Chapter 17 In The Family Way

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun

Taecyeon and I were practically hovering over poor Ewon where he lay spread out on the exam table while Dr. Hwang spread slimy goop over the small baby bump. Or his pooch, as he called it. Personally? I just called it adorable. And Taec, well, he couldn't keep his hands off it. I kept teasing him about being a ing for his pregnancy , especially the way he got more the larger Ewon's belly grew.

I felt bad for Ewon though. The poor guy had already endured a full three-months worth of constant morning sickness, although why they called it that, I couldn't say. He'd been sick in the evenings, usually after his dinner had settled. He was fine in the mornings. Especially after a cup of tea with that ginger crap he likes so much. No, I felt bad because of the current indignity the pregnancy brought. Right now, he was under a flimsy paper gown, his feet up in stirrups from the physical part of the exam he'd just had.

"Alright, gentlemen! Are you ready to meet your child? Now that you're at the halfway point, if they decide to be agreeable, we may even be able to assess the gender today." Dr. Hwang's usual no-nonsense manner was lighter today as shereadied the ultrasound. I guess even cranky women liked seeing a good ultrasound. She picked up a handheld wand device and began to run it over the baby bump while she watched the static-filled screen on the ultrasound display screen.

Taec gasped as the familiar whooshing sound of Ewon's wonb and the rapid beating of our child's heartbeat came rushing into the room via the speakers on the ultrasound unit. I looked over to see suspiciously watery eyes on his black face. I reached over and threaded my fingers through his, knowing how much this meant to my seemingly stoic husband.

I'd been along for the past few visits and been lucky enough to hear the heartbeat, Taec had been out of town working. He'd taken time off for this visit. He'd been determined not to miss this milestone. I was thrilled that we were finally both in attendance for one of our omega's doctor visits instead of it just being me and Ewon. Not gonna lie, hearing that heartbeat was always the highlight of the visit for me. I'd toyed with the idea fo buying a gadget to listen to it at home, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

That was the good part of working from home. I could be ther for everything, I felt bad when Taec missed out on things like that. And to hear that today we could possibly find out what we were getting? That was just the icing on the cake...as long as the stinker decided to cooperate and let us see. I was hoping to find out now that I knew it was a definite possibility. I had a nursery to design and decorate.

Ewon in a breath, and Taaec leaned into me and laid his head against my shoulder as the screen suddenly filled with the image of our child "That's the baby!" I whispered in awe " Are you guys seeing that? Look at our little bean all filled out!"

Taec pulled away from me and took a step closer to the machine for a better view "Look at those tiny hands! There are fingers." I didn't miss the wonder in his voice as I looked over and shared a knowing grin with Ewon. Over the past five or so months that he'd lived with us, he'd noticed what I already knew.

Our Taecyeon was a big marshmallow when it came to some things. And the twenty weeks of pregnancy had definitely brough out his inner fluff. Not that we called him on it. He'd just get all gruff and alpha up if we did. Ewon was good fit for us. He shared many of Taec's blunt, salt of the earth qualities, but tempered it with the more omega-like nurturing skills.

Ewon was a patient listener, who didn't mind listening to me babble when I was trying to figure out a project or worrying about Taec while he was gone. And watching him with Sica? That made me smile on the daily. He was firm but loving with the darling girl. He had definite ideas respectful obedience and discipline, and wasn't afraid to call us out of we spoiled her. I was just glad that he'd finally relaxed on the "Nichkhun-SSI" . He'd finally agreed to "Nichkhun-ajeossi" which I personally wasn't too thrilled but at least it was a step in the right direction. I was nurturing the dream of one day having her call me simply by my name or maybe "oppa" if nothing more, but I was willing to be patient.

When Dr Hwang finally finished measuring different things on the screen, she turned to us with a smile "Okay, now for the fun part! It shouldn't be a problem, because this little one is moving all around!" she turned and wink at Ewon "Let me guess, orange juice?"

Ewon blushed as he flashed a guilty grin "The pregnancy website said that orange juice before the ultrasound visit would help get the baby moving. And I knew from there that we'd able to see the gender this week maybe, so I figured it wouldn't hurt."

Dr. Hwang winked at him "It's a good tip. Now let's see what we can see, hmm? the baby turned right then, one of the legs moving just enough to make the doctor smile triumphantly "Yep! There it is! Congrats, Daddies. It's a boy!"

Taec leaned closer and pointed at the baby's nether region "Is that the umbilicus, Tiffany?"

She chuckled softly "No, Taecyeon. That would be your son's ."

Taec looked over his shoulder at me with a cocky grin "Guess we don't need to wonder who the seed donor was now, huh?" Ewon rolled his eyes while I snorted a laugh. ing size queen, always had to brag.

After a few more minutes, Dr. Hwang began to wrap things up as she tapped on her keyboard. Taec pulled out his phone, his fingers hovering over the sceen to take notes for the rest of the visit. I shook my head with a grin and watched as she turned everything off and wiped Ewon's belly clean.

After she was done, she pulled the CD from the machine that she'd had us bring, and passed i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter