The Preparations

Started With A Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- Taehyung -

12 Oct 2017

"WE'RE GOING TO DO A SURPRISE PARTY FOR JIMIN, TONIGHT!" Namjoon-hyung exclaims filled with thrilled and excitement.

"Surprise party?" I ask.

"Yeah. A surprise party since tomorrow is his birthday. This morning, Jimin, Jungkook and I went to the amusement park. We were supposed to spend the whole day there but I excused myself saying that I need to go back early. I told them to just enjoy theirselves and continue without me. Well, of course it is just a part of the plan. I told Jungkook to keep him busy the whole day so that we can prepare for this party."  He explains everything to us.

Well that explains why Jimin and Jungkook are not here right now. 

"Where is this party going to be held at?" Jin-hyung queries.

"Well, this is my plan. The party will be held here. It will just be a small party with close friends. I'll be in charge of the guests. Jisoo, you are included in the guest list if you were wondering." Namjoon-hyung tells Jisoo teasingly.

"Wow. I didn't expect to be invited. I thought you were going to let me hear all this and kick me out later." She says sarcastically and everyone bursts into laughter.

"Hey, at least I'm giving you the honour to invite your other members too." He continues.

"Now, that's a surprise. Thanks. I'll ask them later." She says sincerely this time.

"Hoseok and Jin-hyung will be in charge of the food. You guys will need to order food for this party." Namjoon-hyung points at both of them.

"Alright!" They say simultaneously almost as if they have read each other's mind.

"Yoongi-hyung, you'll be in charge of the cake." He carries on. Yoongi-hyung just nods in response.

"Lastly, Taehyung. You are needed to buy the decorations. After you buy them, we will decorate the apartment together." He tells me about my task.

"Okay then." I answer nonchalantly. It's not that much of a hard work to buy the decorations. I think the gift shop that is a few walks away from here sells various kind of decorations. Maybe I can buy them from there.

"Ah! I almost forgot! Jisoo, you can follow Taehyung to buy the decorations. And make sure not to get caught by other people." Namjoon-hyung cuts off my thoughts.

"Alright!" She replies enthusiastically. A smile creeps onto her face. 

"Well, that settles it." Namjoon-hyung ends the discussion. With that, everyone disperses from the living room.

 

----

 

"How many packets of balloons do you think we need?" Jisoo turns to me while holding some packets of balloons.

"Three packets maybe." I give her a suggestion and she doesn't think much and just agrees.

Right now, Jisoo and I are at the gift shop to complete our assigned task. The store is actually pretty near the apartment but it is a bit secluded so people rarely come here. Only those who lives nearby that usually come here.

"Ughhh" I can hear the sound of Jisoo's groan. I turn to her and see that she is struggling to get the silly string sprays that are allocated on the very top of the shelf.

I walk closer to her and grab one of the sprays from behind her. Feeling my presence behind her, she turns her body around swiftly just to be met with my chest.

She gives me that upward look again. I glance down at her and we were staring at each other for a second before I knock her head lightly with the spray.

"Ouchh!!" She exaggerates.

"Idiot. If you couldn't reach it, you could have just call me." I scold her, not really in an angry manner tho.

"I was really close to grabbing it." She says with a pout while still rubbing her head.

"Yeahhhh suree..."  I say.

"Let's buy the birthday party hats!! It will look cute on everyone!!" She suggests.

"No! Seriously, how old are you?!" I object her suggestion.

"Older than you for sure." She sticks her tongue out. I shake my head at her but still, I can't help myself from smiling at her childish behaviour.

"Let's just buy at least oneee for Jiminnn... Pleaseeeeeee...." She begs me and gives me those puppy eyes, still not giving up on those hats.

I let out a soft sigh. "Alright, fine. But just one, okay?" I surrender. 

"Yeayyyy!!!" She cheers as a symbol of victory.

I look in the basket. We've already got some packets of balloons, a few cans of silly string sprays, a banner that says happy birthday, some party poppers, party blowers and a party hat for Jimin. 

"Looks like we've got everything." I tell Jisoo.

"Not yet." She replies. Huh? What does she mean by that?

"We haven't chosen anything as a gift for Jimin." She continues. 

"Well...I've actually bought him a gift weeks ago." I don't know why I sounded guilty saying that.

"Really?! If that so, that means I haven't chosen anything as a gift for Jimin." She changes her statement with an emphasis on the word 'I'.

"What are you planning to give him?" I ask.

"I don't really know. What do you think will be good?" She answers my question with another question.

"Hmmm shoes or maybe a watch?" I suggest to her.

"Shoes seem nice.. but I don't know his size." Her face clearly shows her disappointment.

"I know." If her face was showing disappointment just now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter