Ending

Painful Love

Seokjin tried to be happy with Irene. He really did. The only problem was Seokjin. Seokjin could only smile politely when she joked. It wasn't like the times he spent with Jungkook. 

Jungkook made his days light up, always making Seokjin smile.

His sense of humor was very funny in every way.

Seokjin loved Jungkook. The realization was always there, he just never acknowledged it.

So when Irene confronts him, he isn't too surprised.

"We need to talk." Irene says solemnly. Seokjin already knows what she's going to say.

"This..this isn't going to work out, Seokjin." Irene says. "I really wanted you to like me, but it seems that you don't. I'm ok with that. And that's why I think we should break up."

"I agree with you Irene. I know this is very absurd of me, but I was hoping we could stay friends."

"Of course we can stay friends. Also, by any chance, do you already like someone? Is that why you can't express any romantic emotions towards me?"

"Actually, I do." Seokjin admits.

"Really? If you don't mind if I ask, but who is it?"

"I..It's Jeon Jungkook." Seokjin says softly, after making sure no one is listening to their conversation. "Please keep this a secret."

"Really? I'm happy for you, Seokjin. I really am. Don't worry, I'll keep your secret safe." Irene smiles genuinely.

"Thank you for understanding, Irene." Seokjin smiles back.

...

"I can't believe you chickened out." Yoongi groaned.

Jungkook tried to defend himself. "Hey! Do you know how awkward it would've been to walk on them? They were ing confessing!"

"They're dating?," Namjoon frowns. "I didn't know that. They don't even act like it."

"Not everyone displays public affection, Joon." Yoongi rolls his eyes.

Namjoon blushed. "Well, most people do.."

Yoongi turns his attention to Jungkook. "You better confess for real. Don't run away this time."

"I will, I will." Jungkook grumbled.

"Fighting~!!" Namjoon says, pumping his fist up.

"Enough with the cringey ." Yoongi rolls his eyes.

Namjoon pouts. He starts doing aegyo. "B-But Joonie wants to be cute~"

"Cute my ." Yoongi says, irritated.

Jungkook laughs.

...

Jungkook traps Seokjin at the front of the school building after school.

Jungkook swears he saw a small smile form on the edges of Seokjin's lips, but disappeared quickly.

"What do you want this time?"

"I came to apologize. I didn't mean to throw the confession at you so suddenly, and I regret breaking you're heart. So please. Forgive me." Jungkook bowed 90 degrees.

"...I like you too, Jungkook." Seokjin says softly. 

"You do?" Jungkook's head snaps up.

"Yes but.." Seokjin bites his lip. Jungkook it, unable to stop the stirring in his heart.

"I love you even though I shouldn't. You were a really nice person, Jungkook. I believed you were a good friend. But then you snap our friendship in half and apologize." Seokjin says truthfully.

"I love you a lot, Seokjin. I really do. How else can I prove it to you?"

Seokjin's eyes light up mischievously. "You'll do anything?"

"Anything that is possible for me."

"OK. I'll meet you at school. Then I'll tell you." Seokjin winks.

Jungkook has a awful feeling. But it can't be that bad, right?

...

Wrong. 

Jungkook finds out the answer to his question as he hauls both Seokjin's and Jungkook's stuff. Seokjin hums happily as Jungkook struggles. 

"This isn't fair." Jungkook pouts.

"It is for me. Besides, you're perfectly capable of doing this. You're just too lazy." Seokjin says.

"Me? Lazy? Have you seen these babies?" Jungkook makes an attempt to flex. Its hard with the backpacks, so he only manages to do it for a short time.

Seokjin rolls his eyes. "Show-off."

"Do you forgive me now?"

"I'll tell you after-school." Seokjin smiles, running off.

Jungkook groans, trying to catch up.

...

Jungkook pants. He drops both of their stuff.

They're in Seokjin's room right now.

Unfortunately, he and Seokjin had most of their classes together. Which meant he carried it for a long time.

Jungkook popped the question when everything was settled down. "So, do you forgive me?"

"Honestly, I already did. I just wanted to have some fun. Besides, your suffering was funny." Seokjin grinned.

"What?! So I did all of that for nothing?"

"Not exactly nothing. You have no idea how horrible I felt."

"I could say the same to you. You're not the only one. I was crying a lot, y'know? I was so torn about hurting your feelings."

"You didn't have to do it."

Jungkook shook his head. "My parents forced me."

"Oh. Well.."

Jungkook intertwines their fingers together. "Are we dating, now?"

"Obviously. But we need to keep our relationship a secret. My mom knows I'm bi, but my dad doesn't. If students know about our relationship and blab it onto others, everything's over. Are you ok with that?"

"As long as I'm with you."

"You're so cheesy."

"Yeah. But are you sure you forgive me? I really regret hurting your feelings."

Seokjin gazes into his eyes. "I believe you. It still hurts, but I trust you won't open up my wound."

Jungkook kisses his hand gently. "Don't worry, I'll heal it."

Seokjin smiles.

"Also, did you break up with Irene?"

"Yup. It was a friendly break-up, though. I told her about us. She agreed to keep it a secret, though."

"Don't go too close to her." Jungkook says, slight envy on his face.

"Aigoo~. You're already starting to get jealous."

"I always was. If you forgot, I liked you for a while."

"True, but this time you're expressing it right in front of me."

Jungkook stares at Seokjin's soft lips. "Can I kiss you?"

Seokjin chuckles. "You don't need to ask."

Jungkook kisses Seokjin eagerly, holding the back of his neck gently.

Seokjin kisses back, with just as much passion.

They break apart with swollen lips. "I love you a lot, Seokjin."

"Good. Because I love you too." Seokjin pulls in for another kiss.

A Little Bit Extra:

"YOU'RE DATING?!?" Hoseok squeals in the receiver. 

Seokjin winces, even though Hoseok can't see it.

"Geez, keep it down. You're blasting my ear drums."

"I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks. I'm happy for me too." Seokjin smiles.

"I'm coming over!"

Before Seokjin can protest, Hoseok ended the call.

Shortly after, someone knocked on his door.

Hoseok pulls him in for a hug. Seokjin pats his back. 

"Congrats!!"

"Thanks, man." Seokjin beams.

Meanwhile...

"So you guys are dating right now?" Yoongi asks. Jungkook, Yoongi, and Namjoon were on a group call with each other.

"Yup." Jungkook replies happily.

"I'm so proud of you." Namjoon wipes away a imaginary tear.

"Shut up, Joon. You're the one who's still single."

"Oof. Touché." Namjoon says, pretending to clutch his heart.

Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Just enjoy this moment, Namjoon,"

Jungkook nods in agreement.

Namjoon smiles sincerely. "I'm glad you're dating. You seem really happy."

Jungkook smiled. "I am."

"Good job, Jungkook. You are officially no longer single!" Yoongi claps.

"Yeah. But don't go screaming about it to everyone. News spread fast and my parents wouldn't approve. Seokjin's dad wouldn't either."

"OK. The secret is safe with us!" Namjoon pretends to zip his lips.

"Like Namjoon said, we won't breathe a word of it to anyone else." Yoongi promises.

"Thanks, guys. You're the best." Jungkook smiles. Everything was going to be ok. He had his crush-now-boyfriend with him, and his friends. What else could he ask for? Jungkook smiles, content.

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

After a month and almost a week, Painful Love is finished!

I'm thinking of doing bonus chapters. I never got to finish things up with Yoonseok. Maybe add in some Jinkook. Heck, I might even do a sequel! (If I really felt like it)

What do you guys think of that?

And damn, I wrote 1k words for this chapter! (So proud of myself rn :'))

Anyways, thank you to all my readers!!

Saranghae~  <3333

-XXGoldenMaknaeXX