Chapter 9

So, I Married An Anti-fan

Chanyeol's eyes couldn't help him in seeing things anymore as he even couldn't count the beer bottles in front of him. Since Jongin left, Chanyeol didn't move an inch and made friends with the alcohol inside the refrigerator.

He also forgot that Baekhyun was sick.

His forehead touched the dinning table but his hand tightly held on the beer bottle. Why couldn't they understand him? He married Baekhyun because of an incident but he didn't love him anymore. However, he had never stopped loving Kyungsoo from the start.

Yes, even he was dating with Baekhyun, he loved Kyungsoo at that time too.

Kinda jerk he was? He knew that his actions towards Baekhyun were quite unfair but he didn't know what to do, too. Was Jongin right?

Chanyeol concentrated on his scattered thoughts and tried to stand up. He headed to their bedroom although his legs were not unshakeable enough to walk. He turned the door knob but it was locked.

"Byun Baekhyun! Open the door! We need to talk!!"

Chanyeol hit the door with his fist but Baekhyun didn't open the door. As he was too drunk to remember where he kept the extra key, he just hit the door and turned the door knob strongly and angrily.

The steel door knob seemed to be weaker than Chanyeol's strength that the lock broke no longer after Chanyeol turned. But Chanyeol didn't notice it until the doorknob fell onto the floor.

"Uh."

He looked down to the doorknob and then, pushed the door to open. He saw Baekhyun lying on the bed with the blanket up to his neck.

Chanyeol quietly walked towards the bed and sat on the bed but still, Baekhyun was sleeping.

"Give me your number."

Chanyeol said without checking that Baekhyun heard his words or not and took out his phone from his pocket, creating a contact name with Baekhyunee.

"Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol shook Baekhyun's arms and the smaller opened his eyes slowly, blinking for a few time to make his sight clear.

"Park Chanyeol."

"Give me your number."

Chanyeol said again when Baekhyun finally got up from bed, his fingers slowly massaging his temples.

"Are you drunk?"

Baekhyun asked when he scanned Chanyeol's situation, one hand automatically reached to touch Chanyeol's cheek but he backed off immediately as soon as he realized what he was doing.

"Go."

"What?"

"I want to be alone now."

Baekhyun told, holding the blanket and about to lie down again but Chanyeol grabbed his wrist.

"I am thinking for you right now."

Chanyeol's straight face was serious although it couldn't make Baekhyun change his decision about their relationship. He was the one he hated the most in the whole universe.

"Just leave me like you always do."

Baekhyun's voice was shaking and Chanyeol did notice it. He was drunk a while ago but he didn't know where all these had gone now.

"Baekhyun. I think you are misunderstanding something."

"About what?"

Chanyeol was speechless. How could he let himself grab that topic in? With what face? He felt like he was hurting Baekhyun too much.

"Baekhyun, I-"

"Go."

The most useful and the shortest verb was the most painful one now. Chanyeol obeyed Baekhyun's word and slowly went away from the room. It was the first ever time he felt wrong for Baekhyun.

Did he hear when we were arguing?

Chanyeol's thought disappeared to somewhere when he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his waist, in other word, back hugging him. Chanyeol stood still until his back became wet.

"Baekhyun..."

"This is the last time I let myself do whatever I want."

"Baek-"

"Stay still until I finish my words."

Baekhyun was serious and Chanyeol just chose to stay still like Baekhyun told him to do.

"You chose Kyungsoo at that time. And now, you choose him again? It is okay. I will try to remember how I endured not to complain about it like three years ago. However, I will try to forget my stupid love. And also.."

Baekhyun's voice cracked and he couldn't speak for a while. Chanyeol wanted to hold his husband in his arms, hoping that the hug could comfort him a little. But, he didn't want to deny Baekhyun's order and so, he stood still.

"I wanna say I love you for the last time."

"Baekhyun, why-"

As soon as Chanyeol turned his body to tell something but his lips were sealed by Baekhyun's soft ones. He still remembered the first time they kissed. It was years ago but he couldn't forget Baekhyun's red face and swollen cute lips.

Chanyeol didn't know himself why he was replying Baekhyun's kiss when he said he didn't love him anymore or couldn't fall in love with him twice. Their tongue played for a while and Baekhyun finally let go Chanyeol's lips. It was Chanyeol's thought but actually, Baekhyun collapsed.

Now, Chanyeol remembered that Baekhyun was sick.

 

× × ×

 

Even the doctor said that Baekhyun collapsed because of his illness and the lack of oxygen for a while, Chanyeol couldn't calm down. He didn't even change the clothes and everyone saw the messy, drunk Chanyeol who ran into the hospital like a crazy bastard while carrying his husband.

He couldn't care his idol image when pale Baekhyun was still sleeping on the hospital bed with a drip pipe connected to his forearm. The VIP room door was opened suddenly and the manager, Jongin, came into the room, to Chanyeol's surprise.

"Why are you here?"

Chanyeol's voice sounded scary but he didn't care.

"Your fans are indeed on your side. Even they saw you like this, they complimented you as the best husband."

Jongin showed the news from the internet and Chanyeol found out how Jongin knew about it. But still as long as Chanyeol was healthy, Jongin didn't need to be here, right?

"Why are you here?"

"Because Baekhyun collapsed of course!"

"You forget your role? You are my manager."

"Also I am Baekhyun's friend and I have all rights to come see him as I am not in the work time, too. Am I wrong?"

"Whatever. Since I am here, you can go back now. He isn't awake yet."

Why am I feeling like I am arguing with Jongin hyung because of Baekhyun? Do I even need to fight? Park Chanyeol, be with yourself.

Chanyeol thought.

"But firstly, you go take a bath. I bring some clothes for you. I will take care of him during that time."

Jongin gave Chanyeol a handbag and motioned towards the bathroom. Chanyeol didn't say anything and took the bag from him, walking towards the bathroom and opened the door. He looked at Baekhyun before closing the door.

Don't wake up until I finish.

Was he that selfish? Whatever, it was Park Chanyeol.

 

× × ×

 

Kyungsoo let out a sigh when he saw the news of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He didn't mean to ruin the peaceful relationship between his two friends but it seemed like the manager of Park Chanyeol misunderstood him.

The manager named Kim Jongin kept warning him for the whole night about not to meet with Chanyeol again by calling him non-stop. He also told that Baekhyun was pitiful.

But in Kyungsoo's opinion, Baekhyun was a lucky man because Chanyeol loved him. Kyungsoo just wanted to reunite the friendship between they three but the things went complicated.

*Message

He opened the sms and saw the familiar phone number.

Sorry if I disturb you. Good night.

"What is this guy? How can I have a good night after you told me like a villain? You stupid."

Kyungsoo complained the phone screen but tapped SAVE CONTACT and wrote Stupid Kim .

He hoped that he could have a good night, too.

And that night, he dreamed that Baekhyun gave birth to triplets and Chanyeol was busy with babysitting his babies when the manager was running from here and there to grab a pack of baby diapers. And, of course Kyungsoo was laughing at the stupid Kim.

What a funny dream!

 

× × ×