Bath Salts

Soundcheck

"Good job out there guys. By the way, you've got some guests here to see you guys!"

We stood out in the corridor as the Pub Manager introduced us. I could hear their voices get quiet for a second, a stark difference from the bickering before.

"Come on in."

We walked in, unsure what to expect. i could feel my heart beating right in my ears, somehow feeling a tad nervous. Guess this is what the fans feel like during our meet-and-greets. We stood side by side in a line in front of the door. The manager merely gave a smile and a nod before leaving us alone with the band. 

"Hello. We are-"

"UWAH! Aren't you that Twice girl group?!"

Before Jihyo could finish her sentence, the drummer cut in,surprised. He had his finger pointed at us, his eyes wide from shock. 

"Uh, yes. We are Twice. My name is Jihyo, this is Nayeon, Jungyeon, Mina, Sana and Momo."

"Ah yes yes I'm sorry. Nice to meet you. I'm Jun."

The sudden use of korean shook us. I wasn't expecting to hear my mother tounge out here. Our shock must have been pretty obvious cause he just started laughing. 

"I'm sorry, you guys are korean right? I figured you'd be more comfortable speaking in korean."

The drummer, Jun, approached us, his hand outstretched. His exposed arms were sleek, partially wet from the sweat. Despite that, it wasn't really unpleasent. Instead, the glint acentuated his arms, and that definitely made an impression on the girls. 

"This is Seiya and this is Ami. They can't speak korean so you'll have to put up with my basic korean. Our other member is much more fluent than I am but he's kind of somewhere else. I suggest you wait for him."

The Seiya dude came up behind Jun, approaching Momo and Sana while the only girl in the band came up to me and Mina. My eyes were instantly drawn to her. She had her hair tied up in a messy bun, her bangs sweeped to the side, exposing a hint of her forehead. My eyes traveled down her white smooth skin, drawn to her wide brown eyes. Those wide brown eyes instantly disappeared behind a dazzling smile, resembling upturned crescents. She said something to Mina, shaking her hands as I continued staring at those pearly whites. She suddenly turned to me, snapping me out of my stupor. She had her hands out, waiting for me.

"Ju-Jungyeon..."

"I'm Ami."

I could barely stutter my name, still stunned by her... "charms".

"You speak japanese?"

"A little"

I could barely process what she said, my brain shutting down the simplest translating process.

"English?"

My hands shot up, using the universal signal for ' A Lil'. She smiled that flashy smile of hers again and said something that could have meant 'You're good' in japanese or 'Peanuts' in english. At this point, i was a blubbering mess, letting out a bunch of Umms and Uhhhs. Those brown eyes were drilling into mine and I felt the urge to look away, feeling the blood rushing to my head. Instead, my eyes decided to travel downwards instead, to stare at her lips. Those plump, pink lips. I could sense my cheeks turning red, the heat surprising myself. 

"She's quite a fan of yours-"

Thankfully Mina stepped in, speaking in her mother tounge. Ami switched her attention to Mina, evidently glad that someone was speaking. I didn't realise my my teeth were clenched in nervousness, and maybe jealousy. 

Man I wish I could understand them.

"She said she was happy that you're a fan of hers. She asked how we knew about her and the band. What was it again?"

It took me awhile to realise Mina was talking to me, still distracted by my thoughts. I turned to Mina, and then back to Ami and the first thought that came to my head

Your face.

I shook my head, literally, and started looking around the room, spotting the guitar leaning against the wall. I pointed to it, and tried to translate the words in my head.

"Guitar. I'm a fan of your guitar playing."

"Oh wow thank you! Your japanese ain't half bad"

She shot two thumbs up for me, that smile again plastered on her face. She turned around to pick her guitar up, probably wanting to show it off.

"Liar"

I could hear Mina whisper under her breath, patting the small of my back before walking behind Ami. I tried biting my tounge, not wanting to say something in case I say something wrong.

"Oh hey you're back!"

Jun called out to someone behind me, waving him over to him, Nayeon and Jihyo. I turned to see the frontman coming in from wherever he was, a towel draped over his head. He seemed so much taller up close, towering over almost everyone in the room. He scanned the room quickly, assessing the situation quickly in his head. Jun suddenly switched to english, probably telling this guy the situation. He was still scanning the room, looking in my direction this time. I couldn't see his eyes behind that messy fringe of his but I decided to give him a slight nod. He nodded back before taking the towel off his head and hung it on his shoulder. He slicked back his fringe before finally laying his eyes on Mina and Ami. In an instant, i could see a hint of surprise flash on his face before turning into something i recognized. A look that was so familiar.. He looked back at me, finally having eye contact, and for a second, we understood each other. He knew i knew.

He turned back to Jun before standing straight, his hands by his sides. 

"Hello, thank you for your support, Its a surprise for us to have people of your calibre as fans. Please continue supporting us"

He gave us a deep bow, speaking in surprisingly fluent korean. I could hear Nayeon let out a small wow before Jihyo stepped up to shake his hands. 

"We heard from Jun that you guys are going to perform in Kyoto on the 24th. It just so happens that we're celebrating one of our members birthday, Mina on that day, and we'll happen to be in Kyoto at that time. If it's alright with you, would it be fine with you if we celebrate it at your venue?"

When Jihyo mentioned Mina and motioned to her, I saw him take a glance at her, the same look of subtle infatuation in his eyes. It was almost nonexistent behind that near perfect poker face. 

"Uh yeah sure. If it's fine with you guys. Here's the managers contact and you could probably book yourself a booth for yourselves on the second floor."

He pulled out a sleek black card from his wallet, passing it over to Jihyo. They started talking about managers and details, turning me off from the conversation. I turned around to face Mina and she had that same smile she had when she teased the members, aimed at me this time. Ami was standing next to her, her hands in her pockets and her pearly whites exposed. 

**********

"It was nice meeting you guys. See you guys on the 24th!"

We all stood outside the bar, the band standing by their van. I had my eyes on Ami, who was laying her guitar case in the van. She turned around, noticing me staring at her before smiling at me, waving her hands. I put my hand up, barely waving. 

"Geez try not to grin so much."

Mina stood next to me, waving her hands while she whispered that diss under her breath. I didn't realise i had such a grin carved onto my face. My hand flashed down to my mouth, covering that dumb grin of mine. I turned to Mina, who had her own beaming smile plastered on her face. I looked over in her direction, landing on the frontman who was leaning against the truck, cigarette in mouth. He had slight crack of a smile on his face, his hand up slightly waving.

"Speak for yourself yeah"