Chapter 5 The Maybe Baby Delivery System

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun

I reached for Taecyeon's hand as we walked toward the sterile glass and chrome building. While the contemporary vide definitely supported the whole modern concept of surrogacy, the unwelcoming exterior left a lot to be desired on humanity front.

"Breathe, Khunnie. I know you're nervous, but remember, this one chose us. Sunny said that she waspositive that we would be a match with this one."

I took a shuddering breath, willing my heart rate to calm before I moved into full-blown panic mode "Yes. But the last one said that, too. Until he met us and realized that we were both alphas. What if this one overlooked that detail, too? Besides, as sweet and well-meaning as Lee-ssi is, we both know that she can't infuelnce the process."

Taecyeon stopped and pulled me into his arms, squeezing me tight "Breathe, babe. Don't get all worked up until we've at least met the guy. I know that this has been rough for you, but let's just go in there and meet him. We won't know if we won't try, right?"

I nodded against his strong shoulder, inhaling deep calming breath of that delicious sandalwood scent of his "Okay. I'm sorry to ing meltdown before we even get in the door."

Taec chuckled and kissed my cheek "Babe? It's better to melt down out here with me than inside in front of our possible surrogate."

"Our maybe-baby delivery system?" I attempted a joke as I pulled back and gatheres myself.

Rolling his eyes, Taec reached for my hand "Let's just stick with surrogate, hmm? Now come on. We're a minute-and-fifteen seconds late now."

I bit my tongue and nodded. Okay. Here we go. I can do this. Step by ste-

My mental pep talk came to an abrupt end as Taecyeon opened the door and all but propelled me inside with a guiding hand to my lower back. I looked around the perspective parents waiting area while Taec checked in with the receptionist. The surrogates had their own area in another part of the building, presumably so that we wouldn't meet accidentally before being paired and chosen.

I was always afraid to sit on the artistic-looking molded plastic chairs. They were bright orange, meant to pop against the royal-blue walls. The artwork hanging in the room consisted of unframed canvas pieces of modern art, heavy on the orange with shades of blue blended through.

Even the plants scattered arounf were alien-looking forms of cacti. It was as if the designer had purposely going for visual overstimulation, which is probably why the whole room was nerve-wracking to me. If it weren't for the beige carpet and the underlying scents that threaded through the air, this room would make me have a panic attack all on its own.

I clossed my eyes to block out the room and just nhaled the soothing fragrance of eau de omega that perfumed the air. This place was always such a calming blend of scents from many omegas that came and went throughout the building. It was odd to me how so many couples with omega partners would opt for surrogacy because the omega partner didn't wish to deal with a pregnancy. Still, I did enjoy the lingering scents of the ones who'd been through here.

All those hebar and floral blended scents that omegas carried were like a balm to the soul. Until I'd met and fallen in love with Taec, I'd always assumed that I'd meet and marry an omega of my own one day. Hmm. Strange how life works out. Still, I wouldn't trade my sandalwood-scented man for anything.

"Babe? Hello? They're calling us back." I opened my eyes to see Taec looking at me impatiently from where he stood next to the receptionist's desk. Sunny-ssi was standing in the open doorway to the back offices with a warm smile on her face. 

I schooled my expression into a friendly smile that hopefully masked my terrified anxiety as I crossed the room to join them. Sunny-ssi spoke conversationally as she led us back to her office "It is great to see you guys again! I'm so happy that you were both able to make this impromptu meeting. I think that you are going to like the surrogate candidate I have for you to meet today."

"And they are aware that we are alphas, Sunny?"

I followed as Taec stepped into pace with Sunny-ssi, chatting confidently as only he could.

She turned to us with a wide smile as she stopped in front of her office door "Yes, he is aware. And no, he doesn't have aproblem with it. Now take a deep breath, both of you, and relax. Jung-ssi is right inside my office waiting to meet you. trust me, he's as nervous as I'm sure the both of you are. Let's just see if you gentlemen think there's a possibility of a match, hmm? Remember, you don't have to marry the guy. You just need him to carry your child."

Taec nodded abruptly and shot me a comforting smile. After giving us both one last searching lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter