Back to Daegu

Started With A Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Taehyung -

24 December 2017

I look at my watch. It's currently 6 in the morning. The sky is still in a dark blue shade almost black indicating that the sun hasn't rise yet. Right now, I'm in front of Jisoo's apartment, waiting for her to get ready. I've promised her before and today, we will be going back to Daegu. I'll be lying if I say that I'm not nervous or excited at all.

The door burst open revealing Jisoo. "I'm ready! Let's go!" A wide grin is painted on her face. She seems to be excited or is it just me being delusional? She's wearing a long beige coat paired up with a black jeans and a pair of boots. Her neck is being wrapped with a thick scarf and she also wears a beanie on top of her head.

We walk to the guard house to catch a taxi. As soon as we manage to get one, we load the taxi's boot with our luggage and get into the back seat.

"KTX station, please." I tell the driver. Nodding his head, the taxi starts to drives off leaving its trail behind. Jisoo starts to lean her head on the window and closes her eyes. She's probably going to take a short nap as her sleep was destroyed too soon today.

I look outside the window. Everything passes by really fast as if I'm travelling through time. The dark blue sky still freckles with stars but after almost an hour passes by, the sky is starting to get a lighter tone and the stars start to fade away.

We finally arrive at the train station around 7.08 a.m. Sensing the car isn't longer motioning, Jisoo wakes up from her quick slumber. 

"Have we arrived?" She mumbles.

I pay the taxi's fare and look at her. "Yup. Let's go." I tell her.

I open the door and she opens the opposite door, right next to her. We get out of the taxi and take our respective luggage.

"Our train is on 7.30. We still have some time left. Do you want to grab anything for breakfast?" I ask her and she nods her head as a reply.

We walk towards the convenience store located in the station to have our breakfast. She picks a chocolate bun from the shelf and a banana milk from the cooler. I take a kimbap and an orange juice. 

"Let me pay for yours too." She suddenly proposes.

"It's fine." I reject her proposal.

"You've paid for the taxi's fare and that cost much more than these, so just let me pay for these ones." She takes the kimbap and the bottle of the juice from my hand and tread towards the counter. Looks like she won't take another 'no' as an answer.

I shuffle towards the counter too, approaching her. She already paid all of the things. "Here." She gives back my kimbap and my orange juice. She flashes her victory smile.

We take a seat on a bench to eat our food. I eat my kimbap while she nibbles on her bun. I look at her and I accidentally let out a chuckle.

She catches the sound of my chuckle and turns at me with a frown. "Why are you laughing out of nowhere?" 

"Haha sorry.. I can't help it when I see how the bun is almost as big as your face." I try to suppress my laughter.

She looks at the bun and tries to compare it with her face by putting it side by side with her face. Then, she looks at her phone's screen to see her reflection.

"Wow this bun really is big! It can cover most of my face!" She exclaims from amusement. A smile appears on my face. Then, we continue eating our breakfast in silence.

"Ah! It's almost 7:30! Let's go now." I hurriedly finish my kimbap after looking at my watch. She also starts to take a bigger bite of her bun. As soon as we finish our food, we walk as fast as possible to the platform.

Shortly after we reach the platform, our train arrives. We enter the train and look for our seats that are located at the first class. We place our luggage at the compartment.

"It's here!" She beckons me towards her. She sits beside the window while I sit beside her, near the aisle. The train will take around 1 hour and 40 minutes for us to arrive at Daegu. 

After it seems like all the passengers have aboard, the train begins to rattle as it moves. The platform that we were there minutes ago have been left behind. 

"I can't wait to visit your family but at the same time I'm feeling so nervous too!" Jisoo suddenly exclaims. "What if I become a burden to your family? What if I don't meet the expectation of your brother? He'll be disappointed. What if your parents don't like me? What if your sister hates me?" She spits out all of her worries, one after another in a single breath. 

Wow! She really worries a lot. I let out a laugh listening to her concerns and because of that I receive a deathly glare from her and a slap on the shoulder.

"Don't laugh! I'm being serious right now!" She frowns.

"Sorry, but I told you not to worry, didn't I? I've already informed my family about you tagging along and coming to visit. They are all very happy to hear that so no need to worry so much." I try to ease her uneasiness.

Hearing what I said, she sighs in relief. "I hope so." She mutters softly. Then, it becomes silent. Both of us have lost in our own thoughts.

I stare outside the window to see the sky is beginning to be tinged with pink and orange tone. The sun comes out of its hiding, beaming its bright, warm light, replacing the moon's luminosity. The blinding sunlight that radiates through the window gleams on Jisoo's face causing her to squint. Her face and features shimmered and glittered with light making her seems ethereal.

I can see her eyes start to get heavier. As her consciousness ebbing away, her head leans against the window before finally giving in to her exhaustion. Her eyes finally shut close.

The train shudders causing her head bouncing lightly against the vibrating window. It looks uncomfortable for her to sleep like that so I place my palm softly in between her head and the window to prevent her from continuously knocking her head. I lift it up slowly so that I won't wake her up. I place her head on my shoulder. 

She wriggles her head a little bit trying to get used to my shoulder and then stop when it seems like she's getting comfortable. Seeing that she appears to be comfortable on my shoulder, I take out my earphones and plug the cord in my phone. I bring the earphones up to my ears and shove the former in.

I tap on my Spotify app and pick Henry sunbaenim's song, 'It's You'. The music roams in my ears and I shut my eyes close hoping to be immersed in my own world. Without me realising, as the time passes by, we are nearing Daegu already.

