8.

Metal Heart

As promised,Jaemin went to visit Jeno everyday after school.In a month, Jeno was finally discharged from the hospital but he needs to be on wheelchair for a while until his legs heal completely.At school,he had to deal with  hugs and 'get well soon' cards from all his classmates and teammates.Don't get him wrong, it's nice of them to do that for him but he feels as if they're spoiling him too much and he wasn't able to get any private moments with Jaemin without someone coming up to him to ask him how he's doing.Like right now when he has to deal with his friends' concerned look as the "are you doing okay?" questions keep coming while Jaemin was fidgeting in his seat, uncomfortable with the sudden intrusion.Thank god Haechan noticed his irritation, "Alright,clear up! He's not dying,people!",he pushed the crowd back so they wouldn't bother Jeno anymore.Jeno silently thanked his friend, grateful for the help.He didn't know what he would do if they continue to ruin his chances at spending time with his friends and boyfriend.

"You know, they're just worried about you", the sweet and caring Jaemin told him.

"I know but we couldn't have a proper conversation without getting interrupted every time",he sulked.Jaemin giggled at his boyfriend's cute behaviour, "We can have plenty of time together after school".Jeno's ears perked up, "Are you saying I could come over to your house after school?",he smirks.Haechan, who's desk was only beside him, rolled his eyes, "Wow,I can't believe you can still flirt even when you're stuck in a wheelchair".

Jeno turns to his friend with a proud grin, "It's in my blood.Not my fault this face is a killer",he points to himself.Haechan looks unimpressed, "Yeah,you you're killing me alright."

Jaemin, innocent Jaemin tilts his head cutely, "Sometimes I don't get you humans.And to answer the question,sure you can come to my house if that's how you humans spend time with one another.But Taeil hyung would be home late today so it would just be the two of us".Jeno moved closer to an oblivious Jaemin when he heard the last sentence,a mischievous smile on his face, "Just the two of us, you say? I'm in"

"DON'T LET HIM IN THE HOUSE,JAEMIN! YA,LEE JENO! YOU BETTER NOT STAIN MY BEST FRIEND'S INNOCENCE OR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU WILL NEVER WALK AGAIN!!", Haechan's shouts caused the whole class to look at the three questioningly.

Right at that moment, the teacher came in and everyone quietted down like nothing happened as the class started.

 

...

 

After long, dreadful hours, the long awaited bell finally rang signalling end of school.Jeno was waiting for Jaemin at the gate because Jaemin told him to wait for him there because he needed to discuss a school project with their classmates,Hina and Sanha.Haechan also told them he would be a bit late as he wanted to wait for Mark.

Jeno was eagerly waiting for them to come out of the school building when suddenly, a few blocks away,he spotted a familiar vehicle parked there.A black car.Suspicion grew into him as he moved his wheelchair nearing the car.As the vehicle was close enough to him,he went to check the front of the car to congcon his suspicions.And sure enough,it did when he found a large dent as if it got hit with something hard.This is the car that hit him that day.Anger seeped into his bones when he thought of the heartless driver that left him to die if it wasn't for Jaemin.

Speakingof said driver, the car was empty.Jeno was about to wait for the driver to come back when a man appeared beside him, "Hey kid why are you looking at my car".Jeno turned to him.The man looked like in his forties,had a few strands of grey hair and messy appearance.He's probably unemployed.

But none of these mattered to Jeno as he glared at the man with his own question, "Why did you just left me there when you hit me?".The man's eyes widened when he heard what Jeno said and looked around before pulling Jeno by the shirt harshly, making him fall off his wheelchair.The man wasted no time unlocking the car and shoved the boy into the trunk.Jeno was fighting off the man by landing punches to his stomach but the man was clearly no match for him as he managed to shut the trunk hard.

"JENO!!"

Behind him,Jaemin,Haechan and Mark were already running towards the boy.Unfortunately, the three (not even Jaemin's speed) could catch up to them when the man started the car and quickly drove away, leaving the three boys panicking at the thought of Jeno got kidnapped.

 

Meanwhile,Jeno,who was stuck in the trunk, tried his best to escape by kicking around and screaming for help.But he felt it was useless as the loud car engine was muting his screams.So,he quickly took out his phone from his pocket (thank God he remembered to charge it) and quickly dialled the first name he could think of,Na Jaemin. The line lasted for a second before Jaemin picked up.

"Jeno! Are you okay?"

"Where are you now?",that was Haechan.

"Jaemin,guys,please help me.I don't know where he's taking me", his voice broke as he was close to crying already.

"Don't worry,buddy we'll find you.Just stay safe".Mark.

He felt the car slowing down to a stop.

"The car stopped.I gotta go."

"What? Jeno don't-"

"Jaeminie?",he cuts Jaemin off.

"Yes?"

"I love you",he quickly ended the call and shoved his phone back in his pocket.

In his heart,he regrets not waiting for Jaemin to answer him back before ending the call as he was dragged out of the car trunk, fearing he may never hear it again.

 

Author's note:Sorry for not updating in a while. I've been so busy with school. I want to say thank you to the readers who read this mess of a fic.Also,this story is almost ending so please look forward to it! That's all, thank you (^^).