FINAL CHAPTER - THE NOTE

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

The wind brushed off the cherry blossom trees, leaving its petals to fall to the ground, some were even carried by the wind itself. It's too beautiful of a scenery that Yoongi took out his camera and took a picture of it. He took more pictures of the cherry blossoms. From the zoomed in view of one flower on the tree, to the view where it was carried out of the wind, the view that it was falling, the view that it was going along with the wind's command of direction, and the view when it finally hit the cold ground. 

Yoongi slowly moved his camera and captured a pair of feet walking along the alley of cherry blossom petals that fell. His shot went up higher and took more photos of two men walking side by side. They looked so happy that he can't move his eyes from the two subjects. Then someone called him. A sunshine. Camera lenses are too far off of technology to not be blinded by this sunshine way brighter than the sun above.

"What are you doing, Yoongi hyung?"

Hoseok hovered his arms to the shorter older and smiled with an extra chuckle at the end of it.

"Taking pictures. It's too obvious for you to know. You've been living off with me for 10 years. Tss"

Yoongi replied, frustrated. But he is just teasing the younger.

"Whatever, hyung. As if I can see what you are doing. Who knows you're holding a gun instead of a camera?"

Hoseok rebutted and only got a smack on the head as the first reply at his stupid claim about guns.

"I've never even touched a gun, or have seen a real one. How come I'll hold it, brat"

Yoongi scoffed and walked away from Hoseok who followed him immediately. Now the two are walking side by side, just like how the two men ahead of them. Thanks to the latest technology, Hoseok has this kind of walking stick that tells him his location and every details he has to know. It's kind of an improved walking stick blind ones used before.

"We're crossing the street, right hyung?"

Hoseok asked and Yoongi hummed a response, and put his hands on Hoseok's arms just to guide him.

"We're heading to an ice cream parlor, right?"

Hoseok asked again

"I'll treat you some ice cream"

Yoongi said and Hoseok leaped out of joy just like a little child. The two went inside of the ice cream parlor and found the best seat they could ever have.

"Stay here, I'll order"

Yoongi said. The line was a bit heavy as this ice cream parlor is being run by the famous painter in town at this very generation in South Korea - Vante, whose full name is Kim Taehyung and is co-owned Park Jimin who works as an office worker, of the position Vice President in a company owned by the Kims - Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin. And Jeon Jungkook who works full time for them, a good-looking guy who only lacked the ability to walk.

"Hyung!"

Jungkook called out as soon as Yoongi is already ready to order. Jungkook is very diligent. Jimin would pick him up everyday and the two will have their alone time, strolling around to wherever their feet will lead them to. Though the wheels of the wheelchair makes Jungkook walk. Taehyung works everyday and paints his customers who would want to have a portrait. The fee is incredibly high. And sometimes he will go together with Jimin and Jungkook, but often, he lets the two be in their own world.

"The usual ones, kid"

Yoongi said and Jungkook chuckled. These seven men are good friends. From the very beginning. Yoongi was Hoseok's savior since they were kids and the two lived together since they were 15. Hoseok met Jungkook one time and the two made a great consoling moment for their own handicaps. That's where Jungkook lead the two to know Jimin and Taehyung. And Jimin brought them to know Namjoon and Seokjin. And from there, it started. The golden friendship of these seven boys.

Namjoon and Seokjin are even planning to settle and the boys are very open about even broadcasting it on media. Jimin is planning to make Jungkook undergo a surgery, Yoongi too on Hoseok. At least, both of them wanted the two to experience life just like how normal ones do.

Their lives are all tailored peacefully on this universe. No war, no blood. Despite being not able to see, Hoseok was born to have Yoongi beside him. He found a real brother to comfort and believe in him. Despite being not able to walk, Jungkook was born to see Jimin forever, freely.

This kind of universe is what they wanted even from before. This kind of universe, despite being unable to do something like seeing or walking, at least, it's comforting and warm enough for them.


^

"Hyung, let's be born again, not as enemies. I want to see you forever, freely", Jungkook said these words before Jimin finally closed his eyes. His world shattered and crumbled into millions of pieces. He stood up and fought back, targeting the one who shot Jimin dead.

"Why did you betrayed us?"

Yoongi asked

"I was never one of you since the beginning of times"

Lee Hyun responded

"Shoot me, do it if you can, Min Yoongi"

Lee Hyun provoked. But Yoongi can't. He considered the man as his great superior and a friend in military academy. Who would've imagined? But with his surprise, his respected senior shot him with his own eyes witnessing.

"Min Yoongi!"

Hoseok called out and saw Lee Hyun targeting Namjoon next. But he ignored it as he rushed himself to catch the falling soldier.

"Go...save yourself"

Yoongi told him. But how can he leave the wounded soldier? For a short time, Hoseok only realized that he found where himself should belong. Just like Jungkook, he wants to go to a place where he and Yoongi are not enemies - at all.

"Okay. I'll fight for whoever did this to you. Then, I'll save myself. Is it fair enough now?"

Hoseok said and tapped Yoongi's shoulders. He stood up and just like Jungkook, his war is against Lee Hyun too. They ran. They shoot. They take cover. They are angered. They take advantageous positions. They were shot. But what runs inside their mind is not to back down despite being hurt. Jimin is shot, almost lifeless now. And Yoongi as well. So what more can they back down? They just have to fight until they too can't stand on their own feet.

Jungkook was about to attack again when someone pulled him over. It was Gwang Taek.

"What do you think you are betting on?"

Gwang Taek asked

"I'm betting on a chance that I will kill Lee Hyun"

Jungkook responded and tried hard tp ge tout of the older's grip.

"Lee Hyun is one of us"

Gwang Taek said

"Yes, I know very well. And he killed someone important to me"

Jungkook replied, his eyes are full of anger. It can be seen how much he wanted to get a revenge and fill his hands with blood just to take justice for his Jimin hyung.

"The moment you turn your back at me, I'll kill you before you can even kill Lee Hyun"

Gwang Taek declared a war. Jungkook just smirked towards him, as if he is ready for the worst or as if he knows that Gwang Taek can't shoot him. But he knows very well too how greedy Gwang Taek can be. So being killed is never erased in his option that the older will really do it. So he turned his back and heard a gunshot, but he was never hurt. He turned back, blood flowing on Gwang Taek's chest.

"Hyung"

Jungkook mouthed silently. His hands trembled as well, but as soon as Gwang Taek's body fell to the ground, he saw a man crying with his gun still aiming at the shadow of where Gwang Taek stood. Jungkook couldn't believe his eyes either. Everything was so surreal.

"Namjoon is probably shot dead by now of Lee Hyun. Let's hurry up"

Jungkook didn't know what kind of courage got into Hoseok. He wiped his tears and said those words as if nothing happened. Gwang Taek resented him, but Hoseok never resented him back. How could he kill him then? These thoughts ran into Jungkook's mind as they hurry to target Lee Hyun and kill him before he kills every soldier present here.

Jungkook climbed up a tree, just like how he did before. Hoseok provokes the target himself on the ground. But he is indeed smart as he throwed a grenade towards Hoseok's direction. The impact impaired him. His vision was lost and the next thing he knew is his body being covered with bullets.

Jungkook took chances. He aimed for Lee Hyun's head. For his Namjoon hyung, for his Yoongi hyung, for his Hoseok hyung, and for his Jimin hyung. This aim will be for them. It might be too late, but it's better than never. He might miss, but it's better that he tried. The tree where he is, is the place Jimin is lying cold and lifeless underneath. Jungkook took a guick glance and pulled the trigger four times. His whole strength was put into it that he lost his balance and fell off the tree, his body lying beside Jimin, his head bleeding, his legs are numb. But he is happy. Because Lee Hyun's life ended. Whatever comes next, he hoped that Taehyung will read what he wrote. For the last time, before he closes his eyes, Jungkook took his hyung's hands.

"I'm sorry you waited for so long. But don't worry. I am here now. Let's go together, hyung"

Jungkook said and a tear fell from his eyes.

^
*
^

*

"Oh?"

Taehyung exclaimed

"What is this? Jimin-ah?"

Taehyung called out to Jimin who's busy making the ordered ice cream for the customer.

"What?"

Jimin just replied shortly

"This glossy paper note! It's placed on one of the pages of my sketch pad"

Taehyung said, explaining what he found. Jimin ordered him to come over instead as customers are flooding in. He examined the handwriting, but it was not his own.

"Aye. Why bother about that?"

Jimin ranted

"It ruined the sacredness of my sketch pad! It even contains words I don't even understand!"