 

----

 

- Jisoo -

I flicker my eyes open when I hear a soft voice wakes me up.  "Jisoo, we're almost there."

When my eyes are fully open, I realise something is strange. My head isn't against the window anymore. In fact, it's on Taehyung's shoulder. When did my head shift its place?

"Sorry for sleeping on your shoulder. I didn't notice that my head has shifted when I was asleep." I apologise to him. He must have been uncomfortable the whole time

"Nah.. it's fine." He shows me his smile. Seeing that he is not upset about it, I feel relieved.

The train finally stops rattling the moment it reaches the platform. We finally arrive at our destination, Daegu. 

We get up from our seats and take our bags from the compartment. Then, we march out of the train.

"Ahhhh it feels good to be home." Taehyung exclaims as he breathes out the air. I just smile looking at him. I hope one day, I can also be home with someone to welcome me.

We take the taxi to go to his house. Along our way, Taehyung seems to keep on staring outside the window in silence, capturing the scenery of Daegu with his eyes. I catch a glimpse of him smiling wide. He must have really missed his hometown.

I look at all the things that we're passing by. Everything went by quickly. It shows that we are getting further away from the train station and closer to Taehyung's home. That makes me insanely nervous. I know that he told me that it will be okay, but I just can't help it. I keep on twiddling and fiddling my thumbs out of nervousness.

After almost 15 minutes ride, we finally arrive at our destination. We hop off from the taxi as the driver takes out our bags from the boot. Then, Taehyung pays for the fare even after I insist to pay.

The taxi finally drives away leaving both of us behind. I look at the house in front of me. It's pretty big and nice. It has a beautiful front yard filled with various of pretty flowers.

Taehyung presses the button on the intercom. Then, a middle-aged woman's voice, most likely his mom's can be heard through it. "Adeul! Wait a sec, I'll open the door."

Few seconds later, the door swings open revealing a beautiful middle-aged woman who seems to be Taehyung's mom. "Adeul!!! You're back!!!!" His mom pulls him into a tight hug.

"Do you miss me that much, omma?" Taehyung smiles and hug back his mother. They finally pull away from the hug after it seems that their longingness have been released.

Taehyung's mother then turns towards me. "You must have been Jisoo. I've heard a lot about you from Taehyung. Omo! You're so pretty!" She exclaims.

I bow and greet her. "Annyeonghaseyo, eommeonim." I'm relieved that she seems to welcome me with an open arm.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jisoo-shi. I'm Kang Sohyun, Taehyung's mother." She greets me back.

"Let's go in." His mom ushers us to get into the house. His mom calls for who appears to be Taehyung's siblings as soon as we are in the house. "Hyunjin-ah... Jungwoo-ah.. your brother is home! Come here!"

Soon after that, running footsteps from the upper floor can be heard.

"Oppa!" A girl who looks pretty young, most likely still in her highschool comes down running from the stairs and crashes with a big hug into Taehyung who is standing right in front of the stairs. She doesn't seem to notice me yet as I stand further back from Taehyung.

"Yah!! You pushed me just now!!" Suddenly another voice interrupts Taehyung's and his sister's moment. I look towards the owner of the voice and our eyes had a contact with each other.

The guy who seems to be in his early 20s gasps before covering his hanging jaw with his hand. "Heol!!! Daebak!!! It's Blackpink's Jisoo!!!!! It really is her!!!" He exclaims in disbelief.

Seeing his reaction, a wide smile plastered on my face showing most of my teeth. I bow to him while he is still gasping from the shock.

Taehyung's sister who was hugging him a while ago let go of the hug when she heard what her other brother just said. She sees me over Taehyung's shoulder and gasps just like Taehyung's brother.

"Heol!! Unnie.. you're really really pretty." She compliments me in admiration. My cheeks start to heat up as I received the compliment. "Thank you." I smile at her.

"Yah. Where is your greeting, huh? And who said that you can just drop the honorifics with her?" Taehyung scolds his sister and hit her head lightly.

"Ouch!" She rubs the spot that has been hit. Her lower lips protrude in a sulky pout.

"Hey, don't hit her. She can call me unnie whenever she likes. Right, Hyunjin-ah?" I look at Hyunjin and I catch a sight of a victorious grin being displayed on her face.

"Yup, unnie!" She nods her head eagerly.

"What about me?! Can I call you noona then?" Taehyung's brother's voice appears out of nowhere.

"Of course you can, Jungwoo-ah." My lips form a heart shape hearing his request.

"Yes!" Jungwoo punches his hand up in the air as if he just scored a goal. We all laugh seeing his reaction. I'm glad that he seems to be happy meeting me. Maybe Taehyung was right. It's just me that worried too much.

"Taehyung, Jisoo, go and put your bag in the room and have some rest. Both of you must be tired after the long journey. Hyunjin, show Jisoo the guest room." Taehyung's mom instructs. 

"I'll be cooking a little special for lunch today. Jisoo, do you have anything particular you want to eat?" She asks. 

"No, I'm fine with anything. Thank you for asking, eommeonim." Then, I pull my bag and follow Hyunjin heading to the stairs.

"Let me carry that for you." Taehyung takes my luggage out of the blue.

"It's fine. I can carry it myself. After all, you also have your own bag. It will just make it harder for you." I turn down his help and takes back my bag from him.

"Just let me carry it. My bag is not that heavy so, I'll be fine with it." He keeps on insisting and tries to take the bag from me again but I refuse to let it go.

"My bag is not that heavy too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter