The one you want to talk to right now

Soundcheck

"Ugh that was a long interview"

Dahyun slumped into her seat, a long sigh escaping . She had her eyes closed, her eyebrows wrinkled as she frowns. Despite her easygoing nature, the girl does love to grumble lately. Doesn't help that she doesn't speak a of japanese. I leaned back in my seat, turning my attention to Tzuyu in front of me. She was leaning against the car window, her eyes drifting in and out of sleep. We were finally done with our last schedule for the day, and sun was already setting. The bustle of Tokyo was at its peak, as rush hour hit and people were bustling to get home. It was only our 2nd day in Japan but I already felt at home. Certainly didn't feel any different from Seoul at this time of the day. 

"Yo Jungyeon, meet me in the lobby later, in an hour"

Nayeon whispered into my ear from behind. I turned around to see her putting her finger to . Guess that means our managers don't know about it. Which means we're already breaking the rules on our second day. I could only sigh and lean back, closing my eyes and letting the sway of the van lull me to sleep. I'll just go along with it. 

****************

I pulled my hoodie up as I came out of the elevator. The smell of my toothpaste stung my nose as I breathed into my mask. I left the lobby and out onto the hotel steps, and found the rest there huddled in a group. 

"Only the 3 of you?"

I approached the three of them, pulling down my mask. Jihyo looked up from her phone while Nayeon ignored me and continued staring at her phone. She was turning it around over and over, as though she was looking at a map. She probably was. 

"Yeah just you, me, Nayeon and Momo."

"And where are we going?"

Momo and Nayeon started walking away, finally figuring the right direction to go apparently. Jihyo and I merely looked at each other and followed along. I turned to look at Jihyo again, who was too busy looking at her phone to notice.

"So?"

She turned to me with her eyebrows raised, as though asking me 'what'. I shot back with my own raised eyebrows before pointing to the two idiots ahead of us.

"Momo found this real nice bar i think and she said she wanted to go there today to relax. They have live bands there apparently, its why i asked you to come along. You love live bands don't you."

I stuffed my hands into my pockets, nodding my head, She's not wrong, i do enjoy watching live bands. It was a long 2 days and i guess some booze wouldn't hurt.

"What bout Sana and Mina?"

"They might join us later. You know how Sana is with her showering times. Mina knows the place apparently, so she's going to bring Sana over later"

I took out my mask again, putting it on to shield my face from the cold, and to hide the sigh of frustration. If those two are coming, that'll just means the chances of getting caught is higher. I'm in a group of idiots. 

************

I took a sip of my booze, leaning against the seats of our booth. Momo was munching on churros while Nayeon and Jihyo were swaying to the music. I wasn't too excited about the band playing, a group of teenagers covering a bad rendition Paramore. Even the other patrons weren't too excited about them, only a couple of girls standing by the stage.

 I slipped my sleeves back, trying to check the time in the dark. It was only 8:30 and I was already regretting my decision to come. I looked up and made eye contact with Momo. Her eyes were still sharp, as sharp as her eyes could be anyway. Guess she's still sober. I could only continue drinking, knowing once Momo starts drinking, she won't be satisfied till she gets dead drunk. 

"Let's give it up for Los Fuegos! Now, our last act for the night, The Redbones!"

I nearly choked on my beer when i heard that name. My eyes grew wide as screams rang throughout the bar. Both men and women started leaving their booths and chairs to come up to the stage. I looked around my table, as the other girls realised what was happening and who was performing. 

"Yo Jungyeon, isn't that the band you were into like a couple of months ago?"

I could barely hear Jihyo, ears straining from both the screams, and the shock that I was going to hear one of my favourites performing live. I saw Momo run out of our booth, a second late to remember that she was just a big of a fan as I was. 

"Good evening everyone, We are The Redbones!"