5.

Metal Heart

Jaemin ran straight home after the game.In his head, he's still pondering about the deal he made with Jeno and now he's faced with a question his artificial intelligence can't help.He needs Taeil hyung now.

"Hyung! What do humans do on a date?!",was the first thing he said when he barged into the house.Taeil's eyes widened in shock from the living room but relaxed when he saw it was just Jaemin.Then the look changed into confusion.

"Why are you suddenly asking that?"

"A boy at school asked me out and I agreed",he sat next to the older on the couch, the tv ignored.

"Is it that boy you had a crush on?",a smile growing on his face.The android nods,"Lee Jeno".

"My baby brother already has a boyfriend,oh my god",he faked a cry and wiped an invisible tear to make it dramatic.Jaemin rolled his eyes at his hyung's silliness."So do you know what humans do on a date?".Taeil pursed his lips while thinking,"Well, sometimes they would watch a movie or dine in some fancy restaurant.Just about anything to spend time with each other."

Jaemin nods,saving the info into his brain.Then he realised something,

"You never went on a date with anyone,hyung",it was a fact but it earned Jaemin a hard shove until he fell off the couch.

....

It was a Saturday morning when Jeno took Jaemin out for a walk at the park.Jeno was wearing a simple white shirt and black tattered jeans.His hair was styled neatly which made him even more good looking if that was possible.Jaemin on the other hand,was wearing a light blue hoodie that he found at the back of his closet.

The two were walking silently beside each other,not knowing how to start the conversation.Eventually, Jeno broke the silence,

"So,I only noticed your brother at your house.Parents not home?",he asked, looking at Jaemin.

"No.It's only Taeil and me my entire life"

"Oh,I'm sorry I asked",he looked down,embarrassed.

Jaemin shook his head,

"It's okay.I've never really met them."

It's a lie.He doesn't have parents to begin with but the other doesn't have to know that.

They sat down at a nearby bench with an ice cream in hand.A drop of Jaemin's ice cream came in contact with his hoodie so he quickly wiped it with a tissue.Jeno eyed him and the thick clothing, curiously,

"Isn't it a bit too hot to be wearing that in the summer?"

Not for Jaemin.He's a machine.An android made by Moon Taeil.He can't feel heat or pain or respirate like humans do. "No"

They were now walking again.Jeno sneakily held Jaemin's hand and intertwined their fingers between talking.Two boys playing ball served as their background noise as the two were talking and laughing at each other's lame joke.They were already looking like a lovey dovey couple on a date.Jaemin felt his heart beating rapidly again and his stomach doing somersaults when Jeno's eyes turned into adorable crescents.Oh he felt like he could stare into those eyes for days and still get these weird feelings in his chest.It's crazy how someone like Jeno can make someone inhuman like Jaemin to feel like this.

So, this must be love.

Jaemin must've been so deep in thought that he didn't notice a ball heading in his direction.But he was too late when the ball hit his head hard.He can't feel pain but the impact made him unable to see straight as he fell to the ground.Jeno ,who was beside him was shock and quickly shook Jaemin's shoulders when he saw the boy fell.

"Jaemin! Hey,are you okay?"

"System error",Jaemin's eyes were unfocused as he spoke in a robotic tone.Jeno felt confused,"Huh?"

The other's eyes were back to focus and looked at Jeno alarmingly,his hand tightly holding other's, "Call Taeil".Then his eyes were unfocused again and Jeno swore he saw it turning blue for a second before going back to black and finally back to focus.Jaemin looked around,with a confuse look then looking at his own hand holding Jeno before looking at the boy.A polite smile was plastered on his face and Jeno would find it cute if it weren't for the current situation,"Hello,who are you?"

"What? Jaemin it's me,Jeno!".

Okay he was officially beyond confused and panicked at the other's weird behaviour.But the latter was still smiling like nothing was wrong, "Hello,Jeno.Can you tell me why we're holding hands?"

Jeno gaped at him.Then he remembered what he was told to do,"Jaemin I need to use your phone".

"Sure",as soon as the phone was in Jeno's hand,he quickly went over the contacts and tapped on Taeil's number.It took a few seconds for Taeil to pick up,"Jaemin,wha-"

"This is Jeno.We're at the park but Jaemin is acting weird and he told me to call you"

"..."

"Hello?"

"I'm coming there",his tone turned serious.

...

The ride back was quiet.Jeno who insisted to come along was sitting at the back of Taeil's car, fidgeting uncomfortably with so many questions in his head.Beside him,Jaemin was innocently humming to an unknown tune as he stared out the window while Taeil was glancing at them over the mirror every few seconds with a woried look.

They arrived at Jaemin's house and entered.Taeil pushed Jaemin into his room,

"Jaemin,I need to fix you a little bit.Go lie down first."

"Okay."

Jeno followed them into what he assumed was Jaemin's room.His eyes widened at the sight of so many computers and monitors lined beside the bed.Jaemin was lying there,eyes closed,as Taeil put on an odd-shaped headpiece on him.

"Jaemin is an android.I made him.", said Taeil when Jeno looked at him for answers.He continued,

"I was an orphan before my foster mother took care of me.Her husband had divorced her way before that so it was just me and her.But...she died...from cancer."

Jeno was silent as he took it all in.Taeil took the silence as a sign to go on, " I was alone again after her death.I always wanted a younger brother so I invented Jaemin although a part of him is human but mostly made of metal.He's been my younger brother since."

Taeil looked at Jeno cautiosly and took his hand in his, "I need to ask you to please keep this a secret.If anyone finds out about him the government would take him away for sure.".

"Don't worry.I won't tell anyone about this",Jeno assured him, even putting on his kindest smile to calm the older down.It seems to work as Taeil's shoulders visibly relaxed.Jaemin who had been sleeping,slowly opened his eyes.His eyes were blue for a second before turning back to black just like before.He got into a sitting position and took off the headpiece.

"What happened?",he asked Taeil. The older smiled gently, "You accidently rebooted yourself.But I managed to restore your memories so you're back now.Thank Jeno here for getting me."

Jaemin's eyes travelled to Jeno before staring at his own hands.The latter could make out those red cheeks and thought the boy,although not human, still looked adorable to Jeno.

"Thank you.Sorry I lied about who I am.I understand if you hate me".

Jeno smiled,eyes turning into crescents.

"Are you kidding?I don't hate you.Sure,you lied but it's okay.I think androids are cool! Besides...",he cupped Jaemin's face so the boy would look directly at him, "You're still that cute and sweet Jaemin I love".His words earning a beautiful smile from the android.