I'll do it someday

Soundcheck

The sounds of coffee beans grinding occupied my mind as I poured milk into a jar. I adjusted my apron, tightening it up. The machine grounded up the last few coffee beans, the aroma of coffee filled the kitchen. 

"Hey watch the cafe for awhile. I got to pick up some stuff. We'll open the doors when I come back. Take a break or brew some coffee for yourself or something"

I could hear the manager shout from the entrance. I stuck my head out of the kitchen, watching him leave out the front door. The tinkle from the bell was drowned out as the sound of the kettle forced me back into the kitchen. I looked around, Checking on the final prep work before leaving the kitchen, coming out to the counter.

Guess I'll take a smoke in the meantime. 

I sat in one of the smoking booths, pulling out my packet of cigarettes. The taste of tobacco stained my tongue, finally getting my first dose of nicotine for the day. I took a sip of the coffee I brewed, trying to enjoy the break before work starts. I took another puff, the smoke slightly stinging my throat, after roughing it up from singing so hard. My left hand hovered above the hot cup of coffee, letting the steam heat my hand up. It felt soothing, relaxing my hand after the rough guitar playing from last night. At that, my mind started replaying the events of last night. From the live, to the backstage meeting. I could feel the corners of my lips twitching, slightly glad. I finally had a face to relate to the name. 

Mina

The sound of the front door snap me back to reality, the bell ringing loudly in the small cafe. I turned to look back, not expecting the manager to be back so early. Instead, a lady dressed heavily in a black padded jacket came in. She had a hood up, covering her face. I raised my right eyebrow, confused by their fashion sense. Guess it's still cold, despite it being spring. More importanly, she was walking up to the counter. Which was empty. 

"Uh excuse me, the cafe's still clo-"

I tried to call out to her, to show her that we were still closed but looking at the direction i was pointing, i had to swallow my words. The shop sign was flipped, indicating that we were in fact open. Dammit. I could only out my ciggarette and downed my coffee. I flipped the sign on the front door while walking up to the counter. Might as well serve her and get it over with. 

"Sorry for that. What would you like to order?"

I leaned against the counter in front of her, looking down at the menu waiting for her to choose. She stood there for a second or two, looking at the menu. My eyes glanced up, looking at her in the face. She had her face mostly hidden behind a mask and huge sunglasses. The only thing i could notice was her short blond hair. For some reason it seemed familiar to me. As luck would have it, she took her sunglasses off, looking up to me to ask me a question. The moment we had eye contact, she let out a small Ah. 

"Ah, From yesterday!"

It took me awhile to realise she was talking in korean, too early for my brain to translate that quickly. She took off her mask, a slight smile on her face. She had her fingers pointing to her face, as though telling me it's her. 

"Ah.... From Twice....Uh"

I tried racking my brain, trying to remember her name. She was the one with short hair, one of the taller ones. Crap... What was it.

"Jooyeon?"

"Close enough HAHAHA It's Jungyeon"

"Ahhhhh I'm sorry. I'm just really bad with names."

"Its cool, Its cool, you probably only remembered Mina anyway."

That caught me off guard. My eyes looked away for a split second, not able to hide the surprise. Thankfully, I got over it quickly. 

"Wow, you can really keep a poker face."

"Much appreciated. So what brings you here?"

She had this smirk growing on her face, as thought amused that I was trying to move on with the subject. Well then, if that's the case.

"I'm just getting coffee for me and some of the members before our schedules. Mina included."

She tilted her head as she said that, as though poking some sort of reaction out of me. I merely nodded, as though i was not too interested.

"Well, i didn't know you worked as a barista"

"It's a side job. Got to pay the bills while I'm not performing."

This girl had her arms folded, as she looked back at the menu, deciding what to get. Her smirk was gone but it still kinda irked me. Two can play that game, ya know.

"So what would you like? Coffe? Tea? Ami?"

I looked dead in her eye, a smirk of my own growing on my face.