seven

Hearts Don't Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is standing next to a woman, and a woman you have never seen before at that. You don't recognise her as someone you have seen on campus. She seems to be around your age, maybe even younger considering how youthful she looks. With her short hair, rosy cheeks, a petite stature, if she was in your university you would have known of her. At this moment as she is standing next to Baekhyun, although you hate to admit, they do look compatible. 

I can't believe I just acknowledged that... you clench your fists as you try your best to not give this unfamiliar face a glare. 

"Baekhyun-ah, what are you doing here?" Chanyeol inquires before looking at the woman next to him. "And this is..."

"Ah, this is Hyojin. She just transferred to my department as a sophomore, but we go way back. We've known each other since middle school," Baekhyun introduces, smiling warmly at her. "She's not from Seoul and she just arrived today, so I'm showing her around the place."

Your heart almost crumbles in to a million pieces. She gets to spend a whole day with Baekhyun? 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Hyojin but just Hyojin is fine," Hyojin bows respectfully to you and Chanyeol. 

Damn it, why does she have to be nice? You sulk since you have no legitimate reason to resent her now. Pushing all your bitter feelings aside, you give her a cheerful smile while waving your hand. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Gayoung. So you're in Baekhyun's major?" You ask. 

Hyojin nods, "Baekhyun's told me a lot about you. I heard you're the best dancer in the school. And... Chanyeol is the best guitarist and the noisiest?"

Chanyeol grits his teeth, giving Baekhyun a sharp look. "Yah, what kind of rumours are you spreading?"

You shake your head and nudge him at his side a little too hard in which a rambunctious yell escapes him. You should have expected that, Chanyeol doesn't stay silent when he's being assaulted. You are starting to question on whether the person singing on the stage and entrancing the audience earlier is the same person who is pouting at you while rubbing his waist.

Baekhyun notices your interaction with Chanyeol. The last time he remembered, you didn't seem close with him at all and found him annoying. "So, what are the two of you doing here?"

At the confused expressions coming from the both of you, Baekhyun laughs and scratches the back of his head. "It's just unusual to see the two of you together."

"Ah, yeah, of course. It's..." your mind blanks out. You turn to Chanyeol with wide, alarmed eyes and he mimics your expression. He had been waiting for youto give a plausible reason.

"I had a gig here and begged her to come!" He gestures to the pub where he performed. 

"Y-yeah, he wouldn't stop following me around so I had no choice..." you continue, feeling slightly guilty for painting Chanyeol as a persistent annoyance in the eyes of other people. 

Baekhyun and Hyojin nod knowingly. After a short silence, the four of you engage in some small talk, especially with Hyojin who has countless questions about university life in Seoul. Having been schooled in the suburbs, she is amazed by all the answers you give her about city life. You find her small mannerisms amusing to watch, it's no wonder that Baekhyun seems to be gazing at her with admiration. 

Baekhyun doesn't participate in the conversation between you, Chanyeol and Hyojin. He keeps staring at her and making it so obvious, as if she's the only person who exists in his world. 

Perhaps you're being too ignorant of this situation, your observations probably don't mean anything. He could be staring at her because he's genuinely interested in what she has to say about her suburban life, but you keep overthinking, blowing things out of proportion. What if... Just what if... they're... Unknowingly, you reach your hand up to tug at Chanyeol's jacket sleeve. 

Without brushing you off, he pauses the conversation and turns his attention to you instantly. "Yeah?" 

"Let's not hold them up. Baekhyun probably still has to show Hyojin around, and it's getting late. You said you'd take me home," you look up at him with pleading eyes. 

"N-now?" Chanyeol blinks at you in slight confusion before finally understanding why you want to leave. He opens in mouth for a second as if to let you know he has figured it and he raises his head to look at Baekhyun and Hyojin. "Sorry, we should be heading off now since it's getting late. See you guys on campus."

"Sure, make sure Gayoung gets home safely," Baekhyun reminds as Chanyeol unlocks his bike. 

You settle on the seat behind Chanyeol's, but this time you don't circle your arms around his waist, opting for holding onto your seat instead. The both of you wave Baekhyun and Hyojin goodbye. Your eyes are focused on your shoes this time, not wanting to lift your head to find Baekhyun laughing with her. 

"Hold on," you hear Chanyeol tell you once the two of you are far enough to not be spotted by them.

You hold onto his waist like you did before, si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter