015

Trial Marriage (taeny ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifteen

The atmosphere in the meeting room was extremely intense. At this moment, the meeting room's door flew open and in walked a beautiful figure who caught everyone's attention.

Tiffany!

It's actually Tiffany!

It's Tiffany again!

Khajee clenched her fist; she never thought Tiffany would be able to convince Lodge to go back on her words. Hyuna and Nichkhun stood up in shock simultaneously.

This was impossible, Tiffany was already eliminated. How did she make Secret change their minds?

"After careful consideration, everyone at Secret has decided to use Tiffany as our model," Lodge announced in front of the people in the room. She then gave a trivial look at the trio, "As I'm aware, she is also a model from Horvjk, but why do I feel like you aren't happy at all. Is it possible that Tiffany isn't actually a model of yours?"

"Tiffany, what schemes did you use? Why did you have to steal the front cover that belonged to me?" Hyuna couldn't hold back her anger as she questioned Tiffany.

"The front cover that belonged to you?" Tiffany maintained her smile, not allowing anyone to see through her emotions,

"You used my popularity to go overseas, under the guise of sharing the stage; you used me to create a topic of discussion to distract the public from your scandal; as soon as we arrived in the US, you got rid of me after I no longer had any use; you defamed me in front of the client and faked my portfolio. So, tell me, how does this front cover belong to you?"

"I only retrieved what belonged to me and recovered the fairness I deserved."

"You used your background to step all over me for your benefit, while I used my own capabilities to retrieve my front cover. I don't steal from anyone...but, I'm not going to let others step all over me - it's that simple."

Each word that came out of Tiffany’s mouth was clear and precise - full of power. Making Lodge, who originally misunderstood her, look at her in admiration.

What a strong character!

"Tiffany, I've said it before, this is the most important time for Hyuna. Everyone in Horvjk should be helping her get through this obstacle." Nichkhun verbally attacked Tiffany angrily,

"Can you not be so selfish?"

"The reason she's faced with an obstacle is because of you. I've said it before, no matter how much you want to support her, I have no opinion and don't care, but...if she wants to advance by stepping on me, I will only make her fall pitifully."

"Tiffany, Lodge mentioned...as long as you say it, Hyuna can still participate in the Secret photo shoot. She doesn't have much time left, she will be partaking in the Top Ten Model Awards soon."

"Why must I agree? If she is having difficulties, it is her problem, why is it my obligation to help her? Is there a law for it?" Tiffany asked in an amused tone. "Isn't Khajee-pee saao really capable? Get her to secure a job with another magazine..."

"Tiffany, don't go too far," Khajee stomped her feet in anger.

Lodge couldn't be bothered to continue watching Horvjk’s people fight amongst each other. She gently patted Tiffany’s shoulder and said,

"Tiffany, I'll wait outside. Tell me your decision after half an hour. Whether it will be a solo shoot or a shoot with you and Hyuna, you decide."

"Thank you, Lodge," Tiffany nodded. It was good timing, as she had much more to say that wasn't convenient to say in front of outsiders.

"I've asked for a few bodyguards to stand guard at the door, if anyone wants to do anything to you, just scream."

Tiffany smiled again and looked at Jessica and Sunny, hinting that in this situation, she may not necessarily be at a disadvantage. As soon as Lodge left the room, Khajee slammed her hand on the table and questioned Tiffany,

"What is it that you want?"

"This is not how you treat someone you are asking a favor from..." Tiffany said firmly to Khajee.

"What your brother has done, I am sure you already know. In this industry, it is clear that the strong get all the support, while the weak get stepped all over. I know it doesn't matter what I say to you. Since we both hate the look of each other, what's the point of working together? You should go plead to someone else."

Khajee’s eyes were red, but at this moment, there was nothing she could do.

After all, she was the manager of a different company. The fact that she was helping Horvjk was already a breach of her contract; she couldn't help Hyuna out in the open.

Plus, chances didn't come around easily.

So, she had no choice but to soften her tone, "Tell me what you want Tiffany, if you go too far, both of us won't benefit from it."

"Kim Hyuna said I stole something that belonged to her."

"No, Hyuna needs your guidance," Khajee clenched her teeth as she responded to Tiffany. In reality, she wanted so desperately for Tiffany to immediately disappear.

Tiffany also felt the same towards her. However, the provocation from these people in front of her, made her understand, if she couldn't reason with them, she should make a choice to benefit herself.

So, after taking a quick glance at Hyuna’s defiant expression, she raised her eyebrows and said, "I'll give Hyuna a chance...under one condition."

"Speak," Khajee said as she held back her anger.

"I want Horvjk to promise from now on, who I work with, will be decided by me personally. In other words, I will take on whatever job I want, Horvjk has no right to step in. They also have no right to arrange for jobs I do not agree to," Tiffany said straightforwardly.

"That's impossible," Khajee was firm, "What difference would this be to canceling your contract or opening a personal studio?"

"You can turn it down, after all, in the end, I will still make it happen. But, are you sure, Hyuna can continue to wait?"

Khajee glanced at Nichkhun. They both looked down and contemplated for a moment. In the end, Khajee told Tiffany:

"At most, I can only allow you to voice your opinion. In other words, we won't arrange jobs for you without you knowing.

In regards to your choice of clients, the company definitely needs to be in control, otherwise, if you randomly choose to work with cheap no-name companies, what would happen to our company's reputation?"

"Tiffany, no artist can tread on top of their company's head."

"The company can be in control, but...I need all the higher-ups to be present whenever a decision is made because I no longer have trust in Mr. Horvejkul."

"Other companies provide their artists with the best resources. I don't expect you to do that for m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter