Chapter 12 - Pregnancy Pt. 1

The Jung Trap

The young couple's relationship is going well, Jae joong is still doing his regular two part time jobs, he also added another two but its on call. Yunho tried to convince his lover to quit the other jobs he have, and stay with Seo Jang Hoon's cafe, but the other declined. Jae joong needs to have this jobs to pay for his tuition fees, and needs to save more for the upcoming thesis subject which will require  a large amount of money. Yunho offered to pay for Jae joong's tuition fee, but it was declined. Of course Jae joong felt sorry for declining, but he cannot obliged Yunho to pay for the tuition fees he had to pay. He just need one more semester and he is finally done. Despite Jae joong's busy schedule they have time for each other, Yunho spends a lot of time at Jae joong's apartment having dinner and doing their assignments even though they have different majors. One night they have done something that shouldn't be done. Yunho's libido is on rise and he is craving for Jae joong, he knows that he shouldn't be doing this, but it still happen. Jae joong didn't refuse despite knowing he is a carrier (AN: A man could be pregnant). He has confidence on Yunho that he will not leave him or abandon him if ever something "unexpected" happened. After three months of that event, Jae joong felt the symptoms of a pregnant person, he decided to use a pregnancy test. The test came out positive, he is pregnant with Jung Yunho's child. That night he plan to inform Yunho about the news over dinner.

"Yunho, there's something I need to tell you." said Jae joong.

"What is it Jae?" continuing his dinner said Yunho.

Jae joong continued, "Remember what we did last time?" Yunho nod in agreement.

"I had a test earlier and the test came out positive." said Jae joong, tears starts to appear in the rim of his eyes, and in just one blink all of it will fall. Yunho stopped eating after hearing what Jae joong have said and look at his partner. He saw the tears that was about to fall down, Yunho stood up and hug Jae joong and asked, "Do you regret it?"

"No!" Jae joong said while crying, "its just I became afraid, a lot of what ifs came to my mind. What if you don't like it? What if you suddenly don't love me because I became pregnant? And a lot more! Hnnnnggg"

"Thank you Jae. Thank you and I love you so much." said Yunho hugging the other man and continue saying, "I can't believe we are gonna be parents! Come on stop crying, aren't you happy?" removing the tears in his lover's eyes. But Jae joong cried even more, and he thought that it might be his hormones working, but he is happy. Happy that Yunho is excited as he imagined after he took the test. Yunho told him that they would go to the obstetrician to know how far is he with the pregnancy, although they had an idea how far along he is.

The next day they went to the doctor to know how far along is Jae joong with the pregnancy. Yunho is nervous than yesterday, Jae joong on the other hand was relax.

 


After the first check up the two went to a restaurant to eat lunch. "Jae, I know you'll be against with my idea, but can you quit the jobs that you have? I'm worried for you and the baby." said Yunho.

"hmm, okay." Jae joong replied while cutting the steak.

Yunho didn't get it and confirmed Jae joong's answer, "Okay? Okay what?"

"I will quit those jobs, hmmm.. I take it back. I won't quit all of my jobs. Can I keep my job at Jang Hoon Hyung? He has helped me through a lot and that placed is one of the longest I worked with, it felt home." said Jae joong.

Yunho would still like Jae joong to quit, but Jang Hoon really helped Jae joong a lot so he agreed.

"Jae, there's one more." said Yunho, while cutting the meat and giving it to Jae joong. Jae joong on the other hand is now munching on the mashed potato. "After my parents return from their vacation abroad I would like you to meet them." said Yunho.

The enjoyment Jae joong had for the mashed potato stopped and a worried look appeared on his face, then he starts to over think and replied to Yunho.

"Yunnie, what if they don't like me? What if they told us to get rid of the baby? I don't want to, I love this baby." touching his belly.

"Jae…" Yunho said but was interrupted.

Jae joong continue rambling, "What if they prefer other guy or girl over me? What if…"

"Jae, Jae joong. Love, listen to me. What are you talking about?" Yunho laughs because of Jae joong's words, but quickly holds Jae joong's hands and continue, "They would love you as much as I love you. You'll be the first person I'll introduce to them, despite having those fling relationships. And if ever they don't like you, I would be with you and choose you. Don't stress yourself too much, you worry wart! Remember it's not just about you anymore, there's a life inside you we created. Now, would you like a dessert?" Jae joong is really touched with what Yunho said and he returned from enjoying the mashed potato he left earlier.

