four

Hearts Don't Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stare intently at your phone. Your heart is pounding in your chest at an unecessarily quick speed for some reason. You tell yourself it's just Park Chanyeol and that you have always found him to be annoying, but at the same time you are struggling to acknowledge that you were swayed by his actions earlier in the day. Also, the pessismist side of you is convinced what happened with Baekhyun is going to happen again with Chanyeol.

You are waiting at your neighbourhood bus stop because he had messaged that he would pick you up from there. You stand in front one of the glass panes of the bus stop to stare at your reflection. You are dressed for the event with your white off shoulder dress showing off the curves of your body and this time you have actually bothered to properly blow dry your hair, letting your locks cascade until your waist. You place your hands over your chest as you take in deep breaths. Chanyeol should be calling you at any minute.

After a few minutes of waiting without any calls, you sigh. Did something happen to him? Staring at your phone screen, you wonder if you should call him. You don't notice a black Mercedes Benz pulling up. You hear someone winding down a window, but you don't think the person doing it is Chanyeol.

"Aren't you getting in?" A familiar voice calls.

"Who..." when you look up, you pause and sit in surprise. "Park... Chanyeol?

"At your service," Chanyeol flashes you a proud grin before gesturing with his head for you to come inside. "Get in, we're going to be late."

Without wasting anymore time, you get inside the luxurious car. It proves to be a challenge to step inside because you're wearing heels and the heigh of the car is fairly tall like its owner, but Chanyeol offers his hand out and without knowing you hold onto it to settle in his car.

"Why did you get a car to pick up girls when they can barely get in it?"

"Yah, it's not for picking up girls," Chanyeol's flustered behaviour causes you to let out a soft laugh. He clears his throat, glancing at you. "You're the first girl to ever get in this car."

"Really?" You tilt your head.

Chanyeol nods and his lower lip juts out slightly to form a pout. "Of course, why would I be lying? I'm not a playboy, you know."

"Didn't seem like it when you gave all those girls your number the last time," you remind him.

"That was just so you could get to the front of the line. I changed my number after that," Chanyeol tells you so casually as if this is a daily occurrence.

"Isn't that really troublesome? I mean, you'd have to go around telling people your new number," you say.

"Not really. I don't have many contacts... Just the guys, my parents, my sister... the usual," A smile takes over his lips and the your eyes meet. "And I got a new one today. You."

"Don't send me any useless messages," You warn him since it feels like he would be the type of person to do that.

Chanyeol only scoffs while you keep your stare on his lingering smirk. It is at this moment that he looks over at you and you can't figure out if is the way he has styled himself today or because this is the closest you have ever come to seeing his face, but you are overcome with mesmerization at how outstandingly handsome he looks tonight. This is the guy you will be going to the premiere with, but he's not your date. Like he said, he's an and nothing else.

"We should speed up, the guys are probably waiting," Chanyeol steps on the pedal, accelerating the speed of the car which zooms to the venue.

 

 

When the both of you meet up with the guys at the cinema hall, they are surprised to find you with Chanyeol and they don't hesitate to make their shock obvious. Jongdae is the first one who gives the most exaggerated reaction, while Sehun and Kyungsoo stare in wide-eyed silence at this turnout. Your continuous insistence that it is not what it looks like is enough to clear the misunderstanding, thankfully, except that Jongdae still shoots the two of you and Chanyeol a suggestive glance from time to time in the cinema hall. But honestly, it really is not what it looks like.

The event starts after a few minutes and by now, there's already a big crowd gathering to catch a glimpse a few of the country's renowned actors. You are ecstatic when you get the chance to see Jo Insung in real life. Since Sehun managed to get high-tier tickets the five of you are permitted to enter the grand cinema hall to watch the very first screening of the movie and to watch it in the same cinema as the cast themselves.

You are sitting between Chanyeol and Sehun. As the lights in the hall dimmen, Sehun leans close to you, covering a hand over his mouth. "I had no idea you'd bring Chanyeol, out of all people. I thought you said he was annoying."

"Focus on the movie," you hold his chin so you can turn his head to face the screen.

Sehun rolls his eyes, but doesn't bother you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter