LETTER

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

'Save him'. 'Save him, please'. 'Hyung! Do something'. These words echoed the halls of the emergency room. Taehyung had his tears falling continuously as he keeps on shouting to save Jimin. He regrets the confrontation they had both. But he angers more towards Jungkook, still.

Meanwhile, the younger is in total chaos. His mind is not reacting at all. Seeing the blood covering in his hyung's body made him look like just a statue - not moving at all. Seokjin tried to be calm as possible but his hands shake greatly. How can he call himself a doctor, that's what's running on his head.

"Is this your family member?"

Seokjin's senior asked and he nodded

"Go out and calm that guy who's shouting. I'll take care of him for you"

Seokjin's senior said and he slowly went out and tried to calm Taehyung. Namjoon and Yoongi just rushed in. Yoongi cussed and Namjoon closed his eyes in frustration. Looking from afar is Hoseok watching over Jungkook's reactions. 

So he slowly walked towards his brother and tapped his shoulders. Jungkook turned his head towards him and slowly, his tears finally fell down. Hoseok then realized that the Captain is already someone special in Jungkook's life.

Jungkook's tears went into sobs and then into cries. Seokjin turned his head towards him and signaled Namjoon and Yoongi.

"Jungkook is crying hard. Go and comfort him"

Seokjin ordered. Yoongi and Namjoon obeyed him without any hesitations. But Hoseok wasn't warned at all about the incoming danger.

"Jungkook-ah"

Yoongi called. Hoseok halted and Namjoon's stare is stuck on him, recognizing the guy he was investigating. He is certain, so before Hoseok can run away, he already grabbed his arms and pinned him to the wall.

"Let go of me"

Hoseok said

"Why would I? You're an enemy of this country"

Namjoon said confidently which caught Yoongi and Jungkook's attention. Hoseok gritted his teeth.

"Yah. You are Jung Hoseok, right? You're the one looking for Jungkook"

Yoongi said as he recognized him. Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at Hoseok.

"Jung Hoseok, hyung?"

Jungkook asked but the older only spared him a glance, trying to save Jungkook from the hands of these men, the military.

"Why are you pinning him down, Joon?"

Yoongi asked this time

"He's one of the re--"

Namjoon's words are cut off as Taehyung barged in their conversation together with Seokjin beside him.

"Let him go, hyung"

Taehyung said which made Namjoon confused

"And Jungkook too"

Taehyung continued. The world seemed to stop at that certain moment. Seokjin not having any clues, Yoongi who just grasps the situation, Namjoon who is fighting over his thoughts to let them go or turn them in, Taehyung who is just thinking of Jimin's welfare, Hoseok who is willing to get out of Namjoon's grip and drag Jungkook out, and Jungkook who can't believe his ownself belonging to his hyung's enemy. 

The world seemed to stop, until the call for the need of a defribilator awakened all of them and rushed towards the Captain. Jungkook was about to run too, but Hoseok stopped him and dragged him out of the place without even saying a single goodbye to the older, without even knowing if his hyung is going to be alright. Everything shattered in front of Jungkook's eyes. The world he shortly lived in, he didn't imagine that it is the world he has been fighting over with for the past 21 years.

Hoseok started to drove off the city of Seoul, willing to bring back Jungkook, alive and healthy. He is more than happy now, but he can't show it. A small pinch of pity can be felt in him as he saw sadness in the younger's eyes. But he is determined to keep on driving and bring Jungkook home.

"Am I really one of you?"

Jungkook asked all of a sudden. Hoseok nodded as he noticed Jungkook looking at him. Jungkook hissed, which sounded disrespectful in Hoseok's ears.

"It took me too much to find you. I am the only one believing you're still alive, Jungkook"

Hoseok said

"You should've not made an effort finding me"

Jungkook replied

"They will use you when your memories come back"

Hoseok defended

"Jimin hyung won't do that"

Jungkook replied firmly. Hoseok looked at him intently, trying to calm his ownself from the heated conversation they both had.

