Music with a friend who's like a brother

Soundcheck

The sound of the morning news crept into my ears, slowly filling up the silence in my room. What little listlessness left from my sleep was slowly ebbing away as the smell of eggs and toast tingled my sense of smell. 

"Yo get up! We gotta go meet the twins soon!"

I could here my housemate, Jun, calling for me from the kitchen. I could only lie on my back, turning to look at the ceiling. My mind filled with nothing, as I stared at the small black spots on the ceiling as though they were clouds in my own room. The sound the news anchor drifting in and out of my ears, my mind not conscious enough to understand what he was saying, too lazy to translate the japanese to a more familiar language. The smell of eggs numbed my senses, totalling shutting down my brain as the last bit of the news gets cut off, something about a new group and sales. How lucky....

 As my mind drifted off to nowhere again, my eyes turned hazy, loosing focus once again when something soft hit me in the face.

"GET UP DICKWAD!"

"I'M UP!"

*******

"Saw you were writing some new songs last night"

The last bit of eggs went into his mouth as he questions me, mouth still full from the rice he had. I downed the last bit of milk I had before picking up my dishes.

"Yeah, I'm thinking we need at least 3 new songs before the tour in Kyoto. Just enough for a small mini-album for us to make before the next recording. Still stuck on the melody line tho. Can't seem to get anything right"

"Just send'em over to me tonight. I'll look through'em after the live tonight."

I picked the last piece of toast, biting the edge and letting it hang as i tried on a pair of socks while Jun continued watching the news, sipping his coffee. 

"Must be fun to be an idol. Their albums sell like hotcakes and they have an agency to take care of'em"

"Feemth fmore lith ith a paing wif no fweedum"

"What?"

I bit off the toast, trying to chew quickly.

"Seems more like its a pain, with no freedom"

" Yeah well I'd rather have limited freedom but all-expenses paid than struggling in this apartment with you"

". Let's go. We gotta get the equipment set up. You sent the details to the twins yet?"

Jun merely waves his phone in the air, his eyes still fixed on the tv, watching a girl group and their new MV. I just sighed and put on my jacket. 

"Come down in 5 or im leaving without you"