9.

Metal Heart

"I love you"

The line was cut right before Jaemin could answer back.He felt pain in his heart as the thought of Jeno being harmed seeps in. "Jeno...",his voice broke as he felt tears welling up.

"We'll get him back", Haechan reassured him.

"But how?We don't even know where he is"

"I wish there was some way we could track him",Mark sighed hopelessly.

Then Jaemin thought of something.And that something made Jaemin stopped crying as he held on to a small ray of hope, "There is a way"

The two boys looked at him in surprise. "There is?How?",asked Haechan.

"I'll explain later but right now we need to go back to my house."

 

....

Jeno never felt as hopeless as he did right now in his entire life. The man that kidnapped him had dragged him to an abandoned warehouse and tied his hands back to a pole.

"Why are you doing this?",Jeno asked him.

"It's just so that you won't report me to the police.But that's not all,I'm thinking of blackmailing your parents",he said it like it was a simple matter.

"You're not gonna get away with this.My friends will find me",he said through gritted teeth.His wrists turned purple with rope marks when he tugged them non-stop.

The man landed a punch on the boy's jaw and kicked him in the ribs multiple times until Jeno stop struggling and slumped limply.

"Your friends?They won't find you.No one will", the man smirked darkly as he left Jeno there to get some fresh air outside.

"Don't underestimate Jaemin" was the last thing the man heard before closing the door behind him.

....

 

The three boys had ran to Jaemin's house as fast as they can,only stopping when Jaemin brought them to Jaemin's room.Jaemin his laptop and typed something wildly.

"Soo, what are we doing here?",asked Mark.

"Like I said before,there is a way to find Jeno.I can pinpoint his location by tracking his phone",said Jaemin without looking at them because he was busy typing away at his computer. "How do you do that?",cconfusion written on Haechan's face.

"By hacking the satellites"

In a few minutes,Jaemin successfully hacked the satellites and received the coordinates of Jeno's location. "Found him".Jaemin typed out the coordinates before an address showed on the screen.

Mark and Haechan peered at the screen,"That's not far from here"

"Then we should go now",Jaemin said urgently.

The front door open revealing Taeil who just got back from work, "I'm home! Oh,hey guys what's up?".He was greeted by a sudden hug from Jaemin as the boy sobbed quietly.Taeil could sense the somber atmosphere from the three boys.He returned Jaemin's hug and the boy's hair, "Hey, what's wrong?"

The boys quickly told him everything that happened.Taeil felt a sunken feeling in his heart at the news.After revealing Jaemin's identity,Jeno made a special place in Taeil's heart.The boy was sweet and lovely and Taeil wanted to treasure him just like he did with Jaemin when the boy first opened his eyes to the world.

But now,none of them know if Jeno is okay as he watched Jaemin crying in his arms.The scene definitely broke his heart.Jaemin let go of the hug and wiped his tears. "Hyung,we know where Jeno is.We should go get him now"

"No.It's already sundown.I'm not gonna let you kids walk into a dangerous guy's territory at night"

"But hyung! Jeno could be-"

"He won't.He's strong.But we can't just barge into the place.We need to call the police.",he put his hands on Jaemin's shoulders, comforting him.The boys know deep down that Taeil is right.

That night,Mark and Haechan decided to sleep at Jaemin's house to comfort each other.The two boys were tired after running non-stop from the school to the house that they fell asleep on the couch.Taeil was in the kitchen calling the police when Jaemin quietly sneak to the door.

"Where are you going?", Haechan said from behind him,sleepiness all gone. "I'm going to look for Jeno.If we wait for the police,we might be too late"

"Well then I'm going with you"

"No! It's too dangerous"

"Which is why you can't go alone"

"I'll be fine.The guy that kidnapped Jeno doesn't know I'm an android.I can detain him while you guys get the police.",he smiled reassuringly. Haechan's shoulders visibly slumped as he hugged his friend "Be careful,Nana".Jaemin smiled at the nickname and reciprocated the hug. "Thanks.Cover for me,will you? If Taeil hyung asked just tell him I'm in the bathroom". Haechan nods. The two broke the hug before Jaemin quietly snuck out of the house to find Jeno.

 

Author's note:Next chapter is the last (I think).