s.”

“I want to be like Umma… pleaseee…”

Gyuri smiled as she heard how cute her daughter was. “Okay.” She took Saerom’s body wash bottle and squeezed out the content a bit. Then she lathered the soap to her daughter’s body. “Now you smell like Umma.”

---

The ‘Appa’ tidied up the small uniform on her daughter’s body for the last time before saying, “Alright, done!”

As soon as Gyuri said that, Seoyeon quickly ran to her mother’s room. “Perfume! Perfume! Perfume! Perfume! Umma’s Perfume!” She looked at her mother while jumping ups and downs.

Saerom was putting on make up when her daughter burst into her room. “My perfume?” She looked at her little princess.

Seoyeon nodded. “Here… please…” She cutely pointed at her uniform.

Saerom giggled but she granted her daughter’s wish anyway.

“Now you really smell like Umma, Seoyeonie.”

“What do you mean by that?” She looked at the taller woman through the mirror.

“She used your body wash.” Gyuri replied while peppering kisses to her daughter’s cheek.

“I want to be like Umma!” Little Seoyeon ran from her Appa and hugged her Umma tightly.

“Of course you can be like me!” Saerom returned the hug and planted kisses on her daughter’s face. “Now let me finish my make up?”

“I’ll go get ready then.”

---

“Always listen to Umma, and don’t be naughty, okay?”

“Yes, Appa!” Seoyeon saluted her Appa.

“Excellent my little soldier.” Gyuri ruffled her daughter’s hair before standing up. “I have to go back—Whoa you’re so pretty.” The puppy-eyed woman got distracted by her wife’s make up. “I have to go back to the base. I’ll pick you guys up later.” She said to her wife.

“Alright.” Saerom kissed Gyuri. “Drive safe.”

“Yes, Seoyeon’s Umma.” The taller woman saluted her wife and took a good minute looking at her pretty wife.

“Stop checking me out!”

“I can’t help it.” Gyuri grinned. “See you later, Seoyeonie!”

Saerom kneeled down. “Now Imos and Samchons have to take Umma’s pictures for a bit. Seoyeonie, sit there, okay?”

“I want to take pictures too! And make up!”

The studio laughed when they heard what little Seoyeon wanted.

“Saerom-ssi, you can pose with your daughter if you want.” One of the production crews said.

“Really?”

“Of course.”

---

Seoyeon ran to her Appa once she caught the sight of her. “Appa! Appa! Appa!”

“Seoyeon-ah!” Gyuri kneeled down to welcome her little princess in her arms.

“I’m a model like Umma!” She bragged.

“Huh?”

“My pictures!” The so-called little model opened her BMO backpack and gave her parent the photos taken by her Umma’s modeling crew today.

“Whoaaa, you look like Umma, Seoyeonie.”

“Pretty?”

“Of course.” Gyuri walked to her wife. “You did the photoshoot with her?”

“Yeah. Do we look good?”

“Very.”

The three spent their quality time with dinner before going home. “Seoyeon is knocked out.” Saerom said, tucking her sleeping daughter to her car seat.

“School plus modeling? She had no chance.” Gyuri snickered. “She idolizes you a lot. Like a lot. I’m nothing in her eyes.”

“Nothing?”

“Yeah. She always says like ‘I want this like Umma. That like Umma.’ Never ‘I want this like Appa.”

“She always told me that she likes your uniform though, and that she wanted to be a colonel like you and Grandpa.”

Gyuri smiled to know the little fact. “Really?”

“Yes. Really. Don’t feel jealous anymore because she’s not only wanted to be like me, but she wanted to be like you as well.”

“She’s definitely our kid.”