2.

Metal Heart

On the night before the second day of school Jaemin had already done his homework.Homework here means binge watching high school dramas like Dream Knight and High School Love On.By morning,he had learned all he needed to know to act like a normal high school student.Well,at least he gets most of them.Jaemin was still wondering why he acted the way he did the first time he met Jeno.His body never did that when meeting anyone before.

A loud beep that signalled he was done recharging resonated in Jaemin's room,disturbing his thoughts.Jaemin got up from his lying position on his bed.Wired machines and computers lined up neatly beside the wall,each had its own purpose for the boy like checking if vital signs and regenerate the electricity within him.He slowly got out of bed and went to shower before coming down for breakfast.

After breakfast,Taeil drove Jaemin to school,stopping in front of the gates.

"Don't slack in class okay? I love you"

Jaemin held back a snicker.His hyung is acting like he's sending his own kid to kindergarten.Nevertheless Jaemin still answered genuinely before he got out of the car

"I love you too,bye"

Jaemin's walking to the front gate when he saw Jeno and Chaeri, holding hands while walking to school from afar.They looked like they were having a good time.Chaeri was laughing at something Jeno had said,her head hung back as the wind blew at her long smooth hair and Jeno was trying to hold back his laughter while talking, his eyes turning into crescents.

Jaemin felt something weird in his heart when Jeno pulled Chaeri closer to him.What is this?

The couple noticed Jaemin's staring and smiled at him.It was Jeno who broke the ice.

"Good morning"

Jaemin broke the stare, ignoring how his stomach feels like it was leaping.

"Good morning"

And they continued walking to class.

----

The bell rang signalling lunch break.Students pooled out of their classes and filled the halls.Jaemin and his new friend Haechan just got out of their classroom when Haechan stopped him.

"I need to go to the bathroom.You go ahead to the cafeteria.I'll meet you there"

Haechan sprinted in the direction of the bathroom without waiting for Jaemin's reply.

Jaemin was walking to the cafeteria when he saw Chaeri,who was talking to some guy that looked older than her.Jaemin saw, from afar,she was giggling and batted her eyelashes at this guy,her face a blushing red.Is she flirting with him?

But Jaemin didn't want to get involved so he pass them without them noticing and headed to the cafeteria.

When he was there,he saw that all of his friends were already at their table,even Haechan who just got back from the bathroom.

He took his tray, filling it with food before making his way to them.

When he sat down he was met with a question by Haechan,

"Why were you so late? Did you get lost?"

Jaemin didn't want to get into detail so he lied,

"Yeah,I couldn't find my way here",even though the school's layout was already saved in his head.

"Hey Jeno, where's Chaeri? I haven't seen her",asked a curious Chenle.

"Oh, she told me she had cheerleading practice and can't make it to lunch"

Jaemin tilted his head slightly in confusion, 'Then how come I saw her in the hallways, talking to some guy?' he thought.

"Oh, well.Can't be helped then.", said Chenle and continued to listened to Jisung talking, seeming tranced as looked at Jisung the whole lunch period.

Jaemin found out he and Jeno both had chemistry after lunch as they both headed to the lab.On the way to the lab, the two were talking about themselves.Jeno laughed when Jaemin told him the time when Taeil almost burn down their kitchen while trying to make Italian food.His eyes turned into crescents as Jaemin felt his heart beating rapidly again.

During chemistry, the two sat beside each other as the teacher talked about magnesium oxide.Jaemin listened intently when he felt tap on his shoulder.He looked at Jeno as the latter shoved his book closer for Jaemin to look at the writing.

I'm bored.

Jaemin wrote back. 

Me too.Let's talk.

Jeno wrote something and showed it to him.

Okay.Hey,wanna know something?

Jaemin wrote, What?

I actually kinda like you.

Jaemin froze at the writing, not knowing how to respond.But before he did,Jeno wrote more.

You're cute not to mention funny.I'm actually comfortable with you for someone I only just met yesterday.

Jaemin managed to get himself together albeit feeling his face a little hot before answering with a thank you.

---

After school,Jaemin waited for Taeil to pick him up at school.He was wondering wether or not to tell Jeno that Chaeri lied to him about cheerleading practice.But eventually resolves to just tell him tomorrow.

A honk interrupted Jaemin's thoughts, followed by Taeil calling him from afar.Jaemin got in the car and they drove away from the school.

"You've been spacing out recently.Something wrong?"

Leave it to Taeil to find out something about Jaemin so quickly.

"Hyung, have you ever felt your heart beating in a not so steady pace when you meet someone?"

Taeil thought for a second then smiled.

"Yeah,it happened when met this guy named Lee Taeyong and oh my god I was a blushing mess you should have seen how handsome he is.It's like he came out of a romance mov-wait why are you asking?",Taeil stopped rambling about Taeyong when he realised what Jaemin just asked.

"It's just there's this guy at school,I don't know how but everytime he smiles my heart rate went so high and my face heats up like its on fire.Am I malfunctioning?"

Taeil smiles when he realised what's going on with his dongsaeng.

"You like him,huh?"

Jaemin looks at him.

"Like? You mean does things that happened in dramas? No,I don't think so.I just feel weird when he's around that's all"

Taeil laughs.He can't believe Jaemin thinks liking someone only happens in dramas.

"Jaemin that's what liking someone means.In this case, you're having a crush on this guy."

Jaemin looks at him like he's being blamed.

"Crush? I didn't crush him.You know I'm not strong enough to actually crush somebody."

Taeil sighs.This is gonna be a long ride home.

A/n : I'm not gonna be updating for maybe a month cause the mid-term is coming up,sorry.Anyway, thank you for reading ^_^