"When your memories are back, you will know how cruel that guy is"

Hoseok stated and suddenly stepped on the brakes as a car stopped in front of them, blocking the line of driving. A familiar guy went off and it was Yoongi.

"Hyung!"

Jungkook called out, opened the car's door and ran towards Yoongi's direction

"Hyung, how is Jimin hyung doing? Is he fine?"

Jungkook asked immediately

"Yes, he is. So as you know, that man refuses to die everytime”

Yoongi replied with a little bit of humor though his eyes are only fixed inside the car where Hoseok is still at. He walked his way to it and drag Hoseok out.

"Are you really our enemy?"

Yoongi asked

"Why? Will you jail me? Go on"

Hoseok replied

"Jungkook. What about him? Is he really one of you?"

Yoongi asked the obvious

"I didn't know you are slow on things. I thought soldiers are geniuses"

Hoseok mocked and Yoongi just smirked

"Bring the kid back"

Yoongi said

"Why? What will you do with him?"

Hoseok asked with a furios look on his face, his eyes glaring intently towards Yoongi.

"I'll bring him to you myself after Captain Park regain his consciousness"

Yoongi said and Hoseok hissed

"I don't trust you. Jungkook-ah, let's go"

Hoseok said

"You trusted me once. You can do it twice. You can kill me if I don't keep my words"

Yoongi said

"Hyung"

Jungkook called out

"Can you allow me to see Jimin hyung for the last time? You don't have to make a deal with Yoongi hyung. I'll see him once and I'll go without any complaints"

Jungkook said

"Can I at least do that, Hoseok hyung?"

Jungkook continued to plead. Hoseok looked at him in frustration.

"I'll protect Jungkook from the others. Grant him"

Yoongi said

*

Taehyung was out to buy Jimin some fruits and hisnfood as well to stay at thr hospital, Namjoon went back to headquarters, Seokjin has his round in the hospital. Hoseok waits patiently at the parking lot. Yoongi went to buy what Jungkook asked for. Jimin is fast asleep. And Jungkook silently sits beside his hyung's hospital bed, just looking at his hyung’s face. Only the heart monitor is making the room liven up with its sound. Even the breathings of both man is barely audible.

"Hyung, I'm sorry"

Jungkook finally broke the ice as he said those words, locking his eyes towards Jimin who is unconscious and looking so awful in that situation. But never did the younger thought that. He still sees his hyung as a cool man just sleeping.

Jungkook slowly tried to hold the older's hand. He hesitated numerous of times, but finally decided to hold it for the last time. He stayed like that, trying to talk to his hyung through his mind. Telling him to wake up and be better. Yoongi knocked and went inside, giving Jungkook the paperbag.

"Thank you, hyung"

Jungkook expressed his gratitude and Yoongi patted the younger's shoulder to cheer him up. Jungkook wanted to keep on holding Jimin's hands, so he decided to keep his hands on his hyung. With just one hand, Jungkook unpacked the paperbag and inside there is a pack of glossy paper and a pen. And he tried his best to write with just one hand.

But he had to rewrite for the fifth time now. His tears are wetting the paper and he can't even understand why he has to be born a rebel and be able to meet someone like Jimin. 'Why is life so unfair?', Jungkook asks himself. But of course, no one can answer - not even him to his own question.

"Jungkook, Taehyung is in the lobby. You should go"

Yoongi said as soon as he opened the door without knocking. Jungkook nodded and held back his tears.

'Hyung, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I have to be someone that you're destined to erase in your life - or in the world to be exact'

Jungkook wrote on a tiny piece of glossy paper before shutting the door closed and left.

As the room is filled with silence again, Jimin's heart monitor soared as tears fell down from the  Captain's eyes.

I’m sorry too, Kook’, Jimin said towards himself. The brain really works wonderfully. Even being unconscious, one can still react on the things happening around them.