Research And Pain

Dream Or Reality (Book 4)

Jisung POV

Once we returned home we immediately started to work on how the reality worked. How to enter and leave.

But all our reasearch led to a dead end. I was getting frustrated with all these dead ends and eventually I just wanted to give up.

We were no where closer to getting back.

Ten POV

I snapped up and my eyes widened. Johnny was there. "Ten you were having a nightmare. Are you okay?" Tears filled my eyes and I hugged Johnny tightly.

"Hey Ten?" I sighed and smiled softly. "Ten I know we are friends but this is kinda weird" I froze.

No... "Jisung?" I asked. "The hospital called. He's in a coma. His brain won't let him wake up."

My heart shattered. I started wailing. "Jisung no! My baby can't be in a coma!" I shouted.

Johnny seemed scared "Taeyong! Ten is breaking down!" Taeyong ran inside. "No my baby! Jisungie eomma is sorry! Please come back to eomma!" I sobbed.

"Ten you are not Jisung's eomma!" Taeyong was trying to calm me down.

Jisung POV

I woke up next to Chenle. I sighed in relief. The idol thing wasn't real. I held him tightly. "Hm? Jisungie?" He said sleepily.

I smiled and kissed his head. He was blushing hard. "J-Jisungie" I smiled brightly. "Chenchen I really like you" he smiled shyly. "I really like you too Jisungie"

We went downstairs and I went over to Ten eomma and woke him up. "Hm? Hi sweetie. You wanted to wake up eomma? Can you wake up appa as well?" I nodded and tried to wake up appa.

He groaned softly and looked at me sleepily. But then he smiled "hey kiddo. Waking up your parents?" He said. I nodded.

My mom walked in and she chuckled. "I remember when he used to do that to me as well." I grinned at her. We got everyone up and everyone prepared for school.

We ate breakfast and said bye to my mom before we all walked to school together.

I was so happy!

Johnny POV

I was keeping an eye on Ten. He was sobbing and screaming about Jisung being in a coma. The doctors are all really confused. Jisung is healthy but he refuses to wake up.

Ten finally knocked himself out from exhaustion. He called himself eomma... Does that mean he learned about the reality Jisung was in?

Wait... If these realities are accessed through dreams... I started trying to wake up Ten. "Ten! Ten wake up! Chittaphon! This isn't funny!" He wouldn't wake up.

"Taeyong! Ten won't wake up!" Taeyong ran inside and he checked his breathing. "He's alive but he won't wake up. No he's kike Jisung!" Taeyong shouted.

The reality they live in. They don't want to leave it.

Ten POV

I woke up to Jisung smiling at me "hm? Hi sweetie. You wanted to wake eomma up? Can you wake up appa as well?" He did and once he ran off to get ready I kissed Johnny's cheek.

"Good morning handsome" I said before getting up. He smiled and kissed my lips. Hm the feeling was making me so happy. We got ready for school and walked to school happily together.

I couldn't help but wish this feeling would never fade.

No POV

The NCT members were desperate. They kept doing research they needed to wake Jisung and Ten up.

"We need someone to go in. And find them and wake them up. The issue is this reality screws with memory. They try to go in and they can't tell what is reality and what is a dream."

Johnny sighed. "We have to get them up!" He was frustrated. He missed Ten and Jisung. They all did.

"I can do it." Everyone looked at Jungwoo. "Jungwoo?" Jeno said. "I have seen the reality once. After Jisung was in the hospital. And I figured out hoe to travel. I'll look for them and try to bring them back. They don't belong in that reality. And if they stay they will cease to exist here."

Everyone paled. They could not lose Jisung nor Ten. "Jungwoo do it." Johnny said.

Jungwoo went to a room and laid down. He closed his eyes. "Jungwoo." His eyes opened and he saw Lucas at the door.

"Be careful." He said. Jungwoo nodded in response and closed his eyes again.

He took his time and made it back. He saw Jisung and Ten at school and he walked over to them. "You two come with me" he said.

The two had followed him curiously and seemed really confused. Why did Jungwoo need them?

Jungwoo stopped. "Wake up both of you. This is a dream. Our reality is outside of here and if we don't leave then we will cease to exist in our reality."

They looked at each other. "This... Isn't reality..." Jisung said. His eyes filled with tears. "But this reality is the best." He said. Ten nodded in agreement.

"We should stay here. I don't want to leave Johnny. I love him." Ten said outloud.

But then Ten snapoed awake and started coughing loudly. Johnny ran to the sound. "Guys Ten is awake!" Lucas went to see Jungwoo who was still asleep.

"Telling your deepest fear and truest emotion will snap us out of this reality." Jungwoo said when Ten had diappeared.

"Jisung please we need to leave. Everyone misses you dearly." Jisung had seemed conflicted. He loved this reality and could not bear to leave it.

He shook his head. "I can't leave. I love this place too much." And Jisung had walked away.

Jungwoo had returned. He faced s. "What happened?" Kun had asked. "Jisung refuses to leave. He loves that reality more then his own." Jungwoo said.

Ten looked down. "Why did Ten return then?" Jungwoo sighed. "He told his true feelings out loud. And it returned him to this reality. Where he can face his truest emotion in this reality."

Taeil seemed confused. "What did Ten feel?" Ten seemd scared. "He felt love. And he was strong enough to admit it" Jungwoo said simply.

"Jisung won't admit how he feels. Because he doesn't want to leave." Taeyong said. "So we lost him..." Jaehyun said. "Yeah we did..." Doyoung had said.

The members were more scared. They were about to lose their youngest member. And part of their family.