I SEE YOU

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

Everyone's ready. Guns are loaded. Hand grenades are equipped. Safety gears are worn. The will to win and never surrender can be seen. From both eyes of the soldiers and the rebels. If one of them initiates to shoot, then war will begin. It's kind of feisty. A war that seems to be friendly, letting conversations occur and letting each of them prepare for a great spot. It's kind of a win-win situation. Each of them can see the opponent's line of sights. So you can say everyone is prepared for anything. But who knows? Each of them has their secret weapons and secret tactics that might cause a large damage to whoever.

But among everyone who's ready, there is one guy who is more than ready than the word ready. Despite everyone's serious faces, he was the only one that smiles. Despite everyone who's loaded up, he is the only one who's carefree enough to just bring a rifle without any reserved bullets, no hand grenades, no knives either. It seems like he really meant what he said. 

Gwang Taek was furious about him. Too confident for a person who almost died in the last war, he said. His father was just like that always. But he proved himself many times, except for that stupid thing he did at the last day of his life. But Jungkook never listened to Gwang Taek. He still smiled towards the older. But how can he smile? Maybe because it will be that guy who's standing in front of him, almost 10 meters away, will end him.

Meanwhile, Jimin's eyes are locked up towards him as well. He figured out a way to kill him with his own hands. And he is more than willing to do it himself, for real. He thought about it for the past three days, and that thing he has in mind is the only way he can kill him. He talked about it with Taehyung. The younger stopped him from going to this war because he sensed what the Captain will do. But he refused to listen and go on with that kind of plan in mind. 'It is the best that I can think', Jimin convinced himself.

Hoseok's eyes were also fixed to one man. He didn't expect that he will fight today because Jungkook said he often just gives orders. But he thought that this is a special day for them. So the soldiers were fully equipped as well. Hoseok tapped Jungkook's shoulder to call his attention. The younger hummed for response, his eyes are still on Jimin.

"Yoongi. What's his full name?"

Hoseok asked

"Min Yoongi"

Jungkook replied with an excited tone which made Gwang Taek irritated and seeing from afar, somebody would want to back down on his intent today.

"Why hyung? What did Yoongi hyung do to you?"

Jungkook asked. Hoseok smirked.

"Who would believe me that I trusted a soldier? A rebel myself did that. Tss"

Hoseok replied with a chuckle. Thinking back how he trusted that guy made him look like a fool of himself.

"I believe in you, hyung"

Jungkook said and gave him a quick glance before directing his eyes again to the Captain.

"Am I even sane enough that I'm ready to leave everything behind me and come back to him?"

Jungkook continued. Hoseok looked at him. 'Leave everything behind?', he wondered at the younger's words before looking at Yoongi's direction who, by the time is already looking at him. He was flustered, enough to take a step back in surprise.

"Wow! I can see how many troops are here. Why? Are you all afraid of us?"

Gwang Taek started to bluff. This time, Jimin nor any one of them talked back. It was complete silence that made Gwang Taek furious. Just when he was about to pull the trigger, Jungkook stopped him.

"Hyung! Can I do the talking?"

Jungkook offered. Gwang Taek was confused. Why would he when he's almost killed last time?

"As you know, hyung, I got to live with one of the Captain's before going back here. I can speak out his weakness and start to attack if I signaled you"

Jungkook provoked. Hoseok's eyes widened. Hoseok thought Jungkook wanted to go back to Jimin, why is he initiating the first move to start this battle himself? What is he trying to do? What scheme is he planning after all? He needed to stay alert, Hoseok told himself

"Let's see what ace you had"

Gwang Taek replied. Jungkook nodded his head in contentment and started walking forward which made the soldiers aim their guns towards him, getting ready for anything that can happen. But Yoongi ordered everyone to put down their guns.

"Jungkook-ah"

Hoseok called out, trying to stop the younger even if he knows that he can't be stopped. So he decided to just follow the younger, slowly, with his full will to protect him anytime, if something really will happen. Jungkook's phase doubled. He's walking confidently and with a relaxed smile on his face. You can almost say that he's not in the center of the battlefield. When you see him, it will feel like he is shooting a movie with a very beautiful scene.

As Jimin can sense where the younger is headed to, he tried to calm himself. His insides are in a very disoriented state, a very strong turmoil of whatever he's feeling. Excitement to become closer to Jungkook, fear to do what's he supposed to do, anger towards this certain kind of scenario, disgust about their fate, and sadness to see the younger coming close to death himself, to him. But who could stop him? Jungkook made up his mind. 

And yet again, they're standing face to face. Their eyes meet. Their gazes were deep. Greetings, regrets, fear - what can they say about all of these? Perhaps no words can ever tell. The sky is bright, the ground is dull. It's too contrasted that it can make the perfect scenery for an artist, a photographer, or a movie to be filmed.

Jungkook smiled. His eyes are now crescent. His bunny teeth is now showing. You can really say that he is just happy. Totally happy. But deep inside his eyes, is a closed gate of a room of tears, swelling up and will overflow in due time. He took off his rifle and his safety gears off from him and looked back to where Gwang Taek and the rest of the troop is. He waved towards them, as if signaling that he is still okay. Hoseok was at least a few meters away from him, looking at Yoongi with pride. How frustrating of a rebel idolizing a soldier, Hoseok thought.

"Hyung"

The wind started its duty as soon as Jungkook spoke the first word. Now sunrays are dancing down at them, and the howl of the wind broke the silence. Jimin closed his eyes, trying to compose himself for a second, before setting it firmly into Jungkook's. The younger was overjoyed by the Captain's action that he chuckled loudly in front of everyone.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Jimin finally spoke. His voice was ice cold, Jungkook never expected that. Never did he imagined it either. His hyung's angelic voice was gone. Now, it's too deep. Almost unreachable for him. But he just continued to smile even if he knew that the tears in the cage of his corneas already digs a hole.

"I won't be standing here if you only looked back at me a second earlier, hyung"

Jungkook said. Jimin flickered his eyelids a bit, taken aback of what the younger has said. A second earlier. He didn't know that it can make a huge difference. What time must he looked back? He missed the timing, he thought. Jungkook was already a crying mess when he looked back. Maybe that's where he lacked.

"But don't be guilty, hyung. At least, you can fulfill my wish, right?"

Jungkook said as he reached out for Jimin's hand gun, made him have a good grip on it and made him point it out towards his chest. Cliché. But Jungkook resented that word to call this kind of setting he is putting up with. He would like to call it 'heart-wrecking reunion'. Why? After the trigger is pulled, he won't be guilty and be angered enough to be born as his hyung's enemy. He can be with his hyung, as much as he wants - with no statute of limitations, only being unable to physically be with him.

"I enjoyed everything back there. Including Taehyung hyung's and I's Overwatch game"

Jungkook started

"Let me experience all of that, hyung. Take me - and when it begins, I'll shield you before I even close my eyes"

Jungkook said

"Me too"

Jimin unconsciously replied which made Yoongi and Namjoon worried. This time, he smiled towards Jungkook as well, truly.

“You too,hyung?”

Jungkook asked excitedly and Jimin nodded. He want to go somewhere where there are no restrictions between him and Jungkook. Can he at least wish and hope for that?

"What are you doing Jeon Jungkook?! Get out of there!!!"

Gwang Taek shouted and Hoseok looked back towards him and aimed his gun to his own brother. It took him a lot of guts to do that. But protecting Jungkook from his brother's own capability, is the best thing he can do for now. Gwang Taek chuckled in disbelief and aimed his gun towards Hoseok as well.

