Chapter 8

So, I Married An Anti-fan

After the CF of SPAO was done, Chanyeol was already excited to see his long time no see crush. Jongin looked at Chanyeol annoyingly and gave him a cup of coffee.

"Thanks."

Chanyeol was smiling without any reason and Jongin hated it even it was not related with him.

Baekhyun will be sad if he sees his husband being happy to see another guy.

Jongin shook his head to make the pointless thoughts go away from his mind. They both got on the car and Jongin started the engine when Chanyeol was enjoying the coffee.

"Where is the mask and the sunglasses?" Jongin asked.

But Chanyeol looked at his manager with a blank face and gave a stupid reply.

"Why do I need a mask and a pair of sunglasses?"

"Chanyeol, please. You are an idol and he is an idol, too. You two should keep this meeting as a secret even-"

"Fine. We will talk in my car and so, you go outside when we arrive."

Jongin didn't say anything and just concentrated on the steering wheel and the road. He couldn't understand Chanyeol sometimes. Even he didn't love Baekhyun now, he should at least thought for Baekhyun as a dutiful husband, right?

The silent atmosphere kept on going until they arrived the cafe shop where Do Kyungsoo would be inside. Jongin stopped the engine and was about to call Do Kyungsoo but he noticed that Chanyeol was already making a call to the actor.

When did he get the number?

Jongin thought with a ton of suspect and checked Chanyeol's facial expression.

"I am here."

"..."

"Let's talk in the car. Come here."

"..."

"Where? Uhm. I see you. The black mercedes just about three feet from you."

Chanyeol hung up and motioned Jongin to get out of the car. Jongin really wanted to know about the phone number but he swallowed the curiosity and got out of the car, almost bumped into the actor with a pair of heart-shaped lips.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

Kyungsoo replied and got into the car. Jongin just walked away from the car, heading to the nearest cafe to take a certain kind of cold drink. In his mind, he was afraid that some paparazzi would capture the two in the car and make a scandal with a strange caption like cheating.

"Sir, what do you want to order?"

The waiter destroyed his thoughts and Jongin took the menu book from his hand. He didn't wanna drink anything now but he had to order something.

"Hmm. Ice coffee with more sugar."

"Okay. Please wait a moment."

The waiter left and Jongin sighed, looking at the black mercedes parked not far away from the cafe. Although he couldn't know what the two were saying or doing, he got a bad feeling for it.

*sigh

"Aish. I don't know! He will solve everything if something happens."

Jongin whispered as he looked away from the car.

"Sir, here. Please enjoy the drink."

The waiter took a glass of ice coffee for him and left to the cashier again. Jongin drank the ice coffee and closed his eyes tightly.

"Baekhyun's coffee is better."

He commented and his attention got to his phone when it rang. It was from Baekhyun.

"Hello."

"Jongin hyung, can you two come back home now?"

"Why? Does something happen??"

Jongin asked with the calm tone but he already called the waiter to cash the bill.

"No. Nothing much. I just want to buy some medicines at the store and I can't leave the house with no one too."

"Are you sick?"

"I took the shower too long and I feel like sick now."

"I will be there in half an hour. By the way, why don't you call Chanyeol instead of me?"

Jongin asked that question unknowingly but it might be shameful for Baekhyun to answer.

"He didn't give me his number."

And the line dropped.

 

× × ×

 

"Congrats for your wedding."

The first thing Kyungsoo said as soon as he got into the car was it. Chanyeol was shocked but he tried to give a smile to Kyungsoo.

"I've never thought that we would meet again after the school graduation."

"Uhm. Yeah, me too. I was surprised when I heard that you would star in the same movie together with me. Haha."

Chanyeol faked a laugh to make the atmosphere between them a little more friendly. But the silence occupied again.

"Is he doing fine?"

Kyungsoo suddenly asked, breaking out the silence between them. Chanyeol just stared at Kyungsoo with blank face.

"You mean who?"

"Byun Baekhyun."

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip and replied Chanyeol.

"He is doing fine."

"I am glad to hear that."

Chanyeol never bored of hearing the sweet voice of Kyungsoo.

"Chan, is Baekhyun still uncomfortable to meet me?"

"Chan?"

Chanyeol changed the topic since he couldn't answer it for Baekhyun. Seemed like Kyungsoo understood it, he didn't ask again.

"Yes. I called you Chan in those days. Remember?"

"Of course. How can I forget it?"

Both laughed and suddenly, the car door was slid to open. It was Jongin.

"Hyung. What are you doing? We are not done talking yet."

"It is not the problem now. We need to go home immediately. Your hubby is sick."

Jongin purposely used the pronoun instead of Baekhyun to remind Chanyeol.

"But,.."

"We can meet another time, too. Baekhyun needs you now. Go home."

Chanyeol was about to complain but Kyungsoo cut him off and got out of the car. Giving Jongin the last bow, Kyungsoo quickly ran away from the car secretly.

"Chanyeol."

Jongin called him as he got into the driver seat and started the engine. Chanyeol didn't look at him or reply.

"You can be angry with me for disturbing your conservation with your old friend. But you cannot when I mentioned Baekhyun as your husband."

From the rear view mirror, Jongin could see Chanyeol fingers formed into a tight fist.

"Just drive home safely."

When Chanyeol didn't want to talk to Jongin, he always cut the talk with that one word. Jongin knew.

 

× × ×

 

Baekhyun was lying on the bed when he heard the sound of the door opening and some noises like a fight.

"Why are they fighting?"

Baekhyun touched his forhead with his palm and got out of the bedroom.

"You know? I loved Kyungsoo more than Baekhyun. I can fall in love with Kyungsoo twice but I can't with Baekhyun. Do you know the difference between them?"

"I don't need to know! All I want to know is if you have time to ask others for his number, why can't your brain find a minute of time to give Baekhyun your number?"

Baekhyun's steps froze when he heard how Chanyeol refuse to love him twice and how he made time to get Kyungsoo's number but not his.

"It is none of your bussiness, hyung. You are my manager but not my husband's assistant."

"I have to tell you as I can't look at Baekhyun with my arms crossed. You actually love him and you just don't notice it."

"NO! I will never love him again!"

"Lower your volume you stupid Park."

They still didn't see Baekhyun.

Baekhyun bit his lower lip to prevent from making any sounds and went into the bedroom quietly. Having locked the door, he lay on the bed and the tears which were not invited visited his eyes.

"Damn tears."

Baekhyun wiped the tears and turned over to hide his face in the pillow, with his belly on the bedsheets.

He makes time to see him and to get his number. But not to see me and give me his number.

Baekhyun shed a tear and closed his eyes tightly.

He decided to be a big anti-fan of his husband again.

 

× × ×