eight

Hearts Don't Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite your conflicting thoughts of Baekhyun and Hyojin still lingering on your mind from time to time, the days begin and end without waiting for you to clear your thoughts. Your mundane routine of attending lectures, dancing, being bossed around by your seniors and hanging out with your friends continues.

After spending weeks being a third year university student, you realise that nothing about your personality has changed. Your face still turns red in a matter of three seconds and you've never gotten used to being praised by your lecturer for your choreography. At times, you feel like you don't deserve all this attention. Not when you are not as courageous as you seem.

"B-Byun Baekhyun, w-when do you think we can..." you stare at your reflection on the glass panes of your local bus stop. "No, no..."

You pace around the bus stop, only daring to do so because you are the only person here. How should I bring it up? I don't want it to come out wrong. It can't come out wrong! Stopping in your tracks, you turn to look at yourself again. "You promised me a date, remember?" you rub your chin, uncertain of your choice of words. "Is that too curt? What if I..."

Today marks the day where you need to make a move. I can't lose!

Through the course of the past two weeks, there only seems to be one thing that has changed. A new addition has been added in the picture, specifically Baekhyun's picture. For some reason, Hyojin seems to be by his side twenty four seven. Everytime you see him alone and are about to approach him, she suddenly teleports next to him like paparazzi following an idol. You just don't understand! She's also been joining you and the rest for lunch, occupying the seat next to Baekhyun, which you really shouldn't mind since you have normally don't sit next to him anyway. 

Sure, she's a transfer student from the countryside... Being the kindhearted person Baekhyun is, he let her sit with us because he wanted her to make some friends, you remember reasoning to yourself last week. While the whole scene played out, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol saw the annoyance written all over your face. That was fair, you never planned to make it subtle.

You hear the bus arriving in the middle of your contemplation. After stepping inside and being pleasantly surprised to find the bus fairly empty, you settle for the seat at the last row, nearest to the window. The bus ride to your university should take about twenty minutes or so. The roads today seem to be emptier than usual. To pass time, you plug in your wireless earbuds and begin bobbing your head to the latest tunes. It's been fairly long since you have had time alone.

At the second stop, more passengers start to board the bus. You keep your eyes glued on the doors since there is nothing to look at outside apart from vehicles. The moment the last passengers booards, you hold your breath. 

You can tell who it is even from miles away. The person seems to feel your eyes on him and meets your gaze. "Seo Gayoung?" He mouths.

"Aish, don't sit next to me! Sit somewhere else," you mouth back, flailing your arms to another direction. 

Chanyeol, clad in an oversized black sweater with the words 'ORDINARY PEOPLE' printed on it in striking, bold red font and his signature black, Adidas trackpants, disregards your words completely. He is wearing round silver-framed glasses which you are certain he is wearing just for fashion. He has a wide, gummy smile on his face as he comes over to sit next to you.

"I thought I told you not to sit next to me..." you tell him through clenched teeth as you take out your earbuds. 

Just when I was focused on asking Baekhyun on that date, he has to show up and make me hesitate...

"Oh, I thought you were telling me to hurry up and sit next to you because you were excited to see me," he purses his lips together and furrows his eyebrows at your unamused face. "Why are you looking at me like I committed a crime? I can ride the bus too you know, I'm a citizen of South Korea as well."

"Technically you did commit a crime... Remember?" You smirk, hinting at the time he brought you to see the infamous cherry blossoms.

"You were there too, so if I go down, you're coming with me," he shields himself with his arms when you raise your fist jokingly. 

"Tsch..." you lean back in your seat, feeling a little more comfortable. "Anyways, what are you doing here? As far as I know, you have a bicycle, high class motorbike and luxury car."

"Well you see," Chanyeol avoids your gaze, as if embarrassed about what he is going to say, "my pedals sort of stopped working the other day so now my bicycle's at the repair shop. And I couldn't find the keys to my bike today no matter how hard I looked, which is weird... because I clearly remember leaving them on the couch."

"What about your car then? The Mercedes," you ask him. 

"Yeah, my sister... she and my brother-in-law are using it right now for their date. I don't understand why though, the last time I checked, they have two cars that work fine. Maybe mine's cooler," Chanyeol sighs in exasperation, still unable to accept the fact that his precious Mercedes has fallen in the hands of his elder sister. "That's why I have no other option today other than public transport."

You nod knowingly, finding the thought of Chanyeol failing to use all three modes of his own transportation a little entertaining. You look away to hide the smile creeping on your lips. 

"Are you laughing at my misery right now?" 

"Me? I would never!" You insist. 

"You really are bad a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter