two

Hearts Don't Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your feelings for Baekhyun, you wonder when they started. Was it the time you saw him standing on stage during the university's singing competition during your freshman year? Even then he had been blessed with the voice of an angel and now when he sings you feel like melting twice as fast. Maybe it was the time Sehun brought you over to introduce him to you after the competition, and he had smiled so widely albeit being a little shy to take your hand.

Then you started growing closer as friends.

Now he comes up to you and messes up your hair for fun before rushing off for his next class. When you're sitting next to each other during lunch time he tells jokes and looks at you first for your reaction. Sometimes you stay back to watch him practice his singing, and he does the same for you. The time you have spent with him has never really resulted in anything romantic. No intense eye contact, no blushing except on your part, no situation where your faces have been awfully close, absolutely flipping nothing.

You've spent nights laying in bed for hours thinking about what you might mean to him. You're stuck in a platonic friendship that will never progress in to something more. I should make the first move. I should at least hint at it! You think, but timing is the problem here. Baekhyun is always with a group of people, whether it be his seniors, juniors, friends, teachers, he's a damn human magnet. 

Meanwhile, you don't think you're the type of person whose presence lures people to you. Actually, you haven't been paying much attention to who sticks by you and who doesn't because university is so diverse with so many different majors in the arts, you have a small group of friends scattered here and there. But you have no clue that there is someone who will end up getting involved with you more often. 

Ever since that incident, you haven't crossed paths with Park Chanyeol at all. You are convinced that he finds you too much of a pushover to be around from what happened in the cafeteria. He did make a big deal out of getting his hands on those sausages and in the end he watched the last ones being given out to your devilish seniors. You didn't want to turn around to witness the imminent sadness on his face.

The start of the semester for a junior like you is already starting to look hectic. You have about two dance routines due in two weeks needing self-choreographing, a research report on the fundamentals of traditional Korean dance. You have been so caught up with university that when a familiar face approaches you out of nowhere, your mind has to take time to process who this person is. 

 

On an ordinary weekday, you are minding your own business, walking outside the building where your lecture was just held.  

"Hey!" Sehun stops you, grinning at your expression. "Why? Don't tell me you've forgotten who I am."

You blink a few times before curling your hair behind your eye, batting your eyelashes and giving the boy an over-exaggerated smile. "Sorry, but who are you?"

"Ha ha, very funny," Sehun squints his eyes and mouths gibberish while making a hilarious face. "I was hoping to let you in on something, but I think I've changed my mind." He begins walking away and though you are watching his back you know he is snickering to himself.

"Sehun!" You catch up to Oh Sehun, your junior and your close friend. The both of you were in the same high school and you've been practising dance with him for years. You've seen his dance style change and improve over the years. From not knowing how to body wave and being shy about it to being able to execute it several times in a dance routine, while even wearing a smirk on his face.

"What?" Sehun unwraps a lollipop in his hands, tucking it away in one side of his mouth, you can see it, his right cheek jutting out. You know he's used to you always jumping out on him, it doesn't surprise him anymore. Sometimes you miss his voice cracks when you scared him in high school when he was still going through puberty.

Sehun doesn't take the hierarchy seriously in this university. He says it makes him sound too submissive. He never addresses his seniors with the usual sunbae, nor does he call his older friends hyung or noona. Now that you think about it, he has never called you noona either. He calls you by your name, sometimes a pet name, depending on his mood.

"Don't act like you didn't just speak to me a minute ago! Tell me, what do you wanna let me in on?" You stare at him with inquisitive eyes, anticipating for his answer. 

"It's nothing much though. You sure you want to know?" Sehun replies, underwhelming, as expected. 

"Tell me!"

"You know how Baekhyun  "As soon as the name rolls off Sehun's tongue, your heart momentarily pauses, "has been really wanting to catch that premiere of this one historical action movie with Jo Insung and Park Sungwoong in it? Actually, the others guys all have been wanting to see it too, but I only got five tickets to the premiere."

"And so?" You add, tapping your shoe impatiently.

"One ticket's for me and I let the guys fight over the two other tickets through foot volleyball," Sehun laughs as his eyes crinkle. "It was super intense."

Seeing him so entertained over the thought, you sort of wished you had been to see it all. You can imagine how all the guys would have acted playing the game. Shaking your head with a small on your fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter