ICE CREAM STICKS

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

Cold air, warm feelings. Blue sky, pink and orange land. Side by side, Jimin and Jungkook walked in the center of cherry blossom trees. The smell of spring lightens their mood and the warmth of the silence while they walk is even more impossible to fathom by someone else's but only them. 

Both were quite thankful that Taehyung was not around. The silence would've been ruptured by his excited feels. But of course, both thought that Taehyung must've seen the breath-taking beauty of the place.

Slowly walking, Jimin and Jungkook's shoulders brush past each other, causing some chills down their bellies. Jungkook would occasionally smile and Jimin clears his throat from time to time. This moment spent with the younger is indeed relaxing. 

This time, Jimin forgot how stressful his job is. How dangerous everything can be for him every time duty calls. At least, this time, he is given the chance to neglect reality and be indulged in this new world.

The alley of cherry blossom trees now ended and the noise of the honking cars, motorcycles, buses and even bikes on the street once again took away all the calmness the two had a while ago. 

Jimin chuckled and hovered his arms around the younger, only noticing and admitting that he's really much taller than him. Jimin cleared his throat out of embarassment which made Jungkook laugh, showing his beautiful crescent-shaped eyes forming with his laughters.

In return, Jungkook hovered his arms to Jimin's shoulder and the two went to cross the street. They came across an ice cream parlor and the line was a little bit heavy.

"Do you want some ice cream?"

Jimin asked the younger who nodded like a kid. Jimin chuckled and gave some money to Jungkook who immediately run fast and lined up, not wanting to be pushed further by the others. 

Jimin sat outside and waited patiently for Jungkook to return. He thought about his selfishness. Jungkook can remember himself but he must stay with Taehyung. 

That's the next option he has in mind and that sounded better than the last time. He thought that the younger wanted his memories back as well and justice to be served for him, to the one who shot a bullet into Jungkook's side.

"Hyung!"

Jungkook called out and handed one ice cream stick to Jimin

"Thanks"

Jimin replied and Jungkook sat across him on the table. Both having bites on their ice cream sticks, watching passerbys go back and forth the area and the ice cream parlor to be filled with more customers.

"Where do you want to go, Kook?"

Jimin asked. Jungkook looked a bit startled. "Kook", that sounded too foreign in his ears.

"Why? Can't I call you names? I used to call Taehyung, Tae alone"

Jimin defended, Jungkook still lost, ears slowly turning red with eyes wide open.

"Tss. Just answer me, kid. Where do you want to go?"

Jimin said, almost looking pissed but in reality, found the younger a little bit cute with his reaction

"Ah, well, somewhere fun?"

Jungkook hesitated, fanning himself with his shirt and rapidly eating the ice cream to cool down his feels

"Okay. Let's go"

Jimin said and stood up as he threw the now left stick on the trash can. Walking straight ahead of the younger, Jimin received a call from Namjoon

"Hyung, what is it?"

Jimin asked

"The ballistics report came out"

Namjoon said over the line. Jimin nodded, as if satisfied

"The bullet came from a--"

Jimin spoke before Namjoon even finishes his words

"Don't tell me yet, hyung. We'll be back after three days anyway. I'll look into it myself"

Jimin said. Namjoon sighed and agreed to the younger.

"Hey, Kook!"

Jimin called out, startling the younger again with the unexpected name his hyung made for him. Jimin signaled him to come closer and so he did.

As soon as he reached his hyung, Jimin ruffled his hair and smiled towards him. His eyes went missing and his lips curved with a smile, too angelic for Jungkook to decipher if Jimin is really human or not.

"The ballistics report came out. I bet Namjoon hyung already found who shot you. I have no idea yet because I said I'll look into it myself"

Jimin said

"Ah, do you want to come with me and see who it is?"

Jimin added, a suggestion to be exact. Jungkook smiled back as well, his ears now fully red. He can't blame himself if he sees a smile like this. He nodded.

"I'll come with you, hyung"

Jungkook said. Jimin tapped his shoulders

"We're close now to solve your case, Kook. A little more time will do"

Jimin assured the younger. Jungkook just nodded. He felt so happy. How can he describe what's his feeling? The happiness that can't be put in words would be the best that he could say.

And now the two of them paved their way to an amusement park. Jungkook's eyes sparkled. He thought that he never saw one before - more like of an instinct.

Jimin took out his camera and took pictures of the place to show them to Taehyung later on.

"Hyung, what's that called?"

Jungkook asked like an innocent kid as he scratches his scalp in confusion. Jimin had his mouth wide open.

"Wow. I didn't know that amnesia can lead you to forget worldly things' names as well. Anyway, this is a camera, a DSLR camera"

Jimin explained. Jungkook smiled and thanked the older for still letting him know what the thing is called.

"Smile on the count of three"

Jimin instructed before taking a step back and positioned the camera to take Jungkook a photo. Jimin counted and Jungkook smiled cheerfully towards the camera.

"Here. Take a look"

Jimin said and showed it to Jungkook

"Wow. This thing is amazing, hyung"

Jungkook said, full of excitement on his eyes

"Take a shot"

Jimin offered and taught Jungkook what's he supposed to do. So the younger started to capture people, the carousel and the ferris wheel not from afar.

"Keep on taking pictures while we roam around"

Jimin said

"Me?"

Jungkook said, surprised. Jimin just raised his eyebrow, signaling a response of 'yes' to the younger. Jungkook was hesitant but as they walk further, already got the feel of it and enjoyed himself.

"Hyung"

Jungkook called and Jimin looked at him.

"Let's ride that cup thing"

Jungkook said, pointing out his fingers on the ride that looks like a cup - a Fancy Teacups Ride to be exact

"That'll make us dizzy"

Jimin refused. Jungkook pouted a little and Jimin noticed it.

"Fine. Let's go"

Jimin said. Not any longer, the ride started, it was slow at the start, of course, Jungkook took photos of Jimin sitting casually, as if he's in his living room.

"Yah, kook. Put the camera down. The ride will eventually get faster soon"

Jimin said, preparing the younger but in truth, is actually preparing himself for the ride.

"Don't worry, hyung. I'll hold on to the camera firmly"

Jungkook said. Jimin hissed and so the war between him and the teacup finally started. Jungkook started filming their ride, as if like a pro who handled cameras in shaky and world-spinning situations for a long time.

"Ugh. I'm already feeling dizzy"

Jimin muttered, hearable enough for Jungkook to hear and so he chuckled. He focused the camera on Jimin alone and the war was not with the teacup ride, but his uncontrollable smiles.

"Yah! Stop this already"

Jimin said and laughed

"Hyung, there will be more speeds to go, I guess"

Jungkook teased

"Ah! I'm already feeling extremely dizzy!"

Jimin ranted but still laughs at the situation he is in. He spared a glance on Jungkook and was amazed at how the younger still manages to stay still and hold that camera firmly as what he had said a while ago.

"Ahhh!"

Jimin shouted and laughed. His dizziness almost feels like intoxication but kind of a good one. Soon, the ride finally lasted and the camera is still on roll, capturing how the great Captain is losing his balance from a great internal turmoil and mental exhaustion.

"You look funny, hyung"

Jungkook commented and laughed. Jimin threw a glare on the younger and nudged an elbow.

"What on earth are you? You're not dizzy at all?"

Jimin said, wondering on how Jungkook managed all the spins and world-turning, brain-wrecking and vocal chords-breaker teacup ride. Jungkook just laughed back and said

"Ah, you're cute, hyung"

And he chuckled softly enough to make Jimin froze a bit on where he stood. The unexplainable banging of the walls inside his belly made his legs a little bit weak. Their journey at the amusement park continued and ended watching the firecrackers display on a ferris wheel

“Kook”

Jimin called

“What will you do when you’ll have your memories back?”

Jimin asked

“Hmm. I don’t really know”

Jungkook replied, his words are hollow. Jimin cleared his throat before giving the younger a sincere look in the eyes

“Just stay”

Jimin said