 


A small baby bump is forming on Jae joong's midsection indicating that there is a life inside of him. He loves looking at himself in the mirror, checking and talking to his kid. Yunho comes everyday to spend time with him, the other offered Jae joong to stay with him at the residence, but Jae joong declined wishing that they should talk first with Yunho's parents then they can make arrangements of him living there.

The two went to another scheduled checkup and they are always excited whenever there's an appointment with the doctor as this is one of the their ways to communicate with the baby, especially to Yunho. Jae joong lay on the table and doctor took the tape measure to check for its size and after doing that a gel was put at Jae joong's stomach.

"I knew it!" the doctor exclaimed.

Worry was the first thing that came to Jae joong's mind, but Yunho is the first one to react holding Jae joong's hand firmly.

"What is it doctor? Did you find anything strange?" asked Yunho.

"I knew it, that it is more than one baby."

The two are surprised, but listening to what the doctor has to say.

"Well you see here…" pointing to a picture, "is an embryo who only a one human being inside, but with Jae joong-ssi's its this…" now point to the three dots on the screen.

"So we're having three?" asked Jae joong, confirming the three dots on the screen.

"Yes Jae joong-ssi, so please be very extra careful. Triplets are hard to handle and take care of, it will take toll on your body. Please be prepared mentally and emotionally. Well, even though it's just one you need to be careful but we are talking here three lives. Stress is not for you, I heard you have four jobs." said the Doctor.

"Ah yes, but the other two are on call, the other two are on the food service.." answered Jae joong.

"I'm not telling you to stop, but if it's making you stressed you better quit it or asked your boss to assign you at the cash register." instruct the Doctor.

 


The check up went well, and the two cannot believe that they would have three children instantly. They decided to buy food and eat at a park where they took their forever memories concept.

"Remember the first time we went here?" asked Yunho arranging the food they bought, tteokbokki, odeng, fried milk for Jae joong, he is starting to have cravings.

"Yeah, it was a pleasant memory and now we're going to create new memory with our kids. I really looked forward for them to play in one of thise swings and slides." smiled Jae joong.

"Thank you, Jae." Yunho smiled back.

Yunho's phone rang it was her mother, he look at Jae joong in the entire conversation, "Eomma, you're back in Korea? Yes, I'm good…" Yunho took Jae joong's hand and hold it, "Well.. There's something I want to tell you. When can I meet you and Appa? Okay, see you then."

Yunho told Jae joong about the details of their conversation, "I'm going to meet my parents on Friday, is it alright for you to meet them? I'm planning to introduce you and tell them about our situation. Especially, now that I knew that we are expecting three children."

"Yes, I am excited to meet them and I hope they would like me." said Jae joong.

"I have the confidence on my parents that they would surely like you. They are always supportive." rubbing the sauce off on Jae joong's lips and kissing them after wiping off the sauce. "Taste like Tteokbokki." and the two laugh together.

 


Friday came and Jae joong prepares for the big day for him and his babies, he felt uncomfortable all day and Yunho's not there to comfort him as he had morning classes. Because of the anxiety he feels right now he had a heartburn and it pained him. He was thinking of canceling the meeting, but he cannot demand to Yunho's parents for another time 'coz he knows that they are busy individuals. He decided to talk and feel his babies in his stomach, "My babies, eomma is really nervous right now and not feeling good. Help me to get better." even though Jae joong didn't feel any movement, touching his stomach makes his nervousness disappear a little bit he lied down in the bed and decided to call Heechul.

After a few rings Heechul answered the phone, "Wassup Jae?"

"Hi Chullie, today's the day! I would meet Yunho's parents." said Jae joong.

"So are you nervous? That's why you called?" asked Heechul.

"Yes, and I'm not feeling well." told Jae joong.

"Then cancel the meeting, I bet they would understand knowing the situation you're in." said Heechul.

"But Yunho's parents still don't know that I'm carrying their grandchildren. That's why I'm resting now and talking to you." said Jae joong.

"Hmmm.. Well, it is hard to make a decision. Just meet them and hold Yunho's hand to give him a signal that you don't feel well. I'm sure they would understand if Yunho is the one who will tell them." advised Heechul.

"Well okay, I'll try to do that. Thank you for the advice! Oh I heard the door opened it's probably Yunho. See you at the cafe Heechul." said Jae joong.

Yunho entered the house and was happy to see Jae joong, but scrunched his face when he saw that he was lying in bed. He walked where Jae joong is and sat on the edge of the bed, "Jae, what happened? Are you okay?"

"No, I think I'm not." answered Jae joong.

"Then just rest, I'll just call Eomma that I'll not be home today." said Yunho.

"Oh no, don't do that. I'm just nervous that's why I'm not feeling well. I'm sure I'll be like this even if we change the schedule and I know they are busy so this schedule is for us." said Jae joong, trying to sit up.

Yunho helps Jae joong to sit and ask, "Are you sure about that? I don't want you to strain yourself and the kids just because we are scheduled to meet them."

"Yes, I'm sure. I will tell you immediately if I'm not feeling okay." said Jae joong giving Yunho a reassuring smile. 

 


The two left the house and head to Yunho's home were the Jung Couple, Yunho's parents are waiting. Throughout the travel Jae joong is asleep, his way of getting rid of heartburn and nervousness. After an hour or so, they arrived at the Jung's mansion.

They were greeted by helper of the house and led them where Yunho's parents were. Yunho is surprised that there's another individual who is in the house, it's Lee Taemin, heir of the Shinee Supermarket the leading name for grocery stores in Korea. His childhood friend.

"Eomma, we're here." announced Yunho.

Yunho's mother smiled after seeing his son, then changed her expression to a confused one after seeing Jae joong, she also notice the small bump in Jae joong's midsection. She composed herself then stood up to greet his son.

"Yunho, my dear. I miss you so much!" said Yunho's mother hugging him.

"I miss you too, Eomma. Appa." said Yunho.

Jae joong's presence is ignored by Yunho's mother, but Jae joong just slide it off since the attention will of course on their son. Yunho was about to speak when he was cut off by his mother, "Yunho, I invited Taemin today since you told us that you were coming. I called him here to talk about your engagement." pointing to Taemin.

Both Yunho and Jae joong are surprised with Yunho's mother have said. It's now Yunho's turn to speak and introduce Jae joong, "Eomma, the reason I'm here because of this." he showed Jae joong by pulling the other forward beside him. "He is Kim Jae joong the one that I want to marry. And as you can see he is a carrier and now pregnant with my children."

Yunho's parents was surprised with what they saw and heard from Yunho. "The two of you, sit." said Yunho's mother trying to control her emotions.

Yunho and Jae joong followed the instruction and sat in the sofa, Yunho holding Jae joong's hand firmly reassuring him that everything will gonna be okay.

Feeling betrayed, Yunho's mother was the first one to react and speak. "What is this all about Jung Yunho? You're still in University, we're just gone for almost a year and this is what you do? Getting someone pregnant?"

Yunho's head was bowed down the entire time his mother rant.

"How long have you been in a relationship? Asked Yunho's father.

"Around 9 months." answered Yunho.

"And in 9 months, you made him pregnant?" asked Yunho's father.

Yunho didn't answer and just bowed his head once again.

It is now Jae joong's turn to be asked by Yunho's father, "And you Kim Jae joong-ssi, what did your parents say when you got pregnant? Do they know about this?"

"My parents died last year, Mr. Jung." answered Jae joong.

"What do you do as a job? How do you make a living?" asked Yunho's mother.

"Before my parents died we owned two restaurant, they tried to open another one in Guam but the plane crashed and both of them died. I have two jobs to sustain my daily expenses and tuition fees in the university." answered Jae joong.

"So you open your legs to my son and make yourself pregnant knowing that he is rich and you're having a hard time to survive? Am I right?" mocked Yunho's mother.

Jae joong felt hurt by Mrs. Jung's remark, all of his fears are coming true. They don't like him, how would anyone would like a person like him, an orphan with nothing to offer.

