3.

Metal Heart

Jaemin needs to learn how to say no.

Because he and Haechan wouldn't be staying a bit late after school volunteering to clean the school's storage room. The dust were so thick he wonders when was the last time someone clean them.

 Haechan looked at the grey cloud-like particles on the shelves in disgust.

"Eww,why did you drag me into this?"

Jaemin shrugs his shoulder as if to say it's not his fault.

"Don't blame me.I didn't know it was this dirty".

The two started to wipe the shelves first.All the while,listening to Haechan's complaints and grumbles of how he would have been home playing his Wii right now if it wasn't for his friend dragging him to this.

After the room looks a bit dust-free they managed to take a breath of clean air,the result of the cloths so dirty it was black.Jaemin squirmed at the amount of dust collected.

"Alright, I'll just go wash these."

The nearest toilet was at the other end of the building (just his luck).The hallways were empty since it was after school,his footsteps causing echos when he finally reached the toilet.Jaemin the tap and scrubbed the dirty cloths.When the cloths looked a lot better he turned off the tap and started heading back to the storage room where his friend was probably muttering curses at him at the moment.

"What are you saying?"

A familiar voice echoed through the halls.Jaemin stopped in his tracks.That sounds like Jeno.He quietly tip toed around a turn and hide behind the wall when he saw two familiar figures that turned out to be Jeno and Chaeri.

"I'm saying I want to break up",Chaeri's eyes were hard like she didn't have any emotions unlike the other who looked like he was about break down.Jeno tried to reach out to her hand but she pulled away.

"Stop.I don't feel anything with you anymore",her voice sounded so distant.Jeno's heart instantly broke but he managed to voice out his thoughts albeit a bit quivering.

"You like someone else,don't you?"

She nodded.

"This isn't gonna work out.Sorry,oppa I gotta go"

And she walked away like it was nothing.When she was out of sight,Jeno leaned against the lockers.His back was slowly sliding down until he was sitting on the floor with his knees buckled to his chest,his head down to try to muffle his cries.

Now,Jaemin won't admit he was eavesdropping (yeah he is) but he can't just let his new friend cry alone after getting dumped.No Jaemin's too kind for that.So he carefully moved closer to the crying boy,not wanting to startle him and slowly sat down beside him while putting on his kindest smile.

"Hey"

Jeno's cries stopped for him to look at the person talking to him.His eyes were glassy and red and his nose runny.Jaemin's heart broke at the sight of a vulnerable looking Jeno.He wanted to do everything he can to make him feel better.

"Wanna talk?"

Jeno's eyes looked hesitant but he managed to let out a croaky voice.

"I thought we were happy"

Jaemin then remembered yesterday's incident.

"Actually I had my doubts of her when I caught her flirting with another guy but I didn't tell you about it.I'm sorry."

Jeno shakes his head.

"It's okay.I wouldn't have believed you that time"

The two were silent.Both couldn't think of anything to say.Jeno stared at the floor, spacing out.Jaemin brought his hand to the other's cheek, it while wiping away the tears.He can feel himself on haywire again when Jeno looks at him with those eyes of his.

What happened next was unexpected.Jeno brought their lips closer till they were locked on each other.Jaemin's eyes widened when he could feel Jeno's soft lips on his.It tasted so sweet that for a second he didn't want it stop until he realised what is really happening before quickly pulling away,his cheeks blushing a deep red.

Jeno though,was taken aback when Jaemin suddenly pulled away and took it as a 'back away' sign.

"I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have done that.I get it if you're angry",his voice quiet and hurt and before Jaemin could say that he's not angry Jeno had already ran away,disappearing out of the hallways.

He let out a sigh.

Jeno just wanted someone to comfort him and tell him it's alright but Jaemin had to back out from him just like his ex-girlfriend did.

"What have I done..."