Taehyung ranted back

"Yah! Jungkook-ah, how about you? Do you happen to know who put this on my sketchpad?”

Taehyung asked and showed the glossy paper note in front of Jungkook's eyes.

"One galaxy flavored ice cream, that'll be $15"

Jungkook said and punched the order so that Jimin can make it. Taehyung was pissed at the two boy's ignorance.

"Ugh! Do you even know what this says?! It addresses to me! And I’m kind of having goosebumps on what’s written in here!"

Taehyung shouted which caught everyone's attention.

"Why? What does it say?"

Jimin asked just so to stop Taehyung from bickering and disturbing the nice ambiance of the ice cream parlor and the nice moods of their customers.

*
^
*

^
"Kim Taehyung, hyung-nim. Jimin hyung and I walked on an alley of cherry blossom trees. It's a breath-taking experience, hyung. I played Overwatch games with you, I hanged out with Jimin hyung as much as I want. I'm sorry if I have to make him suffer. I'm sorry if I made you suffer too. When the battle starts one way or another, sooner, I hope you will think that I went to save Jimin hyung from me. I want to end my life there, hyung. I don't want to see Jimin hyung suffer because of me. So when I am completely gone, please, forgive me and take care of Jimin hyung. I caused his suffering, it's my fault. I should be just the only one suffering. Hyung, can we meet again in our next lives? Where you will never resent me. I'll wait for you there, hyung. I'll wait for you and Jimin hyung. Truly yours, Kook"

Jungkook made two notes the day he left the hospital. For Jimin, and for Taehyung.

^
*
^

*
"Kook?"

Jimin asked and laughed. The sound of the name is hilaruous enough for Jimin to laugh his out of happiness. Or maybe he's just silly today because it's his day off.

"Yah! See what am I trying to discuss?"

Taehyung started

"We might be someone who knows each other before"

Taehyung stated. Jimin and Jungkook both turned their heads to Taehyung in a sudden agreement to what he said.

"So, I must have written it in my past life?"

Jungkook asked and Taehyung nodded.

"And you said that you should be the only one suffering. Your handicap might be the answer to this note as well"

Taehyung said

"So, are we having an ill-fated relationship whatsoever before?"

Jimin asked the obvious. His eyes traveled towards Jungkook's direction and the two met their eyes in a comfortable manner. Jimin smiled to ease whatever the younger is worrying about what he did in his past life and thank goodness, Jungkook smiled as well, calmly and genuinely.

"Whatever happened before, it gave us a better outcome now. Thanks to our past selves, we won't worry about ill-fated relationships"

Taehyung said and tapped Jungkook's shoulders.

"You must have done terribly wrong before but maybe you did something great before you died"

Taehyung continued. Jungkook chuckled and his cheeks reddened.

"Though I can't walk, I like my present self better"

Jungkook remarked before another customer had given his order. Jimin went to Taehyung and read the note himself. It was so sad. What happened before, he wonders. But he also would like to mind his present self. At least, now, there are no battles to face just like what Jungkook mentioned in this note. At least, now, he can walk side by side with him and stare at him freely, forever.

--END--

HI GUYS! IT FINALLY ENDED! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU HAVE BEEN SHOWING FOR MY STORY!!! THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THIS, TO SUBSCRIBE FOR THIS AND TO GIVE COMMENTS. I AM REALLY THANKFUL!!! I HOPE THE JOURNEY I HAVE WRITTEN HERE WILL HELP YOU ALL IN YOUR OWN LIVES AS WELL. WE MIGHT BE SOMEONE LIKE JIMIN AND JUNGKOOK IN HERE BUT OUR INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES CAN ALWAYS MAKE US BECOME CLOSER TOO. LET’S JUST BE OPEN-MINDED AND BE UNDERSTANDING, TO BE ABLE TO EMPATHIZE ON OTHERS. ANYWAY, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! LOVELOTS!!! AND EVEN THOUGH IT ENDED, I HOPE THIS STORY IS SOMETHING THAT WILL LAST IN YOUR MINDS OR IN YOUR HEARTS. SUBSCRIPTIONS, COMMENTING AND UPVOTING IS STILL OPEN. HAHAHA. 

STAY HEALTHY EVERYONE! THANK YOU AND I’LL BE BACK WITH ANOTHER STORY, SOONER!ߘ¢I LOVE YOU ALL!!! FIGHTING!!!