Chapter 16 The Porcelain God

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ewon

I rolled over, my own stomach clenching. I wanted to go back to sleep and wait until the pain dissipated, but with every cramp it became more and more obvious that I was going to be worshipping the porcelain throne withing th hour.

At least I was in my own bed annd not disturbing anyone else's sleep. When I had gone to bed, I'd thought the exact opposite, wanting to snuggle then night away with my alphas. We still hadn't talked to Sica about it, though, and that meant that we kept separate bedrooms. Though that might not change when she did know.

The entire thing was so complicated. In the two weeks since my heat, things had been a cross between 'nothing has changed' and 'all things have changed'. That was why I wasn't ready to talk to Sica about it yet, I had no clue what to tell her. Sure, the three of us had talked ground rules on and jealousy and communication, but we never put a name to it.

Friends? No, we were so much more than that. Lovers? Absolutely, but not just that. They were still married, so in a way, I was a third weel. But it never felt like that when we were together. , It didn't feel like it even when I did overthink the situation. No, we were a complicated cluster of...of awesome.

My stomach clenched again, and this time I bounded out of bed and into the bathroom, reaching the toilet just in time. As my stomach emptied, I found immediate relief and was able t get up ans spalsh cool water on my face. Beautiful.

After rinsing my mouth, I padded back to bed. I felt so much better, though drained. The sick part of it was, I was glad I threw up and hopped to do it again and again. I was still a couple days away from being able to test for pregnancy, and if trowing up wasn't as good as a test, I didn't know what was.

I pulled out my phone, the fancy one Taecyeon had insisted I replace my old throwaway with. He'd claimed it was to make sure I always had a good connection, something about my provider being limited. He wasn't fooling anyone with his pragmatic explanation. He'd given it to me because his love language was gifts. He loved to give them, and Jessica was his favorite recipient.

Anytime he flew anywere, he came home with a little bear for her wearing a shirt from the city, state, or country he'd been to. The first one had been a Winnie the Pooh and she sqeed so enthusiastically, I knew her room was going to be filled with them. Since that first one, the bears had varied, but her enthusiasm never waned. It was adorable.

I plugged the date when we first did the deed in a pregnancy calculator. I knew that given my use of suppressants and then the use of the 'get ready for baby' hormomes, followed by the miscarriage, the chance it was going to be accurate was nil, but that didn't stop me.

According to my calculations, I could get an accurate test result in two days, which was more or less what I'd assumed. I wanted to go into the bathroom right then and there and pee on that stick. Not that I had one. Purchasing one was going to my list for the day's activities, although I'd bet dimes of won that Taecyeon already owned a stack of them. I didn't want to get his hopes up by asking, especially sinse he was out of town for work.

My stomach began to roil again, and I decided that sleep was not going to happen. I got up and showered, then once again found myself using the toilet in one of the least fun ways possible.

It was still an hour before I needed to wake Sica up for school when I exited my room dressed in sweats, hopping that it would help lessen the pain if another bout came. When I'd had mornign sickness last time, for I'd pretty much convinced myself I currently was again, it was less painful and more just wondering when it was gonna happen. They said healthy pregnancies started with pukies.

The kitchen was empty when I arrived. I didn't love the days that Taecyeon was away, not even before we'd all come together. There was something calming about getting up early and just having a quiet cup of good coffee together. I knew it was interfering with his routines to have me there, his trip to the gym often skipped for that time together. He said that he didn't mind. I knew in a way it was true, no one could push Taecyeon into doing something he didn't want to do. But I caught him looking at home gym equipment more than once online, so his time with me had been sacrifice. The little selfish part of me relished that-that I was worth sacrificing for, even if it was only in a small way.

Grabbing the ginger syrup I had grown to love during my last pregnancy, I poured an extra serving into my favorite mug, the one that always waited for me by the French press and then began to boil the water. But instead of coffee, I found myself in the pantry, checking out the tea selection. My stomach was just not ready for coffee.

I went back into the kitchen and finished making my tea before sitting down at the table and watching the birds at the feeder just outside the large picture window. That was one of the many nice things about being not in the heart of the city any longer. I could actually see non-pigeons, which, let's be honest, were just rats with wings.

"You're up early." Nichkhun's sleep-filled voice startled me.

"Says the man who I usually have to drag out of bed." it was one of my favorite things, too. Going into his room, seeing him all sleepy and relaxed then his lazy smile blooming as I came into view.

"Thar's all part of my nefarious plan." he popped one of those nasty pods into his machine ad slid his cup underneath. For someone who liked nice things, his ability to settle for wannabe coffee perplexed me. It didn't even save that much time. He could easily have a nice pour-over by adding maybe a minute to his process.

"Nefarious plan?" it sounded yummy, and my was already responding to the thoughts of what his plan could entail. That was one thing there was disagreeing on this arrangement, we were all feeling the lustful pull, and it was fabulous.

"Yes. Nefarious. If we can't have you in our bed each night, at least I can have you be one of the first things I see in the morning." I walked up behind him just as his cup of crap was almost done and wrapped my arms around him, loving that he loved me going in there as much as I loved doing so.

"i'm okay with that plan." I kissed a path down his neck, something that was different from the way we'd initially been. I'd been too nervous that I wasn't good enough, or would ruin things, to even initiate anything outside of our first time together when heat ruled my body. Now I was feeling both more confident and comfortable "It isn't as if I enjoy not being there at night." I confessed. It got worse and worse with each night, and sinse we promised complete honesty over our feels, I knew that holding it in any longer was setting us up for trouble later on.

"It is something the three of us need to discuss. No one is jumping for joy over having you in the next room." he turned around, kissing my cheek and whispering in my ear "If I had my way we'd all be together pretty much all the time."

"This I know."  I sighed before pointing to his coffee-ish stuff and heading back to my seat, the nausea simmering in my belly.

"You like my need for you. Both of our needs." he took the seat across from me, grabbing my syrup before looking at it, making a disgusting face and getting up for his creamer in a bottle he'd just started using. The s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter