Well, That Went Well (?)

Painful Love

"Hi! My name is Hoseok." Hoseok stuck out his hand and grinned cheerfully.

Hoseok was currently approaching Min Yoongi, known to be cold and mean.

So far nothing proved that.

"Hi." Yoongi says, his voice raspy.

He clears his throat awkwardly.

"...I heard you're a friend of Jungkook's." Hoseok blurts out.

Yoongi's attention is definitely on Hoseok now. "I am. What do you need?"

"..." Hoseok can't grasp what to say. Seems like all that rehearsing went down the drain.

"I was wondering if Jungkook has a reason for hating Seokjin." His voice gets higher at the end, showing great embarrassment and awkwardness.

"Look, I don't want you jabbering onto your friend Seokjin. So I'll tell you something that's very vital."

"What?"

"It's none of your business."

Hoseok swears his cheeks get redder and redder by the second.

"Great. Now, can you tell me something I don't know?" He says sassily.

"So you know you're being snoopy?"

"No..well, yes. But Seokjin is really hurt and I just need a reason why Jungkook's doing this. It's so unfair."

Yoongi scans him for a second or two. Hoseok's breath hitches.

"Things aren't always what they seem. Jungkook's a good kid. He's just been led onto a bad path. Just something to keep in mind." Yoongi taps the desk.

"Oh. Well, thank you for letting me know." Hoseok says sincerely.

Yoongi grunts. "Is that all?"

"Yes."

"Did you only come here to ask me that?"

"Kinda. But I heard you were kinda mean and I wanted to see how you really were. You can't really believe everything everyone says." Hoseok shrugs.

Yoongi smiles. Hoseok's heart jumped.

"I think you'll be a wonderful friend. Meet me in the school garden tomorrow." Yoongi whispers huskily in his ear.

And , Hoseok knew he was screwed.