Chapter 25 You Have Got To Be Kidding Me

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ewon 

I knew all the cliches about not going to bed mad, but I did. No, mad wasn't even the right word. I was livid. First my men thought it was a good idea to adopt not only a kitten, but a blind one that still hadn't been litter trained, but they brought it home when Kai was there, leading to a half-hour lecture on the dangers of cat feces to our unborn child and an additional half-hour lecture on how kittens were unable to clean themselves enough for me to even be handling them.

I'd have called bull on it, but then he opened his magical bag of resources to show me all the reasons why you should never get a new cat while pregnant, especially one that was from a shelter. By the time Kai left, I was a guilt-ridden, paranoid omega who just wanted space and the kitten gone. Not that I could take it away after learning it's freaking sob story and seeing Sica's tears. That little devil knows how to manipulate others, if only I could find a way to use her power for good. !

In hindsight, it probably wasn't as long an ordeal as it felt at the time, and Kai did try to sugar his unhappiness in aura and chakra gobbledygook. He even tried to do that touching me but not touching me massage thingy he was sure made all things better. That didn't change the reason for his disapproval, my future mates forgot to bring their brains with them to the pet store.

No, the day before had been a cluster. I probably overreacted with all the hormones and the Kai-infused guilt. But for now, I was still mad. The poor kitten had been isolatedto the sunroom, and everyone had strict instructions to wash and sanitize their hands every time they went in there.

I got out of bed, both Nichkhun and Taecyeon still asleep. I'd been mad, but not having them in bed with me felt all kinds of wrong, only proving my theory that the pregnancy had turned me certifiably crazy. I padded into the bathroom, starting the shower as another Braxton Hicks hit me. I hated those things. I knew they were practice contractions or whatever, but I was pretty sure whether I practice or not that my little boy was gonna find his way out, so I was fine with having the no-practice method of pregnancy. Unfortunately, my body didn't agree.

As the shower steamed up, I took care of my morning needs before climbing inside, the heat doing wonders on my sore back. I squirted out some of Nichkhun's shampoo and made quick work of my hair, not bothering with any conditioner. Then a grabbed my washcloth, squirting a bit of Taecyeon's bodywash on it before cleaning off the remains of the day before. I had my own shampoo and soap, but for some reason, I needed to smell like them, even if only superficially, their natural scent not something anyone could replicate.

As I toweled off, I sighed. The last thing I wanted to do was to see people. I wanted to stay home, make sure the nursery was in order, which it was, and read a good book. Walking hurt. Standing hurt. Sitting hurt. I was the equivalent of a little old man thanks to the ginormous being in my middle. Sure, Kai had predicted the baby would be around seven pounds, but there was no freaking way. The kid was ten pounds if he was an ounce. Both my bladder and back could attest to that. Plus, I was grouchy as could be. Staying home would be ideal, but we had the stupid- shower.

I just didn't get the shower thing. If I'd still be single without a pot to piss in, sure, it would've been nice to know my baby would have all the necessities. That wasn't the case, though. Between Taecyeon using all the internet's MUST HAVE lists as actual shopping lists and Nichkhun spending too much money on the internet purchases, I doubted we would need a thing for him before his first birthday. Except, of course, a name, but we still had time for that. Or so I kept telling myself.

At least the shower was at Jun K's. I hadn't seen Minjun in a month, and he was the closest thing I had to a friend before the whole surrogacy thing. Sohyang-ssi was a close second.

I made the guys promise to keep it small. Not that they ever did anything half-assed. But the last thing any guy about ready to birth a baby needed was to be in a crowded room with a bunch of people all loud and asking questions. At least there would be cake. I liked cake.

"You okay?" Taecyeon called, cracking the door open just enough for the sound to carry.

"I'm fine, Taecyeon. Almost done." I pulled on my new robe after having outgrown my favorite one. One size fits all was such a lie. It only fit if you were cool with your belly hanging out.

"Sorry I took so long." I mumbled as I grabbed clothes for the day "The hot wated felt so good I just kind of hung out in there and let it soothe my back."

It had helped, too. Which was great since I was going to be on my feet more than normal. At least I didn't have a Kai appointment first. He always wore me out with his intensity, even if his intention was to be the exact opposite, the master of chill.

"Still mad about last night?" Nichkhun asked as I pulled on my boxers. Or mostly pulled them on, the waistband settled below my belly, the days of wearing them correctly long gone.

"I don't know, Nichkhun." I was in an all-around bad mood and moody as , but I couldn't tell how much of that was directly kitten related and how much was because I was super pregnant, had a very emotional day the day before, and knowing I was expected to be all sunshine and roses so people could celebrate pur coming child when all I wasnted to celebrate was a nap.

"It was a pretty crap thing to do. Mostly I thing I'm just overdone with being pregnant and all-around grumpalupagus. At least you brought home a cat, while completely irresponsible and inappropriate, given my pregnancy, far less needy than a puppy. If you had done that, blood would've-" instantly, Nichkhun's face filled with guilt at my words. Crap on a cracker, there was a dog too " me. You got a puppy, too?"

"He's so adorable." he flinched, as he should. A kitten and a puppy. Did no one in the family have any sense left? "All big ears and cuteness."

"You both had a change of heart on this whole baby thing and want me good and dead before he arrives." I was so being a drama queen, but screw it. At least in this case, I was in the right "That's it, right? You're trying to kill me. What in tarnation are we going to do with a puppy?"

"Love it?" taecyeon answered sheepishly, and I rewarded him with my evil eye. I wasn't surprised at all that Nichkhun would spontaneously come home with something furry and loveable, but Taecyeon? Taecyeon, I was shocked by. He was the think-it-through guy.

"You do know cats are s, right?" They were cute little balls of fur, sure, but s to boot.

"Not all of them." was all Taecyeon could come up with in responce.

"Yes, all of them. And puppies require more work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter