SECRETS OF THE BATTLEFIELD

MORE THAN WHAT THE UNIVERSE CAN SEE

"What am I fighting for?! Have you turned blind? Can't you see what's happening?! They're neglecting Hyun Il hyung's death! Just because we have nothing and that jerk is the son of the President, we can't fight for it?! Is that what you're telling me? To stop?!"

Jeon Gi Taek said, full of anger. His eyes were full of rage. How come that they'll just let it slide? It's not fair that only his hyung died when that good for nothing jerk will never rot in prison or die as well.

Gi Taek had these thoughts but he can't understand why, why does his so-called brother Park Gyung San is siding the other side

"You'll die too if you continue, Gi Taek-ah. Let's just stop. Hyun Il hyung would also want us to live the life he can't continue"

Gyung San made him understood but he just won't understand. He refuses to understand

"How do you know that's what Hyun Il hyung's wish?! Are you some kind of a fortune teller?! Huh, hyung?! Hyung, they’re turning the tables. Hyun Il hyung is dead but he’s still the murderer. You know he can’t do that. And you’re still telling me to stop?!"

Gi Taek raged even more

"Gi Taek-ah..."

Gyung San said but the younger's mind won't stop to think the other way around

"If you don't want to help me, then don't. You aren't even my real brother anyway"

Gi Taek said with tears falling from his eyes and left their apartment. Gyung San regretted a lot about it after ten years. He would've known that Gi Taek will join the rebels, he won't bother himself and be a military.

Their fate got twisted. It seemed like it was dragged into a blackhole with no way out. Now they had to fight. Every night after every battle they encounter, Gyung San would drink his guilt away. But it was never enough. Only if he had to let Gi Taek know what happened after his disappearance

They both had their families. But it was never happy. Gyung San lost his wife after giving birth to their only son, Jimin.

While Gi Taek lost his wife after an attack from the military. An aerial bombing that caused the village to cease. Lucky enough that he and their only son as well, Jungkook, was alive.

The government thought everyone died, so it was quiet for a very long time. Jimin turned seven and learned self defense. Jungkook is five years old, turning six three months after, went to run errands from the elders.

And soon, war broke out again. In an unexpected time, Gyung San and Gi Taek saw each other again in the battlefield. They had a talk while firing guns. Gyung San finally told everything to Gi Taek.

Hyun Il's death had justiced served already. An eye witness showed up after four years, guilt probably taken over and finally sentenced the president's son to death.

The president himself lost position too but the next president was even worse. He ordered the vanishment of the rebels and that unfortunate thing happened.

Gi Taek thought about what Gyung San said to him. Everything was blurry but one thing was certain. His hyung, Hyun Il, finally rested in peace. So he thought that he too must follow.

Going against Gyung San was hard for him too. But because of that thought of revenge, he went strong. But everything was his fault as well. He could've waited like what Gyun San did.

And he made up his mind. Gi Taek stood up and threw away his gun. He positioned himself to an open area, where he can be shot dead.

Gyung San did his best to call for order to cease fire. But it was too late. Someone in his troop already pulled the trigger right into Gi Taek's forehead.

Four more years had passed and within those years, Gyung San remorsed to another loss of a special friend whom he considered as his brother as well.

And in the next battle, lost his life without regrets in the hands of Gwang Taek's father, who died as well during that battle.

Gwang Taek's brother is Hoseok. But he disregards him because he was too ashamed of Hoseok who showed nothing but not a warrior's heart when he was still young. He considered Jungkook more as his brother.

Hoseok is sure jealous but Jungkook helped him to become a warrior too. He treasured the kid more than his own brother as well.

So it was easy for Gwang Taek to take Hoseok as a bait last time with their encounter with Captain Park’s troop and that hurt Hoseok's feelings.

And now, Jungkook is missing. Or is dead to give the worst. Gwang Taek remorses and Hoseok wants to prove himself to his brother. But that's not the only reason why. Hoseok too, needs to find himself.