4.

Metal Heart

The group was sitting at their claimed table during recess.They were all busy listening to Chenle's funny jokes, laughing and talking loudly.Except for Jaemin who was too busy replaying again and again of that incident with Jeno the other day. Especially the part where the latter brought their lips together and then looking like he regretted it afterwards.Jaemin still couldn't pinpoint why his programming system kept going haywire everytime he's close to Jeno,even more when they kissed.

"YA! JAEMIN!"

A loud voice rang in his ear,interrupting his thoughts and making him flinched.Haechan gave him a look,brows furrowed.

"What's wrong with you? You're spacing out a lot these days"

Jaemin pursed his lips.

"Oh...no it's nothing.By the way...",he clasped his hands, trying to divert the attention from him.

"...where's Jeno? I haven't seen him lately",he looked around the table in search for him. The others didn't seem to know where he is either.

What they didn't notice is the person in subject is walking to their table but stopped when he saw Jaemin was with them as well.He was about to quietly turned around and leave when the group noticed him.Chenle was the one to speak up.

"Jeno, where are you going? We're over here."

Jeno's heart sank to his stomach.

He can't run away now so he silently took a seat between Renjun and Haechan at the same time dealing with his friends oblivious face expressions and a certain boy beside Haechan who wasn't looking at him.

Unfortunately for both Jeno and Jaemin, Haechan could feel the awkward tension from the people beside him.He looked back and forth at the both of them.

"Is something going on with you two?"

Jaemin then quickly spoke up.

"No,no.Nothing's wrong with us.Right,Jeno?"

Jeno was taken aback from the sudden question but answered back in a normal tone,

"Yeah...yeah.We're good"

Haechan was still aware of those two but decided to drop it since they were not gonna talk.

"Hey,Jeno I heard you're having a big match this Friday.You ready?", Jisung asked him, immediately earning a smack on the shoulder from Renjun.Jisung rolls his eyes.

"Fine.Jeno hyung"

Jeno recovered from the tension and nodded saying he's practicing a lot these days.

"You guys are coming right?",he asked, hopefully.

"Of course we are! I finally get to see the school's star player in action",it was Jaemin who answered,a smile so bright on his face it got the former blinded and also a bit surprised by the sudden mood change but it's mostly the dazzling smile that got him staring.

He didn't realize he was staring that long when Haechan cleared his throat.

"So is Chaeri gonna cheer you on?"

The question made the boy's mood down.He could see Jaemin looking sympathetically at him.No, he's not gonna break down again.He took a deep breath and answered,

"Yeah,of course"

 

 

Jeno was heading to the science lab with slow steps.He was dreading it because Jaemin and him were supposed to be lab partners for their next assignment.Apparently,fate wanted to play with him that day by having the boy in his head to come out of nowhere and pulled his wrist,stoping his tracks.Jeno turned around to find the boy's pleading eyes directed towards him.

"We need to talk"

Jeno panicked.When he panicked,he talks in lightning speed.

"I-I know you're still mad about what happened.I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was thinki-"

"I'm not mad."

The other was taken aback by the answer

"You... what? You don't mind it?"

Jaemin shakes his head,a pretty smile on his face.

"It's okay.You wanted something to calm you down.I get it.As a matter of fact,I think I'm the one who should be apologizing.I did pushed you away."

Jeno smiles a little already feeling a bit better knowing he didn't ruin their relationship.

"It's okay. I was too sudden anyway."

He continued staring at Jaemin's blinding smile again.Somehow, he couldn't stop staring.He can literally hear his own heart beating rapidly.It's like that day he decided to kiss the boy.He didn't know exactly why he did that but he didn't regret it either.Not when Jaemin's lips tasted like the sweetest candy he's ever tasted.Oh my god, he's falling.

Hey, are you okay?",Jaemin asked when the boy's smile suddenly got replaced with a serious expression.

"Jaemin?"

"Yeah"

"I really am grateful for your help.But I wonder is it possible to fall in love again right after you break up with someone?"

The question got Jaemin thinking.He honestly doesn't know the answer to that.He was gonna tell him he doesn't know but the longing expression on the other's face shut him up.It was then Jaemin could wire his brain to think.​Oh.

"Um,Jeno you've been a really good friend.One of my first ones in fact, including Haechan.And I couldn't thank you enough but...I don't know if I like you that way.",he finishes his sentence,nervously.

Jeno smiles apologetically.

"It's okay.I know you wouldn't.I just wanted to get it out my chest.But hey you're still coming to the game right?"

Jaemin smiled wider.

"Of course"

 

 

The stadium was so loud.Everyone was cheering on for their team.Note to self,never sit beside Haechan when Mark Lee,their senior was a member of the playing team.Jaemin felt his ears going deaf when Haechan shouts at the fouls and it didn't help when Chenle is sitting behind him screaming like a dolphin.

Mark dribbled the ball and was kicking it to Jeno.But before Jeno could get it he suddenly tripped on his own feet and stumbled.The ball that was supposed to land at his feet hit him square on the face instead.The crowd gasped when the boy wasn't getting up.Medics rushed to the scene and brought him away as Jaemin and the gang ran down to the medical room to check up on him.

When they were there,Jeno was lying on a bed.He was awake but had a black eye.Mark was sitting beside him.

"Yikes,that's gotta hurt", Jisung voiced out and got smacked in the head by Renjun.

"I'm fine guys.I just got a little dizzy but I can still play",he waves them off but earned a glare from Mark.

"There is no way I'm putting you out in that condition",he said sternly.

"But we're falling by a few points.At this rate,you'll need my help."

"No way"

"Just for 30 minutes and I'll be off the field.Please"

Mark sighs dramatically.

"Fine.30 minutes and that's it."

Jeno smiled satisfyingly but Jaemin was still worried.He went beside Jeno's bed.

"You sure you'll be okay?" his tone laced with worry.

"I'm sure"

Jaemin leaned in and gave a peck on his cheek,not minding the others gaping mouths.Jeno smiled widely.

"I'll avoid any injuries and you'll go out with me?",he said, playfully.

Jaemin smiled back.

"Deal"

A/n: Just to be clear I don't really know anything about football sooo...my bad if it's confusing