"That's right, hyung! Shoot me. I was never a brother to you anyway"

Hoseok shouted back. But one of their troop members stopped Gwang Taek from doing so. His eyes are literally humiliated of what Hoseok said. But he can't deny that fact. He resented Hoseok for being a coward when they were still young. And now, he is seeing Hoseok fighting back towards him. Won't he be proud? Or is it too late to be proud? Yoongi stepped foward and leveled Hoseok on the side.

"Yah, kid. You're a rebellious brother, aren't you?"

Yoongi asked as his eyes are fixed towards Gwang Taek. That man can shoot anytime. What more that he became the leader?

"Step back. You might get hurt"

Hoseok warned and Yoongi just chuckled.

"Being hurt is part of my job, kid. No need to remind me of safety"

Yoongi replied. Hoseok chuckled but before things and conversations were stable, a gunshot was heard. Everyone was attentive enough to take their covers immediately and the presumed war -- finally began. The gunshot rather, was not simple enough to just broke the prolonged war. It was really aimed directly to a person. It was the dirtiest thing Hoseok can imagine, Yoongi encountered, Jungkook witnessed and Jimin felt.

"Hyung!"

Jungkook's eyes bawled out in surprise as blood came rushing out coming from Jimin's chest. The Captain was shot. Namjoon immediately tried to locate the shooter, and it was right there. Right behind them - Captain Lee Hyun.

"Lee Hyun-ah!"

Namjoon called out and he just smirked and aimed a shot into Namjoon. Lucky enough he was fast to dodge it though his shoulders bled. Lee Hyun, Hoseok remembered. He was the smartest of their time and they sent him far away to study and become one of the enemies - to be able to do this kind of thing someday, Hoseok thought.

"Yoongi! Help me"

Hoseok called

"Lee Hyun, let's catch him"

Hoseok said

"Isn't this all your plan? To make Jungkook a bait and be able to co--"

Yoongi can't finished his words

"I want to go with Jungkook too! I want to stay with all of you there! Help me before it's too late. I too, hate that I was born your enemy"

Hoseok said and made Yoongi decide that very moment, that this guy isn't bad enough to get his offer be declined.

"Hyung! Hyung!"

Jungkook called out as he tries to cover up Jimin's chest after pulling him into safety. The bleeding was too much that the Captain turned pale already. Jungkook's eyes are now welling up, full of regrets. He should've known, he could just have pulled the trigger himself.

"I'm sorry"

Jungkook said. Jimin coughed.

"It's not your fault. I'm glad I didn't kill you"

Jimin said

"Did you know...I was supposed to kill my ownself. Thank goodness...somebody did it for me"

Jimin continued which made Jungkook's cries even more louder. How could this happen? Why his hyung? Why not him? But his endless whys can never turn back time. It can never return the blood Jimin lost. It can never return.

"Don't leave me, hyung"

Jungkook pleaded, his tears covered his whole face. His tears were too painful to watch. Jimin coughed again and blood rushed on his mouth, making the already loud cries of the younger even more hurtful to hear.

"Kook"

Jimin tried his best to mouth his words this time. It's too hard to breathe. He can't even feel his toes right now. His vision is becoming blurry too. Everything's crumbling in front of his own eyes - but seeing Jungkook for the last time in his life is already more than enough.

"Hyung"

Jungkook replied to the call

"I..."

Jimin barely voiced the word

"Please, don't leave me, hyung!"

Jungkook cried

"...see you"

Jimin said and teared up. Jungkook leaned forward to hug him. His heart hurts too much. Do having an ill-fated relationship not enough? Will fate even take away Jimin from him?

"Hyung, please"

Jungkook pleaded loudly. Jimin tried his best, to reach out for Jungkook's hair and ruffled them which made Jungkook cry his loudest.

"Let's meet again..."

Jimin started slowly

"...in a universe..."

Jimin continued

"...that we can be together..."

Jimin tried his best to tell Jungkook comforting words

"...where you can stare at me forever"

And just like how the last petal of spring day falls, the seasons changed, right in front of Jungkook's innocent eyes.