6.

Metal Heart

The next day,Jeno decided to take Jaemin out to another date since the last one didn't go that well.They went to the carnival near the school by Jaemin's suggestion. The place,as expected, was crowded with sweaty people and the two kept bumping into people by accident but the two didn't mind as they were busy talking to each other.At one point,Jaemin almost got pushed backwards by someone bumping into his shoulder so Jeno instinctively held Jaemin's hand and pulled him closer to him.Jaemin looked at their hands and intertwined their fingers together,a shy smile coming on his face.

The lines to the rides were extremely long so they decided to get some cotton candy and play the small games first.

By the time they finished their cotton candy, the lines had gotten shorter.Jaemin pulled Jeno to the roller coaster,excitement in his eyes, "Let's ride this one",he told him.Jeno looked up at the ride Jaemin was talking about.The falls were really steep and in the middle of the ride, a 360 spin.He gulped.Jaemin saw the nervousness in Jeno's face and squeezed Jeno's hand, "If you don't want to,it's fine.We can ride something else",he said comfortingly.Jeno melt at Jaemin's sweetness but he can't afford to look like a scaredy cat in front of the boy he has feelings for so he quickly composed himself, "No,I want to ride this".Jaemin looked at him,unsure so the other added while putting his arm around Jaemin's waist, "who else is going to hold you if you get scared".At that,Jaemin rolled his eyes.

They finally got their turn riding the roller coaster.Jaemin bringing them to the very front seat and they buckled their seatbelts before the ride took off. The wind slapped their faces as the roller coaster dashed on its tracks.Jaemin screamed in joy as they made to the 360 spin,one hand raised up and the other hand down as Jeno firmly held it close to his chest with eyes squeezed shut.When the ride finally came to a stop,Jeno was finally able to let go of Jaemin's hand.His face looked like it aged 50 years,a contrast to Jaemin's cheerful one. The android saw how Jeno got off the ride silently with wobbly legs and immediately felt bad.

"You know you didn't have to get on the ride with me if you're scared.I could manage on my on",he told him when they were walking on the pavement aimlessly.Jeno shakes his head, obviously disappointed at himself for showing an embarrassing side of him in front of Jaemin,"But I want to...What kind of a boyfriend am I if I let you go alone?",he stared at his feet.

Jaemin was silent for a while before speaking out, "boyfriend?",he blushed. Jeno looked at him panicky when he realised what he just said, "Are we too early that?".Shoot,did he freaked him out? He was going to apologize but Jaemin beat him to it when the android cupped his face and landed a kiss on Jeno's lips and Jeno opened his mouth to give better access.He felt a fluttering feeling in his chest as the kiss made the noise around him drown out as he only focused on kissing the boy back.When they pulled away,all Jeno could see was how the sun shines on the other's head making it looked like the boy had a halo on his head and the way he smiled beautifully at Jeno.

"Nope.I was waiting for you to say that",said Jaemin.

 

...

 

The next day,Jaemin couldn't focus in class as he could only think of a certain eye smile boy.The lunch bell finally rang as students start to crowded the hallway to the cafeteria.He sat on his usual seat beside Haechan with a cheerful mood.

"Hello my dear friends!"

Haechan,Renjun,Chenle and Jisung looked at him weirdly.It was Haechan who spoke, "You look happy today.Something happen? Wait,let me guess! Is it about Jeno?"

"Yup.I finally got the guts to kiss him properly",he said proudly.

"So you guys official now?",asked Renjun.Jaemin nods before realising, "Hey where is Jeno anyway?"

"He had football practice. Couldn't make it to lunch",Haechan shrugged.After a while,they finished their lunch and each went to their own classes.Jaemin was walking to his class when he remembered that he forgot his pencil case and turned back around to his locker to get it.The hallway was already empty and quiet as everyone had gone to class.Jaemin could hear his own footsteps echoing but then he heard something else.Voices.Familiar ones.

He turned around a corner and was met with a shocking and painful sight.He saw Jeno and Chaeri together,kissing.He felt his eyes started to get wet.

"Jeno?"

The two stop kissing to turn and look at the boy in front of them.

Jeno's eyes widened, "No Jaemin it's not what you think! I-". Before he could finish,Jaemin was already running away.He couldn't take any more of it.He heard Jeno's voice calling out to him and footsteps coming closer from behind him so he ran faster and faster out of the school.He didn't care if he's breaking rules and skipping school.He didn't care about anything as he just ran with tears in his eyes.

 

An hour before...

Jeno's pov

"Argh,my feet hurts.Why did coach suddenly announced practice starting early.I didn't even get to see Jaemin at all today",I said to myself.

"Jeno?"

I turned to the voice behind me.It was Chaeri.Anger started to rise in me when I remembered how she played me.

"What do you want?",I didn't bother to make my tone less harsh.She had an apologetic look on her face, "I wanted to apologize."

"Why bother? It's not like I have feelings for you anymore."

"But I do.I missed you,you know"

Yeah right.I looked at her with suspicion, "What are you on about?"

I was frozen in surprise when she leaned forward and kissed me.But I couldn't kiss back.I felt sick in the stomach when I felt her lips on mine.

"Jeno?"

Both of us back away from each other.My stomach dropped.I know that voice.I turned to the voice and sure enough Jaemin was in front of us, his eyes welling up tears.I panicked,

"No, Jaemin it's not what you think.I-"  'I only love you.Only you'.​​ That was what I was gonna say but he ran away before I could finish. I turned to Chaeri, the anger resurfacing, "Stay away from me and Jaemin or I won't make your life easy ever". She backed away from me and I quickly ran to catch up to Jaemin.

"Jaemin wait!"

He ran faster as I struggled to ran after him,my breathing ragged.We were running out of the school and across the street.I didn't take my eyes of his back as I chase him.But I could clearly hear the horns and the screeching tires before I felt it hit me.The impact sent me flying before I landed on the tar road.Strange...I didn't feel any pain in my legs.The last thing I saw was Jaemin's horrified face before I out.

 

Author's note:Sorry for not updating for a while.I got caught up with so much homework.But I'm at home sick today so I managed to write this.

​​​​​

​​​​