13 She Is My Wife

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every time Yiseol contacted with Jinyoung, she only used her work email.

Somehow, Jinyoung would tell her to call him in order to ‘discuss the problem quicker’. Then, he said to video call for a ‘clearer and better’ discussion.

He thought it was enough to listen to her voice, but after that, he became greedier and wanted to see her.

She was different from who he knew.

He never knew that she had the ability to work in a project. He was pleased by the design package that she had proposed.

The hot spring golf course resort was given a name as ‘Moon Park’, as the hot spring centre was designed as a moon crescent and the golf park was scattered around like a cloud. She designed a logo of a crescent moon in gold and black font for the name.

She looked for every detail for her work, even something he didn’t notice.

The design was definitely what he wanted. At that time, he didn’t only feel her passion in her work, but also her capability.

She finished the design in a week, a lot faster than he thought.

He thought she knew him so well.

They were husband and wife after all. She knew him so well as a wife. She knew his preferences – in fashion, in food – almost everything he could think of, she knew what he liked and what he didn’t like.

Sometimes, she even knew what he wanted but wasn’t good for him and tried to stop him. For once, he thought he had married a predictor.

At that time, he was annoyed at her since he thought that she had possessed too much. However, he missed it now. How well it was if Yiseol would still tell him stuff like this?

That’s also why she could design something that he liked because she knew him so well.

He reasoned himself as if he told himself Yiseol still cared for him.

The next he knew, he wanted to see her in person. It was just too bad for him that the two of them living in a different city. He had his work to do in Seoul and he knew she wouldn’t want to travel a few hours to Seoul that often while things could just be solved over the phone and email.

Yiseol couldn’t reject her client’s request. He paid for the project anyway. All she could do was to fulfil his request as long as it wasn’t too much for her.

She wouldn’t deny that he was a good boss. He was responsible and lead people well. Somewhat different from his past, he was open-minded and listened to her feedback which Yiseol appreciated it a lot.

Although it was only working purpose, at least he valued her feedback, unlike in the past.

On this day, Yiseol had just finished a meeting and ready to go for lunch with her colleagues. However, Jinyoung requested for a video call meeting again. She couldn’t help but took her notebook and went into the meeting room again.

As soon as the call was connected, Jinyoung’s grin was unnoticeable. He was delighted in his heart but always acted another way in front of Yiseol.

“Hi, Mr Park,” she had her working attitude and waited for him to start the discussion. She had her part finished at the moment and unsure what he had to call her to be discussed about.

“Manager Jung,” he called her, recovered from his thought and remembered what his purpose to call her today, “Regarding the launching event in Seoul, do you have any thought?”

“Launching event?” She was confused.

Yiseol thought the launching event in Seoul was supposed to be the responsibility for the marketing team of the Park’s Group and she only played as the role of an assistant. The marketing team leader had already requested for branding identity that she designed. She had almost nothing to do for the event.

“Mr Park, I have passed on the information needed to Manager Choi.”

This answer wasn’t what Jinyoung was expected. It seemed like she wasn’t going to show up in the launching event as she had given all the responsibility to his marketing team. How could he see her again in this case?

He believed that how he met her was fate. Yet, their relationship was a failure. In order to get her back, fate wasn’t enough. He had to make some ‘opportunities’ to meet her.

The launching event was a good excuse that he could see her.

He even arranged it on a Friday evening, so he would make another excuse to let her stay in Seoul.

His imagination was beautiful, picturing a wonderful plan that he could get her back.

Yet, she avoided her like a porcupine and be defensive. She had tried to ignore him at her best, as they only talked about business. She wouldn’t mention a thing about her personal life as much as he wanted to listen from her.

He had no choice but to use his authority and make up some ridiculous excuses.

Yes, he was the boss. She wouldn’t reject if he insisted.

“Are you saying that you are not coming to the launching event?” He questioned.

Feeling strange about his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter