TELL ME

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

Jungkook stretched his body and woke up. He suited himself with his working outfit and put on some gloves to protect his hands from any scratches from the firewood he will gather. But of course, sometimes, despite being careful, he would still hurt himself.

Jungkook did ten rounds of jumping jacks and three rounds of each stretching activities. He then proceeded to a 100-count curl-ups. As he finished doing his morning exercise, he went to get himself a cup of cold water.

Jungkook walked further, carrying a torch on one hand to light his way from the still dark path of the dusk. There were enough well-aged trees to be cut off for firewood. Using only an axe, Jungkook chopped it down in three blows, then made more pieces out of the trunk.

Going downhill is easy but going uphill with firewood on both hands is not. He has to maintain his balance and sometimes, sweat would cover his eyes. It was never easy.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook”

Someone called out. He was about to lift his head and face the person who called him but there was a louder voice that shouted

"Yah, Kook! Just stay"

*

Jungkook opened his eyes with cold sweat. His heart is beating so fast, almost suffocating. He slowly got up and as quietly as possible not to wake Jimin up, though his hyung sleeps on the other bed in this room, and he got himself a glass of cold water.

"That was a strange dream"

Jungkook mumbled to himself. He got back to bed and tried his best to sleep again but falling into the arms of lullabies didn't work. So he stood up again and opened the window, letting the cold breeze of 3am kiss his face.

Jimin silently looked at the younger. With the ruffling of the sheets he was awakened. His eyes were peacefully looking at Jungkook's back, slightly trying to get what's Jungkook is thinking. 

'Probably his whereabouts', Jimin thought. It's the very first time he ever lived with someone who lost his memories. He encountered yes, but not to this extent.

Bothered by his own thoughts, Jimin decided to get up which called Jungkook's attention.

"Did I wake you up, hyung? I'm sorry"

Jungkook apologized which made Jimin hissed.

"Nah"

Jimin replied shortly and he got himself a drink as well

"Let's go for a walk outside"

Jimin suggested and Jungkook happily and with no question, agreed. With their thick jackets and caps, they walked on the streets. Some shops are already opened, preparing for another massive day ahead.

"It's our second day here. What else shall we do?"

Jimin asked. With just a few stops they had yesterday, he already thought that he had toured the whole country.

"Hmmm, trying out their foods? Ah, I remember Taehyung hyung saying this to me before. Japanese food is a must try"

Jungkook said, thinking deeply of the food his hyung mentioned. He keeps on digging on every pocket of his brain while they walk, and finally halted.

"Ah!"

He said. Jimin stopped as well and looked at Jungkook who looks so happy.

"Udon!"

Jungkook said, raising his pinky

"Sashimi!"

This time, he said and raised his ring finger

"Matnani!"

And now his middle finger

"These three are Taehyung hyung's food must-haves"

Jungkook said

"Matnani? Isn't that a Korean term for the noodles with peanuts?"

Jimin asked

"Yes. I forgot it's Japanese name though. But I'll know when I'll see the picture"

Jungkook happily told. Jimin chuckled and ruffled the younger's hair

"Okay. Let's warm up with udon"

Jimin said and they started walking along the streets, trying to find a good restaurant that serves the best udon.

As they entered the best restaurant they could find, maybe due to tired feet as well, they ordered two sets of udon each.

Warming up their stomachs with delicious udon, the sleepiness residing in them disappears.

"Hyung. Can I ask you a question?"

Jungkook said

"You're already asking, Kook"

Jimin replied, almost sarcastic but not offensive

"Why did you become a soldier?"

Jungkook spilled the beans. Jimin smiled sadly, as he remembers his father who taught him the principles that has been his starting point and his everlasting pointers.

"Because of my father"

Jimin shortly replied

"He must be a soldier too"

Jungkook concluded and Jimin nodded

"You know what he said to me?"

Jimin started

"He said, everything here on earth is not permanent. Everyone is entitled to sail away"

He continued and took another bite of the noodles. Jungkook listens attentively as well, looking intently on how his hyung's expression goes.

"That's why I made my own principle - to never be afraid of sailing away. Because being a soldier, I am indeed entitled to that"

Jimin continued

"Do you still want to become one?"

Jimin asked

"Yeah. You look cool in your uniform when we're in the hospital. I'd like to wear one too"

Jungkook responded immediately, without any signs of hesitance. Jimin smirked.

"Is being cool just your reason?"

Jimin interrogated

"I bet I am good at it, hyung. I can be the greatest soldier of Korea. And I might be your superior"

Jungkook said, his head up high and looking mighty

"Really? I'm looking forward then. But hey. What's beneath is a cruel place Jungkook-ah. You don't have to be excited"

Jimin remarked. Jungkook's world slighty stopped. His head felt empty. His smiles became narrow until it faded. His heart beats so fast. He felt dizzy and some ringing on his head echoes within himself. Cold sweat started to come out. His hands became shaky.

'Yah. What's beneath is a cruel place Jungkook-ah. You don't have to be excited'

These words echoed on his mind

"Kook? Yah. You okay?"

Jimin asked but he can't hear his hyung nor can clearly see him. Everything is so blurry. He grasped his head and now he felt the pain, as if his head is being pricked by needles or being hammered hardly.

"Kook? What's the matter?"

Jimin asked, his voice almost filled with panic. Jungkook on the other hand saw people surrounding him on his mind. It was faint, everyone is blurry and the place is hazy, but one person is clear enough for him to see and remember.

"Kook? Yah!"

Jimin called his attention. This time, all the things Jungkook had in mind disappeared. Only his pantings and cold sweats are visible. Lucky him that the restaurant is still empty. Or else he might be named crazy.

"Kook, what's the matter? Are you okay?"

Jimin asked firmly as he sat beside Jungkook and pats his back, trying to comfort him or to just make him calm down to the least.

"Hyung"

Jungkook said, almost not audible to Jimin, kind of a whisper with the tiniest decibels.

"Jungkook-ah"

Jimin said. Jungkook this time faced him and his eyes are welling up. With a blink, his tears fell down.

"Yah. Why are you..."

Jimin couldn't even finish his sentence as Jungkook spoke.

"Jung Hoseok. I remember Jung Hoseok, hyung! He is my hyung too!"

The younger stated and his cries are now joined with smiles. A filling of fulfillment that he is slowly gaining his memories back.

"You did a great job remembering him, Kook. Now don't cry. I'll contact Namjoon hyung to search for Jung Hoseok"

Jimin assured Jungkook. Though he is happy, he still wonders if Jungkook will really stay with them, now that he knows that he also has a family to go back too.

'Maybe, I won't be selfish', Jimin thought as he offers Jungkook a tissue to wipe his tears.

*

"Jung Hoseok. I'll text you the name so that you'll be certain whom you're searching up, hyung"

Jimin said over the phone. Jungkook is fast asleep now and he told Namjoon to search the younger's so-called brother.

"Yah. Jimin-ah. You really don't want me to tell you whose bullet was on Jungkook's side?"

Namjoon responded differently on the line.

"Nah hyung. Save it for later. We'll be back the day after tomorrow anyway"

Jimin insisted, and yet again, Namjoon sighed.

"Why are you sighing so hard, hyung?"

Jimin asked

"Seeing it yourself might hurt you and him, Jimin-ah"

Namjoon said

"What nonsense are you saying hyung? Tss"

Jimin replied, ignoring the warning

"Anyway, Seokjin hyung, Yoongi hyung and I will go to your place after we pick Taehyung up on airport later"

Namjoon said

"Ok. Feel free to use my things. Just don't come into my room, hyung. Don't even dare!"

Jimin reminded