Yunho in to speak for Jae joong, "Eomma, that's enough! Why are you mocking him? It's not his fault why he is alone, and please don't accused him of opening his legs to me, because I'm the one who made him pregnant! I initiated it, because I want it!"

"Shut up Yunho. You know a long time ago that we have a partnership with Lee's and this is what you did? WHAT FACE WILL I SHOW TO HIS FAMILY?! TELL ME!" told his dad.

"Appa, I have nothing against Taemin and I thought that the engagement is just a joke and what I feel for him is just friendship nothing more, nothing less. The one I love is Jae joong, and I want to marry the person I love, and right now he is carrying my child. You're grandchildren!" said Yunho.

Taemin is hurt with what Yunho have said, he has feelings for the other guy ever since high school as they were always teased by their parents, but sadly that is was not returned. He just sat there listening to the Jungs and he's sure that he isn't not needed here anymore.

"If you excuse me, Auntie and Uncle, I will now take my leave as this is not my issue anymore, but your family. I will tell my father that the engagement will not proceed as Yunho will be getting married." keeping himself look good then he continued, "If you are worried about the partnership, don't worry I'll tell my father to still proceed with the original plan. I will now take my leave.

"Taemin, I am ashamed of the actions of my son. Please tell your mother I will drop by to see her." said Mrs. Jung.

Taemin walked towards Yunho and kissed the other's cheek and said, "Goodbye Yunho, may you live happily with Jae joong-ssi and have a healthy child. Invite me to your wedding." He look at Jae joong after telling those words to Yunho. Taemin decided to also congratulate Jae joong and gave him a kiss on the cheek as well and said, "Congratulations Jae joong-ssi.", but after saying those words he whispered mean words to Jae joong, "For taking what should be mine, may you and your children suffer. How about you die or that child inside you?" then Taemin took his leave.

Jae joong felt his heart was ripped into pieces when Taemin whispered those words to him. Why would he cursed his children when they have nothing to do with trouble they have? He was trying to hold his tears, but he can't hold it anymore Taemin's words and the cold acceptance of Yunho's parents he started to hyperventilate. Yunho noticed Jae joong is beginning to hyperventilate hearing gasp of air from the other.

"Jae?" asked Yunho.

no response was heard from Jae joong, but gasp and faint words, "ca-n't-b-re-a-the" as Jae joong gasp for more air. Jae joong's eyes starts to water and fall as Taemin's word kept playing on his mind.

"Jae! Oh my god! Jae joong!!" Yunho starts to panic, he got no response from Jae joong this time, all Yunho could only hear is big gasp of air.

Instead of concern Mrs. Jung just sit there and got more irritated with Jae joong's "act", she thinks that Jae joong is just doing this to get sympathy from Yunho and now his husband, as Mr. Jung who stood up to help them.

"Get me a paper bag! Jae joong breathe!" Yunho is still in panic, and Jae joong is still gasping for air, while waiting for the paper bag Yunho put both his hands to Jae joong's mouth this is the only way he could think of while waiting for the paper bag instructing Jae joong to breathe in and out.  "Jae, I'm here just breathe in, breathe out. Follow me… Breathe in… Breathe out…" the other followed Yunho's instruction focusing himself to breathe. Mr. Jung quickly went to the kitchen to get a paper bag and gave it to Yunho, removing Yunho's arm he placed the paper bag to Jae joong's mouth and instruct him once again. After a few more breathes, Jae joong could breathe without gasping for air and he cried and clung himself to Yunho.

"Yunho, go to the hospital to check for the child. We are not done talking about this matter. I want to see you again to discuss what will happen to the two of you, but I am so disappointed with you son. I really am." said Mr. Jung. Mrs. Jung was about to talk when he was stopped by his husband telling her to talk about it the other time. The Jung couple left the reception room to leave Yunho and Jae joong, since their discussion with them is over. Yunho didn't say anything after his parents left them. Yunho helped Jae joong stand up, but Jae joong's leg gave out so Yunho lift him up bridal style and said, "I'm sorry Jae, let's get you to the doctor first." and the two left the mansion heading to the hospital.

