Chapter 1

The Jung Trap

“Ok boys, be sure to be good in school. I don’t want any calls from your teacher asking me to visit the School Director’s Office, especially if it’s about your mischievousness.”, As Kim Jae Joong, the mother of the Kim fraternal twins Yoochun and Junsu, ten years of age. Everytime he sends the twins to school he never forgets to give reminders, especially during the first first day of school. The mother of the boys are raising his sons alone.

On the other side of the neighborhood, surrounded by beautiful houses and famous people.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drop you off at school? I can drive you there before I head to the office.”, Jung Yunho asked his son with deep concern, Jung Changmin, ten years old. The father and son had just returned to South Korea (They’re from America). After the death of Yunho’s father, he took the overall management of all hotels they owned. He even started his own restaurant in South Korea, and even though his father owns a lot of hotels, he insist to build his own restaurant.

“Appa, I’ll be ok don’t worry. I hope to have new friends today.”, replied Changmin as he started to put his things on his bag. He sighed, and after gaining some confidence, “Okay, I’m ready!” Yunho checked his son before they leave the house.

Before the school’s opening ceremony starts, all the students check the bulletin board to find their room and section. Changmin checked the bulletin board and find out that he belongs to Section B. “Hmm, I wonder what kind of students enrolled on that section?”

Meanwhile, looking at the same board as Changmin, two boys are talking with each other. “Mou, how come that we’re together again! I’m much smarter than you! I should be in the gifted section.” says Yoochun. “Oh come on, Chunnie! Don’t you know I’m much smarter than you? I’m the one who should be in the gifted section.”, replied by Junsu.

“Hiya! Kim Yoochun and Kim Junsu what are you arguing about? Hn?” asked by their student affairs officer. “Names are determined by the system at the time you enrolled, and we don’t have a gifted section, its just special classes.” added by the officer. “Oh.. now I get it, I’m ok with Section B.” answered Yoochun, “Me too.” replied by Junsu.

“Now go to the room you are assigned for and wait for your classroom adviser, they will you to the auditorium for the opening ceremony later. The boys followed the instruction of the student affairs officer.

At the classroom.

Changmin entered the room and observed every one in the room. ‘They all look normal.’(AN: means like nobody in class seems weird or wild-like behavior), he thought.

He chose to seat at the center of the classroom. As he settle himself they heard a sweet voice. “Section B?”, the teacher asked one student who is standing near the door. All students hurriedly back to their seats, stood up to greet the teacher. “Good morning Miss! Good morning everyone!”, the children said in unison, everyone seated after they gave their greetings to their teacher. “Ok Section B, thank you for giving your greetings, I’m your Family & Values Education teacher, Miss Park Sandara. I hope that you will learn and understand the subject, and apply all your learnings in your life, here is the content of our subject, we call them ‘Syllabus’.”, the teacher showed them the course introduction. “Do you have any questions? If none, then please introduce yourself to the whole class. Introduce the member of your family as well. Starting from you.” then she points her finger to the person who is in the right corner, every students starts to introduce their family to Miss Park, it is now Junsu’s turn to introduce his family to everyone.

“Good morning everyone, I’m Kim Junsu, I have a brother who sits beside me”, points to his brother. “Yoochun. His much older than me by 10 minutes. We were supposed to be three but, according to my Eomma the third baby died. We don’t know where our Appa is, he didn’t mention what happen to him.” Sandara nods and then Yoochun gives his introduction. “As you’ve heard me and Junsu are twins. If the opportunity comes, of course, we want to meet our Dad.” Sandara signals Yoochun to take his seat and nod.

“How about you?”, she points out to Changmin, he stood up to give his introductions. “Good morning everyone, Miss Park. I’m Jung Changmin.” Sandara cuts Changmin and said, “Oh, you somehow look like the twins! Maybe you’re the third one!” Sandara commented. Both Junsu and Yoochun are dumbfounded, even Changmin was shock with the teacher’s remark. “Oh, I’m sorry. Please proceed Changmin.”

Changmin nods and continue, “I’m an only child, and I don’t have my mother with me. Oh, and my Appa told me that we’re supposed to be three. I don’t know why, but my father said that it’s still not the right time to deal with that issue. So, I’m leaving it as is.”

Sandara then nods and told Changmin to take his seat. One by one the children tell and describe their families to their teacher Sandara, after the last student describe his family the first bell rang prompting that they only have 10 minutes left until the class finishes.

“Thank you for sharing and describing your families, well as your family and values education teacher I will try to draw the potential and inner ‘family spirit’ in you. Lectures will be uploaded in the learning management portal of the school be sure to check it. See you next week. Let’s proceed to the auditorium for the opening ceremony.” says Sandara as she finish the class. The children said yes in unison and gave their greetings to their teacher.