CREAMY LATTÉ

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

*

"Can't we just change what's written in our stars? A universe where you and I, is not caged in this ill-fated scenario?"


*

Jungkook was walking calmly and quietly. His mind is blank even if he tried hard to make himself remember all the things thay happened to him all these years, when suddenly, someone pulled him back. 

And that someone slowly puts a coat on his shoulders. His eyes widened. He must be dreaming, but it was not a dream. At all.

"Hyung"

Jungkook could only mouth that certain word

"How can you be so forgetful? It's so chilly at this hour and you're just up with a one-piece sweater"

Jimin commented, almost sounding like a scold. He smiled towards the younger and hovered his arms on the younger's shoulder

"You're memories are haunting you, am I right?"

Jimin asked. Jungkook looked at him with fear in his eyes

"It's okay. I heard, having your memories back is a hard process. You'll be confused, you'll use to wander, you'll be scared"

Jimin said

"But everything will be fine, Kook. Taehyung, and I, will help you cope with it"

He added, leaving a forced smile from the younger

'I am afraid I might be someone you are not expecting, hyung', Jungkook told himself

"Thank you, hyung"

Jungkook replied, contrary to what he had in mind. Jimin smiled back and the two walked around again, under the breeze of the spring wind and the petals of shining cherry blossoms in the early morning sky.

"I wish to come back here, hyung"

Jungkook said

"With you"

He added. Jimin smirked.

"How about Tae?"

Jimin asked

"We three can come together too. Some other time”

Jungkook replied, earning a chuckle from the older

"So, you're saying that we'll travel by ourselves again here?"

Jimin asked the obvious and Jungkook nodded. Jimin ruffled his hair and laughed.

"Okay then. Let's do that"

Jimin said. 'Make sure to stay, Kook. You're not the person I am thinking, so make sure that you have to stay', Jimin told himself.

*
*

"Have you seen this guy?"

Hoseok asks every person who goes around his way. It has been a week that he’s roaming around Seoul to find Jungkook. But the result is still the same. No traces of Jungkook. Anywhere. With a sketch of Jungkook's face drawn by one of his friends in the village, he is still hoping to find Jungkook. At least. Dead or alive.

"Excuse me, have you seen this guy?"

Hoseok asked again, only gaining a no, a 'sorry', and worst is rejection of his questions.

Not from afar, Yoongi noticed him. He is on a break for his duty in escorting the President of South Korea to a courtesy visit to some soldiers who were hospitalized coming from a special mission in Afghanistan.

Yoongi went directly towards Hoseok's direction and he saw that he was trying to find someone.

"Hey, kid"

Hoseok did not face him and was still busy asking people. Yoongi was pissed, so he went to Hoseok and grabbed his shoulders to make him face him.

"Yah"

Yoongi said but only received a glare from Hoseok. Yoongi smirked of the situation.

"Are you finding a family member?"

Yoongi composed himself before asking this question. Hoseok finally softened his eyes and nodded yes.

"I'm a soldier. I can help you look out for your family member. If you don't believe me, my badge would say so"

Yoongi said and pointed on his badge, pinned on the left side of his uniform.

Hoseok looked at his badge. It was real. He is indeed a soldier. So he smirked towards Yoongi.

"No thanks, officer"

Hoseok said and walk pass Yoongi. Yoongi's patience narrowed and grabbed Hoseok's arms. But Hoseok is fast enough to withdraw his arms from Yoongi's grip.

"I don't trust the police. Nor the military. My family issues is my business, not yours, Officer"

Hoseok said sarcastically. Yoongi was taken aback. He realized that there are still people who distrusts them despite every crime and all the saving they made for this country to prosper.

"Let's say I'm not a soldier then. Would you like to drink coffee with me?"

Yoongi offered but Hoseok just looked at him intently. He can't believe that a soldier asked him for coffee

"You look awful asking out people. I think you need a break to work harder. Because you said, you don't want any help from us, you'll have a hard time. At least have some break"

Yoongi stated the facts. Hoseok hissed but Yoongi said

"Yah. Follow me, kid. I'm also taking my break"   

Hoseok just looked at Yoongi's back who's confidently walking and started asking people again after five seconds. Yoongi on the other hand, sensed it and went back to Hoseok.

"Consider this as a tiny help and shout of support on finding your family member. Join me on the café"

Yoongi offered again. But Hoseok continued to ignore the great Major General. So Yoongi had to drag him inside.

