7.

Metal Heart

Jaemin was able to outrun Jeno thanks to his inhumane speed.When he thought he was far away from the boy did he hear a loud bang.He stopped and turned around only to see Jeno sprawled on the side road,unconscious and a car speeding away.He was shocked.The car didn't even slow down after it hit Jeno, leaving him there on the ground.He quickly ran to Jeno and crouched down next to him, "Jeno?"

Nothing.Jaemin feared for the worst when he rest his fingers on Jeno's neck,trying to find a pulse.But there was none.In an instant,he went to panic mode as the tears started coming out.

 

No...No,no,no.

 

This isn't real.He can't be...No.There has to be something that could be done to turn this around.

 

His brain then supplied him with a solution.There is one thing he could do.The android closed his eyes and focus all the current waves from his core to flow to his hands.In a few seconds,small sparks of electricity flowed out of his fingertips that eventually got bigger.He rubbed his hands together and when felt tingling feeling in his hands get stronger he puts them on Jeno's chest so that the shock would make Jeno's heart start beating.The sudden shock made Jeno's upper body jerked upwards but he was still not breathing.Jaemin harshly wiped his now wet cheeks and rubbed his hands again harder. The second shock that came to the unconscious boy was definitely stronger than the first when his body jerked upwards and his heart started beating slowly but surely.Jeno opened his eyes slowly as he started coughing up and Jaemin never felt even more relieved.He used up half of his life battery but since he could garentee Jeno's safety,he didn't mind.

The ambulance came shortly after Jaemin called them.The nurses hauled him to a bed on the back of the ambulance, carefully not to break anymore of his bones than it already has.They were brought to the emergency room where the doctor started to work on Jeno.And all that time,Jaemin stood near the boy,fearing he could lose him again.But he didn't.Jeno was still alive and breathing next to him.His warm hand holding Jaemin's cold ones even when the doctor left before telling him he had fractured his legs and had to be on a wheelchair for a month at least.Then,Jeno remembered the incident that caused this, "Jaemin,about what happened with me and Chaeri..."

As soon as he said that name,Jaemin ripped his hand off Jeno's, ignoring the fact that his heart felt like it just got ripped off as well, "Look,I get it.You guys got back together.Congrats. I'm happy for you.", although his voice sounded the opposite of it.He got up from the chair beside Jeno's bed and was about to leave when Jeno reached for his hand, "No, wait.Listen,it wasn't like that at all.It was her who tried to kiss me.She wanted to get back together with me but I rejected her".

 

"What? Why? You were happy with her before"

 

"No. I thought I was happy but I wasn't.She played with me and that's when I realized I don't love her. I...",he took a deep breath, "I love you.And I would apologize a million times if that would make you feel better.Just,please... please don't let us be over".He was practically begging for Jaemin not to leave.Jaemin quietly sat back down,a small smile graced his face as he felt tears welling up his eyes.

He remembered a five year old him staring at the tv screen when the lead actress cried as the lead actor proposed to her.He remembered his confusion as to why humans would cry if they're happy.Because to him,tears mean sadness.And he remembered the time he asked Taeil what love is when the actress and actor said it to each other.He remembered Taeil saying that he's too young to understand but heard him said it to little Jaemin when he thought the boy was asleep.

The present Jaemin's eyes traveled from Jeno's watery ones to their linked hands.A warm feeling sets itself in Jaemin's heart and he's definitely sure it wasn't because his battery is overheating.Then, the other leaned in and gave Jaemin's cheek a peck before pulling him in for a hug and Jaemin finally understood why humans cry when given affection.

 

This is love.

 

 

Taeil,Haechan,Renjun,Mark,Chenle,Jisung came later that day with worried faces when they heard about the hit and run accident.But when they saw him alive and well,they visibly relaxed.Taeil was the first one to went over to Jeno's bed and started to fussed at him by asking a ton of questions like what happened and can he still walk.Jaemin rolled his eyes at Taeil's mother-like behaviour but Jeno managed to calm the older down and answered his questions calmingly.

"I'm okay,really.Nothing serious happen,geez",he chuckled at the amount of fuss Taeil was making. "Oh,by the way,it looks like I won't be joining any matches with the team for a while, sorry",he said to Mark, apologetically.Mark shakes his head, "It's fine,dude.It's not your fault.I'm only glad it was only your legs and not your life."

"Actually,he did die but I managed to save him",it was Jaemin who said this.

The others went quiet and stared at him quizzically, except for Jeno who gasped, "Jaemin!". The android looked at the boy on the hospital bed, smiling reassuringly, "It's okay,I want them to know"

 

It was then Taeil could fit the pieces, "Are you sure about this?".

"Yes,I don't wanna keep secrets from my friends."

Taeil ponders for a bit before sighing, "Alright then".

It was Renjun who spoke for the confused boys, "mind telling us what you guys are blabbering about?"

So Jaemin told them everything.From the fact that he is actually an android,that Taeil is his creator and how he brought back Jeno's life.The boys listened to him with their mouths agaped.None of the five boys looked like they believed him so he tried to prove it by walking up to them and told them to lean closer.As they did so, Jaemin's eyes flashed a bright blue before it turned off and they could make out blue lines before realising there were numbers written on his irises.

10%.

They gasped.Jaemin stood up straight, smiling proudly.

Chenle and Jisung were the fastest to recover from the silence, "COOL!!",they said in unison and Renjun smacked both of their heads.

"Hey,can you charge my phone?", asked the youngest,excitedly.

"Jaemin is an android not a walking power bank",Jeno facepalmed.

Jaemin giggled, "I can do it.And I would but as you just saw, I only have 10% of power left.I need to go home and charge first"

 

Suddenly, the door burst opened revealing Jeno's parents. The two started to make a fuss of his injury and the gang thought it was time to leave to give Jeno some time with his parents.Taeil glanced at Jeno's mother, "Was I like that too?".The kids chose not to answer it since it's obvious.

"Wait,Jaemin",Jeno called him.

Jaemin didn't run this time.Instead,he stopped and turned around.

"Promise me you'll visit every day"

He smiled.The kind of smile Jeno couldn't stop staring at.

"You know I will"

The two were still staring at each other, unable to look away.

 

And Jisung, being the brat he is, couldn't keep his mouth shut, "Ugh,get a room you two!"

 

Author's note:Sooo, this chapter is a bit boring.It's only to let you guys know Jeno is okay.But I can assure you, the danger isn't over yet.