 


They went to the hospital and Jae joong was given an oxygen mask to help him stabilize his breathing, they transferred him to a room and the doctor administered a drug to let him fall asleep. The babies are fine when the doctor run an ultrasound. While Jae joong is resting in the room Yunho was called in the doctor's office.

"Yunho, what happened to Jae joong-ssi?" asked the doctor Lee Soo Man, one of the Jung's family doctor.

"We went to the main residence to formally introduce him to my parents, and the result is not what I expect it to be. Jae joong probably got stressed and then he starts to have a hard time breathing. This is all my fault, he told me that he is not feeling well and yet we still pushed through." told Yunho. The doctor only nod to what Yunho said, assessing the situation.

"Jae joong-ssi went to a shock probably because of what happened at the main residence, his stomach went stiff as well. If you didn't perform the first aid the fetuses will be in a bad situation now, and there's a great chance that you will lose them. All three of them. Please avoid things that will make Jae joong-ssi stressed, you have just finished the first trimester." said the doctor. Yunho nod and said, "Yes doctor, thank you very much." Yunho left the office and returned to the room where Jae joong is, took a seat and contemplate about the event earlier.

Yunho is so disappointed with the actions of his parents. He can't believed that they said something bad about Jae joong, especially his mother. All throughout his life they have been supportive in everything he does that's why he is so disappointed that they cannot support him with his decision this time. The decision he was so happy about. He woke up from his thoughts when Jae joong opened his eyes.

"Yun-ho…" softly muttered Jae joong, still feeling weak. 

"Jae joong, are you feeling okay? Don't talk if you're having a hard time breathing and talking." said Yunho, holding Jae joong's hand.

"Ba-bies o-kay?" asked Jae joong.

"Yes, the babies are okay. I speaked to the doctor earlier and confirm that they are okay." answered Yunho.

"So-rry, n-ot go-od fo-r y-ou, pa-ren-ts dis-ap-poin-ted." (Sorry, I'm not good for you, your parents got disappointed.) Jae joong sniffs and starts to cry, he was so disappointed with himself.

"What are you talking about? It's not your fault, I'm sorry for the actions made by my parents. You are not the one whose wrong so don't apologize. Just be strong for the babies, we could lose them and you don't want to happen that right?" said Yunho.

Jae joong nod in agreement.

"Sleep more the doctor said that you should at least stay the night here to fully recover. I'll inform Seo Jang Hoon Hyung about the incident." said Yunho tucked Jae joong, and the beautiful man quickly dose off to sleep. Yunho blocked the number of his parents as he was so angry with what they have done to Jae joong. Jae joong and his kids are now his priority, he love his parents but if they cannot love the person he love then might as well not be connected with them.

 


After a week Mrs. Jung decided to meet Taemin. "Taemin-ah, I'm really sorry about what happened last week. I am shocked as well. I cannot believe that Yunho will introduce that Kim Jae joong to us." said Mrs. Jung.

"Its okay Auntie, I'm sure that you really don't have any idea about it. I'm so sad that my dreams to become Yunho's wife and be your son in law will not happen anymore." said Taemin while faking a sniff and then he continued, "I told my parents about it, and they are so disappointed, their dreams of becoming a family with you will probably not happen. But they said that you don't need to worry as the partnership will go on as planned."

"Omo… Do- don't cry Taemin-ah! My heart felt it is ripped into pieces when you said that of course I want you to be my son-in-law." comforting Taemin.

Taemin continued to say things that would trigger Mrs. Jung to hate Jae joong more.

"But Auntie, I'm disappointed with Yunho why did he chose that kind of person to be his partner. I didn't know that his standard for a lifetime partner is just that low. I thought he had class like his parents."

Hearing those words made Mrs. Jung's blood boil for Jae joong. "Don't worry I'll make it up to you and make your dreams come true. I'll make a way for Yunho and that Kim Jae joong to separate." said Mrs. Jung, reassuring Taemin hugging him.

Taemin smiled and thought that this is going to be fun and entertaining.

 


What do you guys think? Is it really Yunho's mother or it was Taemin's doing? Please look forward for the next chapter, Jae joong will start his suffering from Mrs. Jung. Indeed a monster in law!