"I said I d--"

Hoseok's words didn't find it's ending as Yoongi started to order coffee - two creamy lattés for them.

Hoseok sat still as he faces Yoongi. The General occasionally smiles as he stares at Hoseok.

"Why don't you trust us?"

Yoongi asked as he took a sip of his coffee. Hoseok smiled.

"I was raised up to believe that way. What am I supposed to do?"

Hoseok answered which made Yoongi's eyebrow went up and down for one time. Yoongi just chuckled after he found no words to reply to this stranger.

But his eyed happened to look down on the sketch Hoseok left, not noticing that it was there, very visible to Yoongi's point of view.

"What is your relationship with that kid?"

Yoongi asked, his eyes pointing on the sketch. Hoseok was taken aback and hid it from Yoongi, as if not knowing that Yoongi already had a good view of it.

"Mind your own business"

Hoseok replied which made Yoongi chuckle

"Jeon Jungkook. Isn't that his name?"

Yoongi said confidently. It was definitely Jungkook, he said. Hoseok's eyes widened.

"How do you know my brother? What did you do to him?!"

Hoseok asked, his eyes almost furious.

"One of our troop leader takes care of him for the mean time. That kid lost his memories"

Yoongi stated. Hoseok was about to speak but Yoongi was faster.

"He's in Japan now. The two are having a vacation tour. I guess, they'll be back around 12 noon today"

Yoongi continued

"Ah, what is your name by the way? I can tell Jimin that a family member is looking for Jungkook"

Yoongi said

"How can I trust you?"

Hoseok asked

"Isn't it enough that one of my men took Jungkook in even if he's a total stranger?"

Yoongi argued. Hoseok's eyes softened. He can't deny the fact that a troop leader of their enemy took Jungkook in. And he can't also deny his thoughts that he only took Jungkook because he lost his memories. His brother's life is still at stake. Any minute.

"No, thanks. I'll come by the airport myself"

Hoseok said and stood up.

"Trust us just this once. You are finding your brother anyway. Can't you not sacrifice your principle for him?"

Yoongi challenged Hoseok. His eyes full of confidence that the stranger will took his offer.

"How can I trust you?"

Hoseok asked again the same question.

"You'll know when you'll see your brother"

Yoongi said. The reason he went this far, trying to change this man's perception is that Namjoon never told anyone of them about Hoseok and Jungkook. Only him and Jimin knows.

If Yoongi would've known, Hoseok might be in detention right now. But that's not the case. In this scenario, Hoseok can fully trust this man. And so once, he did, because it is for Jungkook's sake.

*

*Incheon International Airport

"Hyung, where are you? What happened?"

Namjoon said over the phone, his voice is in great panic.

"I'll be out for a moment, Joon. Replace me in the mean time. Don't worry too much. You sound like my girlfriend. Seokjin hyung won’t like that if he heard you. Hang up."

Yoongi said and chuckled after a success on teasing Namjoon. Hoseok overheard his response and his expression looked so disgusted. Yoongi caught his reaction and threw him a glare.

"We've been here for a long time. Jungkook is not coming out of that stupid door"

Hoseok started

"If I caught you lying, you'll be dead"

Hoseok continued, only earning a smack on the head from Yoongi. Hoseok's eyes glared towards him.

"You don't have to complain. There they are"

Yoongi said and looked towards Jungkook's direction. Jimin is tying his shoelaces as Jungkook looks at him.

'Captain Park?', Hoseok mumbled to himself. His eyebrows meet and his conscious mind started to ask questions. Why would their greatest enemy troop leader took Jungkook in? 'He must have something in mind', Hoseok said again to himself.

Yoongi tapped Hoseok’s shoulders, signaling him to come over and walked towards Jungkook and Jimin's direction. Yoongi welcomed the two with a wide smile, showing his white and shiny teeth, and a gummy smile - very cheery.

"Jimin-ah!"

Yoongi said

"What the hell are you doing here, Min Yoongi? I heard you are in an mission?"

Jimin replied. Yoongi hissed.

"Yah Jeon Jungkook. Your brother is looking for you"

Yoongi said

"Brother? Jung Hoseok hyung?!"

Jungkook exclaimed and his eyes widened in excitement. Jimin on the other hand widened his eyes in shock. Yoongi concluded that the man he is with is that guy named Hoseok.

"There he is"

 

So Yoongi turned back to point out to Hoseok's direction.

 

 

But no one was there.