Unexpected Visit

Started With A Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Taehyung -

12 Oct 2017

"Ughhhhh..." I let out a loud groan as I stretch. The warmth of the sunlight that is radiating from my window wakes me up. I take a really deep breath to get some fresh air. "Hahhhhhh..." and I let it out.

It's Thursday and the manager told us that we don't really have any schedule for today. Great! That means I can rest and play games all day! I look at Namjoon-hyung's bed. He's not there. He probably went to get his morning coffee at the cafe nearby.

I get up and trudge to the bathroom lazily to freshen up. Then, I go back to my room to change into clean clothes. I grab my phone and walk to the kitchen. The house is really quiet. Seems like the other members are still enjoying their slumbers.

I look at my phone. It's 10 in the morning. I unlock my phone to see that I've received a message from someone. I tap on the message app and I'm quite surprise to see that it was from Jisoo. It was sent at 8.43 a.m. That's even more shocking. Damn! Since when this girl wakes up that early?!?!

 

From Chichoo:

Taeeeee

Taehyunggg wake upppppp!!!

Do you have any schedule today?? I'm reallyyyy boreddddd :(

To Chichoo:

I don't really have anything today. 

Btw, since when you wake up this early?!

 

It's almost been a month since both of us have become officially friends. Jisoo and I are becoming really close. It first started with small conversations via text messages and we kinda hit off pretty well.

There have been a few times when we hanged out together. Most of the times were with other friends too, like her groupmate, Jennie, BtoB's Sungjae, Twice's Nayeon, Got7's Jinyoung and etc. There were only two times that we actually hanged out with just the two of us.

The first time was when we accidentally bumped into each other at a convenience store. I was standing behind her while waiting for her to pay. Both of us were wearing a cap to prevent others from recognizing us. Her face was partially covered because of the cap. That's why I didn't realise it was her at first. 

She was paying when the cashier told her that she was short of a few cents. From behind her, I could actually see how she was feeling troubled as she took out her pouch to see if she had any small change but to no avail.

I was contemplating whether to help her or not. I wanted to help but I was kind of worried that she will recognize who I was. After hesitating for a few seconds, I decided to help her.

I put the money on the counter while lowering my cap. She turned around and slightly bowed to me. She didn't seem to recognize me and I was relieved. She then muttered a small 'Thank you' and that was when I realised it was her. 

I raised my head up and called out her name. She was pretty surprised at first but then she realised it was me. We then talked to each other along our way back until we needed to go to our seperate ways.

The second time was when we went out to the cafe to have some drinks and pastries. She was the one who asked me out since she kept on whining that she was craving for some cinnamon rolls and iced chocolate. She said that everyone was busy and there was no one that could accompany her except for me.

After a lot of begging from her (not that I played hard to get), I finally agreed. We met at the cafe and thankfully, there weren't a lot of people. She went and ordered what she was yearning for while I ordered an iced americano and a slice of apple pie. 

We talked a lot about ourselves to get to know each other better. We talked about our hobbies, families and whatsoever. We found out that we actually shared the same interests which are playing games and reading books, to be more specific, comic books.

'Ting'. The sound of my phone's notification knocks me out of my flashbacks. There is a reply from Jisoo. I tap on the message.

 

From Chichoo:

So what are your plans for today other than rotting off doing nothing?

And btw I DO wake up EARLY! well, at least some of the times..

 

I chuckle to myself seeing her reply. I open the refridgerator to find a carton of milk. I take the milk out of the fridge and pour it into the glass that I just grabbed from the shelf. Then, I reply to her message.

 

To Chichoo:

Hahahahaha

I'm not really sure.

Probably gonna spend my day off playing some games at the dorm.

 

I drink the milk when she replies my message.

 

From Chichoo:

Hmmm seems fun. Do you mind if I come over to play too?? :))))

 

"PFFFTTTTT!!!" I choke on the milk and spit it all over the counter! If anyone saw that, they would probably think that the milk was spoiled.

"!" I mutter to myself. I go to look for tissue to clean up the mess that I've made.

After I have wiped off the counter clean, I reply to her previous message.

 

To Chichoo:

Well, I don't really mind...

but does your manager even allow you to do that?

From Chichoo:

Not really hehe.

I'll just tell him that I'll be visiting my dad

After all, my house is actually quite near to your apartment.

To Chichoo:

It's up to you then

But if you get caught lying, I won't take any responsibility :p

From Chichoo:

Fine :p

I'll be there in 15 minutes.

 

I observe the clock that is hanging on the living room's wall and then I look around the living room. On the coffee table, there are some dirty mugs and a bowl of unfinished popcorn that was left from yesterday when we were watching a movie. Several magazines and comics are scattered on the sofa. Cushions are all over the floor.

'It's okay there's still time to clean up!' I try to convince myself.

With the speed of light I grasp all the mugs and the bowl and bring it to the sink. The unfinished popcorn is sent to the trashland or better known as the trash can. I wash all the dishes until they are squeaky clean.

After that, I collect all the magazines and the comics that are lying around on the sofa and put it back on the book shelf. The cushions are set back to their original places.

Then, I look at the the entrance. Shoes are everywhere. People can even barely walk past through the entrance. I pick up the shoes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter