three

Hearts Don't Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Thursday rolls around, you don't think anything can ruin your day. This is the highest your spirits have ever been ever since Sehun and Kyungsoo took you out to an all-you-can-eat buffet with unlimited varieties of alcohol. You get through all your lectures in the morning. You have lunch with your friends Jieun and Jiwon, the girls who couldn't make it for lunch the other week, and tell them all about your upcoming date with Baekhyun, igniting squeals from all of you.

You meet Sehun and Jongin at the fountain after your last lecture of the day. They are sitting at the steps in front of the fountain and are too busy playing games on their phones. You come up behind them and call their names. 

"Wait, wait, I'm busy!" Jongin taps furiously at his phone. "Sehun, one of them is at east! Shoot them!"

"I'm reloading bullets   The hell, Jongin you still have full health, you can kill them yourself," Sehun yells. 

You snicker and move to stand in front of them, planting your hands on their phone screens.

"Noona!" Jongin's voice is frantic and he tries to turn his phone away, but you have a firm hold over his phone screen. "Why are you so strong??"

You give them an innocent shrug and once you let go of their phones, the both of them have died in the game. Sehun stares blankly at the screen, then he gives you a look of utter unamusement. "Not funny, red cheeks." 

You glare at Sehun for calling you that. Back from when you were a toddler right up until now, your red cheeks have always been a dead giveaway of your feelings. What you hate about it is that it is not within your control, so whenever your heart starts to act up, your face flushes and it's too obvious. Your friends in high school teased you about it and you guess it stuck, especially with that Oh Brat. Even now when Sehun calls your that, your cheeks almost begin to change colour.

Sehun forgives people easily. He looks like he's someone who holds grudges for an eternity, but normally he's the first to apologise when he thinks he has gone out of line. He clears his throat, switching his phone off and setting it aside. 

"Red cheeks?" Jongin widens his eyes, knowing of your nickname too. "You did not just call her that, you jerk."

Sehun glances at the male, brushing him off to focus on you instead. "You're here alone? Where's Yixing?"

"Somewhere. I think he said he wanted to grab something to eat first so we parted.

"I'm pretty hungry too..." Jongin holds his stomach. "Don't you guys wanna go out of campus to eat?" 

"You're a literal goldfish, Kim Jongin. I have to return some comics to Chanyeol," Sehun says. 

"Have you guys seen Baekhyun today? I haven't seen him at all." 

The two of them look at each other as they shake their heads. Jongin furrows his brows together. "You're right, we haven't seen him either. But you must be really excited. Baekhyun's going to fall for you for sure."

"W-what are you saying? That's not true," still despite your denial, you are excited for tonight. 

"Don't worry, just meet up with us tonight, and you and Baekhyun can go have a nice time in the front," Sehun reassures. "Dress pretty."

"Ah, I'm pretty jealous now. Sehun, are you sure you can't sneak me in?" Jongin pouts.

Sehun looks at him weirdly, muttering as he checks his phone. "What is this guy saying..." After scrolling for a few seconds, you see a notification pop up on his screen which sends him in to a panic. "Yah, Jongin, get up."

"Why? What's the rush?" Jongin is clueless. 

"Yeah, what's the rush?" You join in.

"Hongseok wants to see all the dance major freshmen now," Sehun stuffs all his things in his backpack and takes out a few comic books. "Can you do me a favour?"

"Look at the time," you laugh, "I have somewhere to be right now!"

Just as you are about to make a run for it, Sehun grabs the strap of your tote bag, bringing you back. He holds out the comic books to you, looking at you hopefully.

"Help me return these to Chanyeol if you see him? The next round of food is on me next time," he offers.

"Oh Sehun, are you for real? Am I invited?" Jongin asks. 

"Give me that," you take the comic books from him, baited by the prospect of delicious food. "It's a deal, okay?"

Sehun nods, "geez, you do anything for food," he pinches your cheek.

"Ah, ah, ah!!!" You yell as he pulls at your cheek. "That is no way to treat your senior."

Sehun lets go and he and Jongin snicker. "Bye," the both of them chime, waving at you before taking off.

 

 

After his lecture, Chanyeol meets up with Junmyeon and Minseok outside the music department building. They are holding cans of coffee in their hands. Junmyeon must have just finished his last lecture of the day, while Minseok doesn't seem to be rushing to teach a class. He has been interning as a teaching assistant for the acting department after graduating last year.

When Chanyeol makes his way over to them, they are elated to see him. "Chanyeol-ah!" Minseok tosses him a can of coffee which he catches with ease. He takes a seat on the bench next to them, half curious to know what they are talking about. If it's anything to do with politics or the economy, he's out. 

"Did I miss anything?" 

"No, not much," Junmyeon shakes his head. "We were just talking about how we should have some fun too since the other kids are going to that movie premiere."

"Hyung, if you want to karaoke again I'm not going," Chanyeol scoffs. "Are only the three of us going? What about Yixing hyung and Jongin?"

"They're going too, but they can't meet us now because Jongin's in a freshmen meeting and Yixing won't answer his phone so I don't know where he is," Minseok says. "But I hope the kids have fun."

"Gayoung is going to have the time of her life," Junmyeon remarks, laughing. 

Chanyeol rests his cheek against his palm, lips pressed together. He wishes that they would stop talking about Seo Gayoung. He thinks you're a pushover and after thinking it through almost ten times, he still can't understand the side of you that you show your seniors. They must be convinced that you are the quiet junior who will do anything for anyone, someone you can push around and won't even fight back. Why hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter